Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    If my Sha-Touched weapon will become useless in 5.2, why the hell was I doing the quests for the Black Prince in the first place.
    I assume you'll need all the previous quests in order to get whatever the final legendary is.

Well the more I bother with the "legendary" quest chain, the more I realize how completely useless the journey is. If my Sha-Touched weapon will become useless in 5.2, why the hell was I doing the quests for the Black Prince in the first place. I bet the final prize will be awesome, but in the meanwhile, spending over 30k gold on the (+500stat gems and sockets) to upgrade the weapons (LFR/Normal/Heroic) now seems like a complete and utter waste and I wouldn't have done it after the first gem, if Blizzard would come out sooner and say "hey, those weapons you have there, are only gonna be good until 5.2, where other weapons will be better".

I really expected maybe an upgrade for the said weapons or a new set of Sha-Touched thingies.
    If they came out with a new set of Sha-touched gear, wouldn't your previous Sha-touched weapon become useless anyway? Anyone who had previously equipped their legendary gem/socket would have to buy a new one.

I can somewhat understand wanting an upgrade to the current weapons instead of a replacement, though.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Um, if there isn't any new valor gear and they took out upgrading...what is the point of getting valor?
    I am wondering the same thing if they are not going to have new valor gear with the new factions and they are taking out gear upgrades then what the heck are we going to do spend our VP's on?? (Besides pvp points and or profession mats)

Quote Originally Posted by Brokeguy View Post
    LFR is horrid at best, im tired of grinding dailies every single day just to get charms that when i use in lfr just gives me more gold which isnt enough to cover the repair cost for wipes. The people in these lfr groups are some of the worst people ive seen with horrible language as well as manners. It takes me almost 7 ques to get a full clear of terrace and hof just for one toon.

Going back to play league of legends till this &*^# gets fixed. DOUBLE IP WEEKEND!!!!!
    same insipid points.

to get enough currency for the charms you need to do a piddly amount of dailies in a week. Gold is hardly an issue in an environment where we fart out thousands without much effort (if we just aim the gas the right way).

Randoms are randoms. and random people are going to be awful. Stop relying on random people and get people you know if you dont like going with random people. You dont need LFR gear to do the normal raids. i didnt.

and good luck with LoL. you're exchanging one good game with potential for asshat player encounters for another good game with potential for asshat player counters.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 01:14 PM ----------

also that is some seriously GOOD ART. emotion evoking even with the dwarf cremating the fallen draenai and i wonder what the tauren and night elf are discussing

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I assume you'll need all the previous quests in order to get whatever the final legendary is.
    I remember reading a blue post before the release of mop saying exactly that, who knows if thats still the plan now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time i read those blue posts I am amazed they can put up with so much bullshit and not lose it. They respond with a logical answer and all they get back is "hrr der don't nerf the boss because i am awesome!. The other 99% of players can go play on there farm" mentality. Why they even bother with morons like that i have no idea.

Deleted
    So, people complains about the high CC there is, they make some changes to Silences and Cyclon (which, at least this last one, was really needed) and now they go back? Sometimes i dont understand what they are doing...

Finally.About time we get rep from heroics.

LFR is horrid at best, im tired of grinding dailies every single day just to get charms that when i use in lfr just gives me more gold which isnt enough to cover the repair cost for wipes. The people in these lfr groups are some of the worst people ive seen with horrible language as well as manners. It takes me almost 7 ques to get a full clear of terrace and hof just for one toon.

Going back to play league of legends till this &*^# gets fixed. DOUBLE IP WEEKEND!!!!!
    Not going to defend LFR... there are certainly plenty of players who have bad attitudes and ignore (don't know) mechanics, but c'mon.... Almost 7 queue's to clear Terrace and HoF?! I've been doing these since the first week they were available and I've had to re-queue Terrace one time and HoF maybe a handful total. I can count total wipes in Terrace on one hand. I am not going to believe that my luck in getting LFR groups is that different from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

If they came out with a new set of Sha-touched gear, wouldn't your previous Sha-touched weapon become useless anyway? Anyone who had previously equipped their legendary gem/socket would have to buy a new one.

