Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I like these changes. May resub when the patch drops to check it out. No valor gear behind shitty daily quests is the best. I won't touch a single fucking one.

The grind is in place merely to give you the ILLUSION that Blizzard is doing more and making more content, when they actually aren't. I don't get why people actually defend and ask for more. It's like asking for less value for you money. Would you go to sears or mcdonalds and say you wanted to pay more for less? How bout I pay 15 and you do a better job of releasing content not ask me to grind more.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    In other words, "I dont agree so it cant be true". People are expressing how they feel about the current direction, if you cant understand their motivations - fair enough but you cannot say they are wrong.
    You do not have to do dailies. Its not forced. It remains unproven that it is. You have many other ways of getting gear than dailies.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Dual specs are not just DPS and another role. Many loved to play tank and healer as far back as first dual spec was added.

I can not help you if you dont understand what Im talking about. Its called balance. If I was talking about gear then I should be delighted to see more ilvls and more gear beeing added in 5.2. Im not - cause it will just create more unbalanced gameplay all around.

Cataclysm failed because BLizzard yet again left the game without new content for over 8 months. OFC ppl started to play alts... Why should those players not be allowed to point out the unfriendly alt nature of MOP when BLizzard offered nothing else in cata than rolling alts ? Oh wait... those players must be whining now. It can't be Blizzard that failed to support their game .. not only in CATA -but also now in MOP for those players that stuck with Cata by playing alts. No way !!

Yes.. they are all just whiners that think about gear. Keep on generalizing about the WOW community. It just shows your ignorance.
    You can choose to do healer/tank if you would like. I have too. You are not forced to healer/tank. Either way, its very cheap and easy to switch to tank/dps or dps/heas anyway. Talents/glyphs are also cheap and easy to change. This is a minor inconvenience if anything. You are talking about gear. Most of your posts are regarding gear being gated, gear that you don't actually need to progress.

Its not "unfriendly" to alts, its just not as insanely, stupidly easy as Cata was.

In no way did I say everyone was whining. My originaly post was agreeing with someone that said many people are whining, not all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    ...so just respec to a dps spec and once you're done, switch back. How lazy are you? Oh wait, that's Blizzard's fault as well.
    Agreed. On my main:

Warlock- PVP spec and I switch between Demon/Aff every few days for LFR testing. Easy peasy.

Not to mention you can easily do dailies/dungeons grouped with friends.. its twice as fast that way anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 11:35 PM ----------

Blizzard's extreme is ofc part of the issue. It just goes to show they have no real plans for their game atm.
    No, its not extreme at all. Its just different than how crappy/easy/sad Cata was. You could level an alt to 85 in a few days, and be caught up with current gear by spamming those HoT "heroics". THAT is what ruined many players attitudes. THAT extreme messed things up, and now when they try going back to a "moderate" way, people pretend like they are forced to do things blah blah blah.

Cata started out as the much harder content than we saw at the end of the one before. LFR was overtuned and ppl left the game because of it. Then BLizzard added more and easier dungeons in last patch so everyone could gear up. It was a part of their plans and acting like it was players fault is just stupid.

Blizzard had to go to this extreme to get ppl back. They also had to give out free lvl 80s and give away the expansion towards the end to get ppl playing. Somehow Lemonpartyfan is here trying to blame everything on the players when the truth is all about what BLizzard has done to try to keep the title alive. I dont remember players asking for free lvl 80 character ? I dont remember the players that were playing they wanted a free copy of Cataclysm...

This is the extreme that Blizzard goes through every expansion. They woke up in middle of Cata loosing subs so they changed everything to make it easier for new players to come into the expansion. It has nothing to do with whining players. The same will probably happen this time around. They made some very poor and bad choices at start of MOP and are trying everything to change them back without looking like total losers. The best way at this point to get ppl past Golden Lotus rep would be to allow alts to use tabard. It will give players the OPTION to skip the dailies on their alts. Dailies they have ALREADY done alot of times and will not add anything in terms of story or enjoyment. Just more boredom doing them.

I read again and again from players like Lemonpartyfan that play DPS (usually single role class) that others can just respec or group up or whatever. Somehow those players seem to forget that BLizzard even removed the harder more elite bosses that made ppl group up doing dailies before cause exactly those DPS classes where whining they couldn't solo kill everything in the earlier expansions.

Telling other players what they should do when the game is optimized for your spec will not solve things. It just shows exactly how arrogant and ignorant those players are towards other players and the issues they face. Cause those players like Lemonpartyfan simply dont give a dam about others. And thats why ppl like him call other players whiners when they point things out that are perfectly valid at this stage of the expansion.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-01-28 at 10:26 AM.

Cata started out as the much harder content than we saw at the end of the one before. LFR was overtuned and ppl left the game because of it. Then BLizzard added more and easier dungeons in last patch so everyone could gear up. It was a part of their plans and acting like it was players fault is just stupid.

Blizzard had to go to this extreme to get ppl back. They also had to give out free lvl 80s and give away the expansion towards the end to get ppl playing. Somehow Lemonpartyfan is here trying to blame everything on the players when the truth is all about what BLizzard has done to try to keep the title alive. I dont remember players asking for free lvl 80 character ? I dont remember the players that were playing they wanted a free copy of Cataclysm...

This is the extreme that Blizzard goes through every expansion. They woke up in middle of Cata loosing subs so they changed everything to make it easier for new players to come into the expansion. It has nothing to do with whining players. The same will probably happen this time around. They made some very poor and bad choices at start of MOP and are trying everything to change them back without looking like total losers. The best way at this point to get ppl past Golden Lotus rep would be to allow alts to use tabard. It will give players the OPTION to skip the dailies on their alts. Dailies they have ALREADY done alot of times and will not add anything in terms of story or enjoyment. Just more boredom doing them.

I read again and again from players like Lemonpartyfan that play DPS (usually single role class) that others can just respec or group up or whatever. Somehow those players seem to forget that BLizzard even removed the harder more elite bosses that made ppl group up before cause exactly those DPS classes where whining they couldn't solo kill everything in the earlier expansions.

Telling other players what they should do when the game is optimized for your spec will not solve things. It just shows exactly how arrogant and ignorant those players are towards other players and the issues they face. Cause those players like Lemonpartyfan simply dont give a dam about others. And thats why ppl like him call other players whiners when they point things out that are perfectly valid at this stage of the expansion.
    False. My first and main class was a Paladin in Vanilla. You know, back when it was expensive and time consuming to switch specs? I tanked in BC and did dailies as a tank just fine. Yes, you have 2 specs, yes its cheap and quick to change talents/glyphs. Saying otherwise is lying and makes you delusional to reality. You are just too stubborn and lazy to do it. My "main" changed in MoP when they did the awesome Lock overhaul. He is currently my most used character, and yes, I often switch specs on him regardless of having all DPS roles.

The Cata starter zones weren't harder. This is what you overlook. The extreme change happened in LK. You could just easily AOE and afk through dungeons. LFD was the real problem. You didn't have to try anymore. Didn't have to be polite or try hard. If they playerbase weren't filled with people that abused the system, it wouldn't have been terrible after that. So then they enter Cata, and need to use CC (HAHA WHATS THAT) and complain. So they end up making it easier and easier. By the time MoP comes out, the player base is used to just strolling through content getting effortless levels and gear.

ARROGANT? WHAT ABOUT YOU? YOU are the one claiming you know better game design than everyone else including Blizzard. THAT is arrogance. How am I arrogant for explaining to you why you shouldn't use tank spec for everything? Again, you were mentioning "social aspect of this game" yet you refuse to easily group for dailies? When I was doing them, I would just randomly ask in general "Hey, who wants to group for Golden Lotus?" Guess what? People responded, things were quicker and I made friends. Too bad you are simply whining. 'I CANT DO BRAWLERS IN TANK SPEC" Is just whining. Its not a legit argument.

Deleted
    Man, i can't wait to start doing rep by running heroic dungeons and scenarios

I read again and again from players like Lemonpartyfan that play DPS (usually single role class) that others can just respec or group up or whatever. Somehow those players seem to forget that BLizzard even removed the harder more elite bosses that made ppl group up doing dailies before cause exactly those DPS classes where whining they couldn't solo kill everything in the earlier expansions.

Dude where the hell are you talking about. When I do daillies on my DK I actually go into blood spec and pull a shit ton of mobs and get it done as quickly as DPS. On my main I have dual healing spec, yet I did my daillies without complaining cause healing gave me other benefits like way faster LFR's and LFD's. If we went back to TBC without dual spec, healers having a really really bad time doing daily quests or any other quests for that matter. With the introduction of cata and now with mop every spec has a good time doing their stuff. The overal game is actually quite good balanced for each role(besides the optional brawler's guild) You simply got spoiled with Cata. I am glad tabards got removed cause they gave me the same feeling as daillies do now for alot of other people.

Just reading your posts in the topic make me think that you just want your easy gear. Just look at TBC if you wanted a good piece of BoJ gear back then for example the cloth chest introduced at patch 2.4 you needed 100 BoJ. Each HC boss droped 1 BoJ and the daily gave 2 BoJ. The average run of SP took around 30 mins meaning 10 mins for each BoJ. This ends up spending 16 hours and 40 mins on getting 1 piece(not including the HC lockout and the time to get a group) In MoP doing the golden lotus daillies takes max 30 mins for a soloing healer. Taking max 10 hours to get revered with them. You unlock a few VP pieces with it. But doing those daillies also got you a decent amount VP wich you can almost use to buy the cheapest VP item of that faction just by doing those daillies. Then you run a few HC'S that take 15 mins each(excluding shado pan)and they don't have a lockout if you use the LFD so you can keep running them all day. So after doing all the daillies for each faction untill revered. You will have around 4000 vp to spend and spend max 40 hours(this really is the max unless you're bad or get ganked on pvp servers)You are able to buy 2 pieces already that took less time in TBC to get but then we didn't have the LFD tool back then. As soon as you start farming HC's for VP you will spend less time getting good gear then you did in TBC for the same kind of gear. And TBC was the expansion with the most growth and alot of players wanna go back to.

Cata spoiled people. There was no real time or effort needed to get decent gear. The 1st step down was in WotLK that had easy hc's and later into that expansion complete tiers for emblems instead of drops in raids. At the end of Cata people simply forgot how it felt to obtain a new piece of gear. Now blizzard tries to experiement with loot not handed on a plate and them spoiled people go whine. Cause of those whiners it seems that blizzard doesn't know what direction they have to go. Being a company wanted to make as much profit as possible and all that crap. They want a perfect balance and they try to achieve this by somewhat listening to their costumers. But as we know by know people will keep on complain till the game kills itselve

And you sir are 1 of those people supporting the dead of WoW by thinking you know btr then Blizzard eventhough you're biased and basicly only care about what the game is for yourselve.

I've in no way tried to become a designer here. I have dared to say that it should not all be about gear. And no - thats not arrogant. Thats what a good game should have.

Quality vs Quantity. I think the main point that most of ppl are making about daily quests is that its not quality - its just quantity over and over and over again. And since most of the gear is hidden behind those dailies - ppl are not given any real options on how to progress their character - ofc other than not progress at all and quit.

There will always be ppl on these forums that can't handle critic on WOW. Everyone that dares to do so is a moron or wants WOW dead. Im getting used to those ppl. They are the least constructive ppl on every Forum. Cause all they do is to attack others that have different opinions. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions. That doesn't make them any worse or better than anyone else.

The best thing is that now BLizzard is giving ppl real options about rep grind. They are listening to the whiners that just want more gear right ? No - they are actually listening to very constructive posts from players that dare to make points about things that could be better in the game. But those are the same ppl that are called whiners on these forums.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-01-28 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeek1337 View Post
    now they come with rep from heroics when i got every mop rep to exalted?

this is why i left 1 faction, so i can make some use out of the change