Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't worry, they went out of their way to make Navia the most hateable character possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Still, after what she went through, you cannot blame her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Still, after what she went through, you cannot blame her.
    She's been raped and abused… so like every other female slave in the show, pretty much. She's become a hot-headed mess with little in common with the Naevia of Season 1. And her emotional bullying and bossy attitude are just insufferable. If she's so unhappy, she can go fall on her sword and spare Crixus the misery of her company.

On a happier note: To the Batmobile, Robin Nasir!

I could watch Agron gifs all day

So, Last night felt like somewhat of a filler episode for the season, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.. Dustin Clare (Gannicus) Is just being turned into a damn action hero. dual wielding swords, two stupidly hot honeys chasing after him... attitude like a baws. loves to drink, fuck and fight...

Definately looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

One inconsistency I didn't like was When Agron came across Nasir and Castus, Nasir stopped Agron from killing Castus saying he had nothing to do with it etc.. which is fine, but in the last episode Agron had a paddy for a full episode over them walking into a ROOM together.. yet when Nasir steps infront of a blade for him.. he's fine with it?

Dude, Gannicus is already an action hero! Dual wielding historically was reserved only for the best gladiators. His skills demonstrated in second season are vastly superior to Spartacus and anyone else. He killed a guy blindfolded and was the only guy that won his freedom in Capua. On top of that he is actually the only gladiator to have shown unarmed combat of Pankration skills. His personality of ''I drink, I f@#k and I kill till I die'' without being a brute is just so well depicted and perfectly placed in that era of slavery. I just don't want to see him dying by that noob Cesar, but I am pretty sure it will happen.

How did Gannicus display skills vastly superior to Spartacus? He fought a featless guy with his hands, and a featless guy blind folded. A lot of over estimating for the featless guys, to buff the prestige of Gannicus. Didn't Spartacus kill four gladiators when he had no gladiator training, after being locked up and probably unfed since he was supposed to die. Plus when they did fight it was a draw, which is why Gannicus said he is Spartacus equal with a sword. He then clearly remarks on Spartacus being superior with a spear. And who cares if Gannicus won his freedom, Spartacus took his freedom. Not to mention Gannicus only received freedom because of a power play by Solonius. Spartacus probably could have earned his freedom had Solonius done the same thing when Theokolese died. And yes I know Crixus helped Spartacus, but Theokolese could have killed three of the giants Gannicus beat.

oh man the ending of the episode really set the tone for the next 1.

I think some major character will die next episode, Crixus maybe, or Agron..

Gonna suck if they kill off Spartacus and Gannicus..

Quote Originally Posted by Hagseey View Post
    I think some major character will die next episode, Crixus maybe, or Agron..

Gonna suck if they kill off Spartacus and Gannicus..
    The thing is, and this isn't really a spoiler, but Spartacus is a historical figure. With this being the last season, we already know how it's going to end. And that makes me a sad panda :*(

We still don't know that. I know we are all fairly sure that Sparty is doomed, but they have said we would be surprised by the ending, personally, I think itll be left with an ambiguous type of ending as opposed to seeing our heroes get torn apart before our eyes!

however I do feel there is an ending coming to a major character soon :< and I feel it could be Agron :<

Absolutely loving this season so far. My only wish is that they did 4 seasons and not 3 as so much is being compacted into this season. Gives it some real nice unpredictability though, yet they manage to still stay fairly historically accurate. DeKnight called it 'historically parallel" in an interview before the season and I think he could not have described it any better.

My predictions for the next 2 episodes (7 & 8):

-They build the episode of the historical fact that Spartacus tried to make a truce briefly before the final battle but with a twist from the rebel perspective. Spartacus begins to take advantage of Cassus' greed confidence and sets up this meeting faking a truce knowing that Crassus won't pass up this opportunity to capture him. Meanwhile his main plan will to distract Crassus so that some of his slaves can slip into Crassus's legion's slave camp to sabotage and possibly convert them. Sybil and Leata will probably be involved with this and they will end up running into Kore who will then join the rebels or will be taken due to her current circumstances. Crassus will then find out and lose his shit, finally becoming unbalanced and will be open to mistakes in the coming battle in episode 8. It's the one thing that can actually throw Crassus off his game and give Spartacus some relieve.

Episode 8 will be a massive battle in which we will see Crixus and a part of the army sacrifice themselves in some way and pull a brilliant maneuver working together with Spartacus so that Spartacus and half of the army can break Crassus' lines and head North to escape. They are blood brothers, as explicitly shown in episode 5 there is no way they are going to have Crixus and half the army just desert Spartacus after that. Crixus's breakoff will be part of a feint to save the whole.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 03:20 AM ----------

Also to those saying Gannicus is better then Spartacus because he beat a man blindfolded. Do not forget Andy(may he RIP) beating the shit out of 12 fully armored romans simultaneously with practice swords. Or in season two when running for his life in the forest with no food and no armor, single handedly slaying a group of like 15 of them while protecting neavia. DeKnight got them to fight eachother in season 2 for a reason and showed it being a draw. They are on equal ground when it comes to swordplay, they would probably end up both dieing from their wounds if they ever fought eachother to kill.

