Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Gearing for raids - is this how is it supposed to be?

So i dinged my character to 90 while ago, and got my gear to ilvl of 463. No big issues so far but now it seems that i have encountered weird progression block.

There are this dailies that grant valor points, and those factions are required to be revered to buy epic items for valor points. The problem is, that first of all there is 1000 weekly maximum of valor points and one items price is alot more so i need atleast two weeks of valor points to buy one item. There are many item slots that need to be filled, so that makes for several thousands of valor points which means many many weeks of valors, many months + getting faction reputations takes its own time.

I dont understand this, is this really how this works? But how did people started to raid pretty fast when mop came?

Deleted
    'Cause they didn't need to be in full epic gear to raid msv normal. And you also have crafted epics, and lfr msv now to continue gearing your character.

Deleted
    We started raiding with 455-465 ilvl.

As for other stuff now there is more and more craftable gear (both rep patterns and now blood spirit). With 5.2 all the old VP item costs drop also, so catching it just gets easier and easier.

The Sha of Anger gives a Q item for Epic boots!
    Last edited by mmocb2e144e77d; 2013-01-26 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    So i dinged my character to 90 while ago, and got my gear to ilvl of 463. No big issues so far but now it seems that i have encountered weird progression block.

There are this dailies that grant valor points, and those factions are required to be revered to buy epic items for valor points. The problem is, that first of all there is 1000 weekly maximum of valor points and one items price is alot more so i need atleast two weeks of valor points to buy one item. There are many item slots that need to be filled, so that makes for several thousands of valor points which means many many weeks of valors, many months + getting faction reputations takes its own time.

I dont understand this, is this really how this works? But how did people started to raid pretty fast when mop came?
    Is this your first expansion of WoW? You don't need to be fully epic'ed out to start raiding.

They started raiding inn Ilvl 460. Was no different from other exspansions. Just that WOTLK raids on launch was undertuned heavly, so they were done much easiere, before people even had there first propor epics.

Basicly; Its gated gearing you are facing now to make you log inn every week/day. Its a great business model Blizzard come up with. NOW that system was inn the game inn other exspansions to, its just that MOP made this model 100% your only choice.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Klaxxi ring and golden lotus neck from exalted, sha loots, lfr, boes...
    If you want to get into raiding apply to a guild that looks for people like you, trying to pug your way trough content is futile.
    Last edited by mmoc8f5a01ccf8; 2013-01-26 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Problem is that every raiding guild requires atleast 470 ilvl and that needs many item upgrades that are available only from valors.

I think you are forgetting looking for raid. Get your elder charms and go do the raid finder each week and you will be 470+ in a week or 2 max.

Problem is that every raiding guild requires atleast 470 ilvl and that needs many item upgrades that are available only from valors.
    My shaman is at 480 ilvl and hasn't done a single daily quest.

u can get 460~ from heroic dungeons and then LFR.

also if u have some G, the auction house is an option.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    My shaman is at 480 ilvl and hasn't done a single daily quest.
    What raiding guild would want a person that doesn't do dailies?

Deleted
    Hmm, so i am now in 463, with few days of justise farming i could raise it to 465 atleast with justise upgrades maybe, and then if i have lucky charms i guess its possible to get 467 or 468 with few epic drops. Auction house is not an option since i have only 3k gold and no professions because of no money.

Unless i get lucky and i get in good guild that both accepts people with no ilvl or raid experience and actually raids instead of failing at first boss of first tier raid, i need many weeks to hit 470 and even then chances to get in guild with that ilvl is not good.

This is somewhat disheartening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, so i am now in 463, with few days of justise farming i could raise it to 465 atleast with justise upgrades maybe, and then if i have lucky charms i guess its possible to get 467 or 468 with few epic drops. Auction house is not an option since i have only 3k gold and no professions because of no money.

Unless i get lucky and i get in good guild that both accepts people with no ilvl or raid experience and actually raids instead of failing at first boss of first tier raid, i need many weeks to hit 470 and even then chances to get in guild with that ilvl is not good.

Well No Profession? BAD. Money is not an excuse.
    No Gear can be fixed in time, so can lack of experience.
    Ofc you shouldn't expect to get in a Guild that has everything on farm.

It's not intended for you to jump in this late and catch up instantly. Wait for catch up till 5.2.

Deleted
    All i want is guild that raids the beginning tiers of this expansion and is active, but apparently this is too much to be asked. I have not saw any guilds like that recruiting atleast, instead i have seen lots of guilds doing far progress already and requiring lots of experience and ilvls.

How does 5.2 help people like me?
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-01-26 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor cost down to 50%. Faster catchup regarding item level.

Deleted
    Maybe you should apply to guilds, who are starting MSV normal instead of thinking better raiding guilds would want you. And you can EASILY get 470 within the first reset. Its just gonna cost alot of hours doing dungeons, dailies, proffessions, farming etc. Thats what everyone else did and alot of us still ended up struggling with the first normal bosses the first many weeks. Why should you get an easy shortcut?

Theres another way to easily obtain a ilvl 483 item within 30 mins, that nobody mentioned, but a person that hits 90 and starts crying over no guilds within 1 week without doing any effort, deserves to figure that out himself.

All i want is guild that raids the beginning tiers of this expansion and is active, but apparently this is too much to be asked. I have not saw any guilds like that recruiting atleast, instead i have seen lots of guilds doing far progress already and requiring lots of experience and ilvls.

How does 5.2 help people like me?
    5.0 LFR drop chance "greatly" increased.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted

Why would a guild that is progressing in HoF, ToES or HC raids be looking for a player that isn't ready to join them in that content? That's not unfair, that's just logical. Your best shot is to look for guilds that are looking to start raiding or that have just started MSV and are looking for more. If you're even on a semi-populated server, there will be guilds like that. Browse the server forums, ask in chat, make a post etc...

463ilvl is perfectly fine to start MSV. Nothing magical happens at 470ilvl (you get to do LFR HOF and ToES, but that is decidedly not magical...), but if that number is somehow important to you just run LFR MSV. With 9 rolls per week, you'd get to 470 in one week, 2 weeks tops.

Deleted
    I am not looking for easy shortcuts or crying, I just foresaw couple issues that were related with valor points and was thinking that i dont think that is way to play this out. And like i said, all i want is guild starting raiding progress but still has people who sign up for raids and do the raids instead of cancelling them always.

But yeah, i probably need to just hit 470 and hope i see some starting guild recruiting.

I am not looking for easy shortcuts or crying, I just foresaw couple issues that were related with valor points and was thinking that i dont think that is way to play this out. And like i said, all i want is guild starting raiding progress but still has people who sign up for raids and do the raids instead of cancelling them always.

But yeah, i probably need to just hit 470 and hope i see some starting guild recruiting.
    If you just dinged 90 than you shouldn't be expecting to raid anytime soon anyway. You aren't expected to jump into a raiding guild the second you ding. The problem you may face is that their ARE people willing to gear up and those people would probably be chosen first.

Reputation, as mentioned in other posts is completely unnecessary so just continue with LFR and (unless the server is dead) find a group or guild that's running MSV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Actually i kinda expect to raid very soon, because after my justise point upgrades there is no further reason to stick with 5mans anymore.

I will just do weekly lfr and wait till i see recruiment from starting guild. But someone here mentioned 30 minutes way to ilvl483 items, but thats probably trolling, unless he meant somekind of paid boost from hc guilds or something like that.