Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    sorry if I make this sound wrong...

haste is linear with regen and cast time.. more haste, quicker casts.. you still regen back the same %. Only difference you might notice any small gains in regen is if you're using instants...

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Glyphed AP is a waste as haste. You'll burn through your mana and just have to evocate more during bloodlust.
    un-glyped, you can get a nice alignment of your ICDs for a second burst...

Aim for 35% mastery raid buffed.. that seems to be the sweetspot (for my gear level anyways)
    Alright, then what glyph would you suggest I replace it with?

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, whatever glyph you want?

Deleted
    He is using EoT Lfr So yes he got a soft cap that has nothing to do with NT either, Im not 100% sure were it is for LFR EoT but i know that the Normal EoT GCD cap during Hero at 8800 haste.'

Edit i found dreamspyres comment in the arcane mage guide.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    It depends on a few things, whether or not you have an EoT trinket, what difficulty trinket it is, how many upgrades on the trinket. If you don't have EoT it's impossible to cap. If you are capable of reaching nearly 13k haste rating from gear alone, the best bet is to go for that new soft cap and use mage armor over frost, otherwise go for 8797, and reforge mastery after that point. This only applies to the haste stacking 6 charge camping style, and you're right it won't really matter next patch anymore.

LFR EoT 0/2 - 9584 w/ Frost Armor, 13659 w/ Mage Armor
    LFR EoT 1/2 - 9352 w/ Frost Armor, 13427 w/ Mage Armor
    LFR EoT 2/2 - 9111 w/ Frost Armor, 13186 w/ Mage Armor

Norm EoT 0/2 - 8797 w/ Frost Armor, 12872 w/ Mage Armor
    Norm EoT 1/2 - 8535 w/ Frost Armor, 12610 w/ Mage Armor
    Norm EoT 2/2 - 8263 w/ Frost Armor, 12338 w/ Mage Armor

Hero EoT 0/2 - 7909 w/ Frost Armor, 11984 w/ Mage Armor
    Hero EoT 1/2 - 7613 w/ Frost Armor, 11688 w/ Mage Armor
    Hero EoT 2/2 - 7306 w/ Frost Armor, 11381 w/ Mage Armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    He is using EoT Lfr So yes he got a soft cap that has nothing to do with NT either, Im not 100% sure were it is for LFR EoT but i know that the Normal EoT GCD cap during Hero at 8800 haste.'

Edit i found dreamspyres comment in the arcane mage guide.
    Thats the 50% gcd and scorch haste cap. Since damage is largely from blast and missiles is it really worth switching to mastery when most of the time you won't be at that level of haste?
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-01-27 at 11:18 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Thats the 50% gcd and scorch haste cap. Since damage is largely from blast and missiles is it really worth switching to mastery when most of the time you won't be at that level of haste?
    It will change on a person by person basis. For some people, Haste and Mastery are so closely valued that any devaluation of Haste will suddenly make stacking Mastery better, even though you're still playing a "Haste" build. For me, I found that a few item levels ago, I benefited from getting to the soft cap and reforging for a bit more mastery was an increase, but at the Ilvl I am at now, I get more benefit from even more haste, to the point where I'm almost breaking 12k.

Dementor linked a great Haste Style SimC priority list in the "Arcane Haste Cap" thread here, I'd suggest using that if anyone is interested in finding out whether they should aim for the soft cap and reforge mastery or just shoot past it.

Another small note to mention. That soft cap really only reliably lines up if your guild lusts a fight off the bat. If you hold the lust for any real period of time, it's an incredibly small chance that you'll proc your trinket for anything close to the full duration during a lust, in that case, the soft cap is pretty much nonexistant. But with a gain of almost 40+ iLvl's next tier, I wouldn't be surprised if we're hitting the haste soft cap off gear alone without valuing in a trinket proc, in which case we will not be stacking haste past that value any longer and going for more mastery.

Ok, I reforged for a little more mastery and dropped down to 8812 haste...does this sound about right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we're hitting the haste soft cap off gear alone without valuing in a trinket proc, in which case we will not be stacking haste past that value any longer and going for more mastery.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the cap before gems...

When does haste/crit/mastery rating begin to suffer DR? If it still does..

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the cap before gems...

When does haste/crit/mastery rating begin to suffer DR? If it still does..
    I highly doubt we'll be able to hit 15705 Haste Rating without using Haste gems, but it's basically a guarantee that we can hit that next tier. The real question will be if we can hit the 19780 Haste Rating amount in order to soft cap and use Mage Armor instead of Frost.

Those stats don't DR in the normal sense. They suffer from devaluation in some cases like hitting the haste soft cap will devalue haste, or if you're frost and you hit the crit soft cap crit will become devalued, etc.

OMG...thank you guys so much for the help!!!!!

Lats week I was 17th in damage done.....after your assistance I was 6th on boss kills tonight!!!!

Deleted
    glad to hear that

have fun !