Thread: Rift and Me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynaric View Post
    Thanks for that,Only takes bout 5minutes max for me to join wfs. How is end game content compared to leveling?
    I love it, I hate leveling in most mmos. SWTOR actually did leveling right, I enjoyed it so much I did it twice. The first time through most mmos though it is a little better - because I can at least fool myself into believeing I care about the lore...

That being said, I really enjoy Rift's endgame. The raiding is very nice. They make gearing something anyone can do with running dungeons for drops and marks - but also there are the IS(infinity stones). These IS will get you gear just as good and sometimes better than dungeon crawling. And IS can be gotten from doing just about anything in Rift; IAs, quests, Zone Events(this is the best), even pvp rewards IS now (Conquest).

In comparison to leveling it is worlds better, but that is coming from someone who dislikes leveling in general.

Also there is pvp endgame. With the last patch they finally made it reasonable. Before the last patch I believe you would've had to pvp, conquest, finish all weeklys and dailies for like 2-3 weeks to earn 1 piece. With the last patch they made it so you can get a piece a week (SO AWESOME!) and removed the restriction of being rank 60 - just to even earn the tokens. Stick with it - many of us out there have killed 15 mobs of this, collect 20 barrels of that, kissed 8 frogs for some 15 years now. It's bound to just get boring for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I love it, I hate leveling in most mmos. SWTOR actually did leveling right, I enjoyed it so much I did it twice. The first time through most mmos though it is a little better - because I can at least fool myself into believeing I care about the lore...

That being said, I really enjoy Rift's endgame. The raiding is very nice. They make gearing something anyone can do with running dungeons for drops and marks - but also there are the IS(infinity stones). These IS will get you gear just as good and sometimes better than dungeon crawling. And IS can be gotten from doing just about anything in Rift; IAs, quests, Zone Events(this is the best), even pvp rewards IS now (Conquest).

In comparison to leveling it is worlds better, but that is coming from someone who dislikes leveling in general.

Also there is pvp endgame. With the last patch they finally made it reasonable. Before the last patch I believe you would've had to pvp, conquest, finish all weeklys and dailies for like 2-3 weeks to earn 1 piece. With the last patch they made it so you can get a piece a week (SO AWESOME!) and removed the restriction of being rank 60 - just to even earn the tokens. Stick with it - many of us out there have killed 15 mobs of this, collect 20 barrels of that, kissed 8 frogs for some 15 years now. It's bound to just get boring for some of us.
    Yeah I kinda feel bad like only having portals from silver to gloam. Im like 37 now

You couldn't pay me to spam the same thing over and over again. Unless it's boss attempts, I lurrrvvvveee me some progression.

I really advise mixing it up. Always be in the dungeon queue, always be in the PvP queue, do a few IAs then quest for an hour or so. Break it all up. It might be slower in number of hours played but it'll probably be faster in numbers of days taken to level since you won't feel like leveling is a chore and you'll be more willing to do it.

I absolutely detest leveling in any game since I'm all about raiding. But forgetting you're leveling and juts getting stuck into the questing in Storm Legion was by far the most enjoyable way for me to level. Sure spamming Hunt Rifts for 20 hours straight got me a lot of levels, but I haven't been able to enjoy them since and that was over 2 months ago.

I do que for dungeons still find it oddly boring