I can somewhat understand wanting an upgrade to the current weapons instead of a replacement, though.

You are completely right, but the legendary gems and sockets would still be viable in the future (5.2) if there was new gear that could fit them, it doesn't have to be weapons, that gem could be put anywhere and the weapon socket could be used on normal weapons. As said, it seems my effort with the legendary, apart from progress to the final reward, has been for nil now, and I could live without a +500 gem in the first place, if they don't want to give me options to use it anymore, so I could have saved the gold from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Um, if there isn't any new valor gear and they took out upgrading...what is the point of getting valor?
    There is new valor gear but it is gated behind reputation that you can only get in the new raids so a fresh lv 90 or someone who doesn't raid will be unable to buy it.

With the change to the pvp weapon enchant are warriors going to get less from it then everyone else as their 2 piece bonus on pvp gear already gives the 50% disarm reduction?

Blizzard has totally lost control of this expansion and have zero idea what they are gonna do. That just shows they went into it with no solid plan to start up with. You only need to look at core tanking systems to see the faults. They are reverting almost all changes to classes again because players whining are getting their way. And now with such huge item inflation we are always bound to see some specs dominate this expansion with BLizzard standing by doing nothing. It will get worse and worse cause its obvious that BLizzard will be forcing 5.2 out before end of March to save their face with sub numbers. They will throw whatever build is on PTR then and ignore all feedback for next 4 months from the specs that miles behind. As long as their favorite specs are ok - they dont really care.

Deleted

Thumbs down

on which realm do you play? i have done one boss twice at max. Get your facts straight

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Blizzard has totally lost control of this expansion and have zero idea what they are gonna do. That just shows they went into it with no solid plan to start up with. You only need to look at core tanking systems to see the faults. They are reverting almost all changes to classes again because players whining are getting their way. And now with such huge item inflation we are always bound to see some specs dominate this expansion with BLizzard standing by doing nothing. It will get worse and worse cause its obvious that BLizzard will be forcing 5.2 out before end of March to save their face with sub numbers. They will throw whatever build is on PTR then and ignore all feedback for next 4 months from the specs that miles behind. As long as their favorite specs are ok - they dont really care.
    Want tinfoilhat?

Watching these clowns twist everything around, trying to appease while simultaneously missing the point and just fucking things up worse, is the second funniest shit I get to read all week. The funniest shit I get to read all week is the comments about it.

I'll wait quietly in the corner with my sub turned off until the devs finish this disaster of an experiment. What's going to be funnier when they go full retard running into the wall in the opposite direction for 6.0 without any semblance of a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Want tinfoilhat?
    Nope - I unsubed already. Just gonna enjoy the show of back and forth extremes tactic of BLizzard atm. Just loving it.

Deleted
    Kind of feel sorry for the devs at this point. Angry people with no idea of how the game works or should be run are drowning out the voices of the actual playerbase..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I am wondering the same thing if they are not going to have new valor gear with the new factions and they are taking out gear upgrades then what the heck are we going to do spend our VP's on?? (Besides pvp points and or profession mats)
    There are new VP gears that you can purchase in 5.2. The only thing is, it is not gated by daily (which the Blue responded to), but rather, by reputation that are grinded through LFR/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Kind of feel sorry for the devs at this point. Angry people with no idea of how the game works or should be run are drowning out the voices of the actual playerbase..
    Pretty much this. Sad that Blizz even replies to these trolls. It's irritating to read. Like I've always said, it's easier to just play the game and ignore the garbage on their forums. Many people expect Blizzard to cater the game to their certain little lifestyle. If you want to give Blizzard feedback, fine, that's great -- but don't pick apart every little response you get from the CM's and act like they're always attacking you. If you hate the game and the CM's so much, just unsub already and stop drowning the forums in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    there are 2 new factions in 5.2
    one is the daily rep faction which gives no vp items but vanity items.
    the other is a raid faction and you gain rep by killing trash, bosses and this rep has vp items attached to it, just like the firelands faction did.