Gannicus is defiantly shown to have the advantage in unarmed combat though while Spartacus is clearly better with a spear. Both have been shown to be equal on horseback as well.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-11 at 07:11 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Also to those saying Gannicus is better then Spartacus because he beat a man blindfolded. Do not forget Andy(may he RIP) beating the shit out of 12 fully armored romans simultaneously with practice swords. Or in season two when running for his life in the forest with no food and no armor, single handedly slaying a group of like 15 of them while protecting neavia. DeKnight got them to fight eachother in season 2 for a reason and showed it being a draw. They are on equal ground when it comes to swordplay, they would probably end up both dieing from their wounds if they ever fought eachother to kill.

Gannicus is defiantly shown to have the advantage in unarmed combat though while Spartacus is clearly better with a spear. Both have been shown to be equal on horseback as well.
    I suppose episide 1 or 2, the one that has Gannicus himself saying 'By sword we are matched but you have me by fucking spear' might be somewhat relevant! They are both trained in the same fighting style anyway. I don't think there is a 'better' just differing attitudes towards it!

On a battlefield the warrior who can kill people with the most available means is all that matters. Spartacus can kill with swords, spears, he improves his mens ability to kill with his leadership. Basically what i'm saying if going to war i'm taking Spartacus with me. If i'm fighting in the arena Gannicus or Spartacus would be a good choice. If it was a large Arena fight though, like in Gladiator, i'd take Spartacus though. Maximus sure didn't beat those chariots through simply being a good swordsman.

Deleted
    Glad this is the last season, the story is becoming somewhat stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Question, what in the fuck was going on with Caeser and that slave. Aside from the obvious, what was with the knife and the blood? Tiberius came in with a great one liner. "Years abroad have lead you to strange pleasures" XD
    That was not obvious at all. No BJ there. She was lightly cutting the inner side of his hip, and shitload of endorphines are produced by his body. After this a small touch can cause more pleasure than a blowjob. "Strange pleasures" mentioned by Tiberius is a form of masochism.
    Last edited by Useful; 2013-03-11 at 12:46 PM.

Is that what caused the mark he showed Spartacus? Well his excuse to say he cut his brand off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lottery View Post
    Is that what caused the mark he showed Spartacus? Well his excuse to say he cut his brand off.
    Yup, that was the explanation for this, same as him not being clean cut shaven..

It wasnt bloodletting or anything sexual. it was a way to 'brand him' as a slave, without leaving any permanent marks visible on his arms etc

I don't want to argue about who is best gladiator, but let's face it. Gannicus carries the show Spartacus may be the protagonist and all and maybe the script writers put a line to boost his status but fact is that in any episode in first two seasons he recieved as many hits as Ganicus in the whole series. He could never beat Crixus at his prime when Gannicus did multiple times, even lately. Againt Oenomaus? Doubt if he had any chance. Plus, Gannicus killed the Egyptian...

Actually those featless guys mentioned were champions of rival houses. Gannicus never lost an arena match, heck not even in training ( crixus doesn't count, was on purpose), never begged for his life..cough..and in his very first appearance he threw his swords and punched his opponent down.

The scene against the Roman soldiers means nothing. Soldiers are not gladiators, take a good soldier today and put him against an MMA fighter. I like how Spartacus has evolved to a true warrior but If I had to make a choice for a match I would bet all my money on Gannicus.

But as I said I see him dying by Ceasar which will be huge fail.

Spartacus would've killed Egyptian aswell if the soldiers hadn't come.

Man i miss Egyptian, he was such a beast, shame Caesar isn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagseey View Post
    Spartacus would've killed Egyptian aswell if the soldiers hadn't come.

Man i miss Egyptian, he was such a beast, shame Caesar isn't like that.
    Yes spartacus would have, he easily handled the Egyptian. We also did not get to see Gannicus beginning his training like we saw Spartacus, everyone is a noob at some point. Gannicus and Spartacus were both trained by Oenomaus and were shit(in comparison to gladiators) at fighting before they got trained. Gannicus was clearly beneath Oenomaus at one point as shown in the fact Oenomaus was chosen to fight Thoekoles, not Gannicus who was in the ludis at the time as well. There is nothing one can say that clearly put Spartacus above Gannicus or vice versa. Might as well just flip a coin on who would win in a fight, I honestly think they'd both come out dieing.

I thought the Egyptian was going to be Cestus when they first introduced him and get him to switch sides. Alas, it did not happen though . He was definitely beast. I guess we still have Saxa, the female version at least.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune