Main problems with Ret atm:
- Low sustained damage
- Too high burst damage (cooldown stacking)
- Low selfhealing
- Low survivability outside of a dispellable 5min cd
One of the main problems with Ret arenas atm, is that is incredibly easy to force a Ret to play defensive and that when theyre doing so, theyre basically useless as they are forced to use every HP on very weak healing, vastly reducing their damage output.
I propose that the current class design is changed to that of a true holy crusader.
- Hammer of wrath is no-longer activated by Wings
- Hammer of wrath is now a 3 point finisher which deals 85% of the damage of TV but also heals for 5% of the paladins max Health
- When the enemy is at 30% Hammer of wrath becomes an execute. Dealing 85% of TV damage, generating 1 HP, healing for 5% of Paladins max Health + 60% crit chance. 5 secondCD.
This will allow the paladin to remain offensive while healing and outputting damage. Also keeps Hammer as an execute with the 60% crit chance.
- Divine protection is now usable while stunned for all paladins. It also now reduces ALL damage by 40% (Ret only)
- When Divine shield is dispelled, Divine protection can be cast regardless of its current cd and will not invoke a cooldown. (Ret only)
- Unbreakable Spirit now reduces the CD of Divine protection by up to 10 seconds
Holy paladins are the only healer that, when stunned, have 0 healing output. This will not only stop holy being instagibbed in one deep/shockwave, but all paladins. It also gives Ret a much needed survivability boost.
- Wings reduced to 15% increased damage. 90 second CD. Lasts 15 seconds
- Holy avenger baseline. When used the next 3 moves which would consume HP are free and deal 30% more damage as Holy. 1min CD (Ret only)
- GoTAK STR bonus removed. Now transforms the paladin into a Holy crusader (same skin as GoTAK pet) Auto attacks now cause x% more damage as holy damage. (same damage as current GoTAK melee swings) 1 min cd, lasts 20 seconds
- Divine purpose now baseline.
- Level 75 talents replaced.
All of these changes will move ret away from only being useful every 3-5mins, to useful all the time as sustained damage will be increased while burst is nerfed.
- Censure duration reduced to 15 seconds.
- *New ability* Spread the Light - Your next judgement causes your current censure stack to spread to all targets within 10 yards.
- Censure damage buffed by x% if PvE dps is lacking after previous changes.
This should help with spread pressure and make Ret more viable in RBGs
If anyone else has any ideas, leave a response!