10+ Year Old Account

Lowest Gear score to raid.

Title says it all done with pvp for the season and kinda wanna raid now. My pve set is 472 is this enough to start raiding 10 mans?

If you have a decent 10m group they can easily carry you through all normal modes, MSV heroics, and probably some HoF heroics no problem at this point.

If you wanna pull your own weight then 472 is enough for normal modes, you'll be gearing up fast at this point anyway.

People always make weird demands though. I see some demanding ilvl 485+ for MSV normal, which is just absurd, so you may have a hard time finding someone who'll take you, if they don't know you, unless you hit 480+ (which isn't too hard with LFR and crafted items, honestly).
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted items cost goldz my man

what kind of pvp gear you have? with both stats on it it now pvp gear shouldn't be that bad or?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately most of the people puggin MSV and HOF have never cleared it and as such, require absurd ilvl people to carry THEM. As long as you actually know the fights and are competent with your class, ilvl is practically a non issue, of course walking in with full greens would be a challenge. You shouldn't have any issues finding an MSV group with 472 though, people fail to realise we were clearing MSV in the first week with 460 =/- ilvl........

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Title says it all done with pvp for the season and kinda wanna raid now. My pve set is 472 is this enough to start raiding 10 mans?
    Yes your gear is high enough to do decently in Tier 14. Whether or not people will invite you because of your relatively low item level (think ICC 25 runs requiring ICC 25 gear to get invited) is another issue.

Deleted
    MSV is doable in blue ilvl463 gear (and even below that if your unlucky), though it will ofcourse be easier if you already got some VP 489 or crafted 476 (496) gear.
    and ilvl472 pvp gear will also do the job just fine.

Deleted
    you can raid right after you ding 90
    get some pvp gear, buy some ah gear and greed on anything that drops in dungeons (even if you cant wear it like mail and cloth)
    and there you go
    its a horrible system
    having said that, why you considering 10 man normals?
    you can get almost the same gear with almost same lvl of dificulty but way more hassle and boredom in both lfr 25 and 10 mans
    If you wanna do something, go for heroic modes

15+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode raiding is tuned around a 463 item level. At 472, you'll be in decent shape. I'd just recommend reading the dungeon journal before heading in, so you'll be good to go.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends, but dont forget the vast majority of guilds started raiding with at most 460 ilvl. our first pulls had some people in as low as 450 gear (wouldnt reccomend that at all though ;p) yeah 472 is more than good enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Also is 50k dps a good number?

Deleted
    Unbuffed? Buffed? Single target? I'd say that 50k on a dummy is okayish with your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats around what i do in 5man heroics as windwalker, decent?

Just use your 483-491 ilvl pvp gear. I mean your upgraded pieces in general will be better than anything in MSV normal and if you've been pvping this season you should have a full set of at least 483 by now. Exceptions to this are trinkets, weapons, and potentially head (pve socket bonus is a bunch of primary stats, pvp socket bonus is useless in pve). That should get you to 480 at least.

Like others have said, the real question isn't whether or not your gear is good enough, but whether or not you can get people to give you a shot.

50k sustained over the entire instance doesn't sound too bad, definitely low if you are talking 5 man heroic boss dps. Pretty sure our monk when we tried challenge modes the other day with a not really optimal comp was doing 65k+ sustained overall dps though (granted with consumables but gear gets knocked down to 463).

Deleted
    50k dps is atrocious in hcs with the lfg buff (keep this one in mind) assuming that your tank isn't taking the mobs one by one (and even then it's not very good). I'm usually pulling 70-80k overall as disc during our instance runs and that's with me having to throw around shields/some "real" heals due to my tanking pulling very quickly (hell, I'm doing about 70k on my blood dk in challenge modes).

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    50k dps is atrocious in hcs with the lfg buff (keep this one in mind)
    Ugh yeah, forgot about that as I usually don't solo queue heroics, usually have people run them for vp after raids. 50k dps with that is definitely really low.

You'd assume 472 was good enough but it's all about the player. I see people in 488 plus that just plain suck all the time.

If you know what you are doing, 455 is enough, if you don't, then no gear is going to carry you through, and you should read up and/or watch videos OF YOUR ROLE before entering.

Heck, if you know what you are doing, 472 is almost overgearing MSV Normal mode.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

we raided MV week one with 460ish ilevels. full epic pvp gear is overkill for normal modes

We killed the first 4 bosses on normal in full blues and the rare crafted epic. However, that was week 2 of the expansion, pugs expect you to be 500 ilvl now apparentely, which is stupid, but unfortunately also reality.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476