Thread: PW:S Macro

  1. #1

    PW:S Macro

    Is it possible to make a macro that will when just activated will cast PW:S on my target, but if i hold down Shift or something then it will cast it on my focus target?
    *English isn't my main language*

  2. #2
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield
    /cast Power Word: Shield

    Pretty sure that'd work.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield
    /cast Power Word: Shield

    Pretty sure that'd work.
    Thank you very much
    *English isn't my main language*

  4. #4
    Field Marshal TheScorched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Land Down Under
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield
    /cast Power Word: Shield

    Pretty sure that'd work.
    replace the second '/cast' with a semicolon

    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScorched View Post
    replace the second '/cast' with a semicolon

    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus] Power Word: Shield; Power Word: Shield
    Same functionality

  6. #6
    The macro as made by Sevyvia does only work when not holding shift or holding shift + clicking the icon, not then when using shift+hotkey, can someone explain this?
    *English isn't my main language*

  7. #7
    High Overlord Raysere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by mape1992 View Post
    The macro as made by Sevyvia does only work when not holding shift or holding shift + clicking the icon, not then when using shift+hotkey, can someone explain this?
    Make sure you don't have something else bound to shift-hotkey already. Even if you don't think you do, it may be some default bind that you never use.

  8. #8
    i've always had problems with shift and a keybind esp with shift and the numberpad
    so i got used to using ctrl or alt as modifiers

  9. #9
    I just make 2 keybinds. One is a number, then the other is shift+that number with a "/cast [target=focus] spellname" macro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!


    My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

  10. #10
    Field Marshal TheScorched's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Land Down Under
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by mape1992 View Post
    The macro as made by Sevyvia does only work when not holding shift or holding shift + clicking the icon, not then when using shift+hotkey, can someone explain this?
    Shift+[Number] is set by default to scroll the active main action bar - clear these keybinds and you're set

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScorched View Post
    Shift+[Number] is set by default to scroll the active main action bar - clear these keybinds and you're set
    This worked, thank you.
    *English isn't my main language*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •