Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    What's ironic is that most of the reps you listed ALSO WERE OBTAINABLE IN DUNGEONS and didn't require me to do a single fucking daily quest.
    Correct, they were RAID Reputations, aside from Timbermaw Hold, which only required to kill an army of mobs, literally... with some 8 -10 rep pts per kill. Hence why I listed them.. For the very reason to show that reputation gain for rewards was never any easier as it is today..
    Silly dailies require incomparable less effort than reputation you gained extremely slow through raids. What those Factions yield on Rep today isn't anywhere near what they used to yield. Almost all reputation gains for old factions have been buffed to death..

What's ironic is that most of the reps you listed ALSO WERE OBTAINABLE IN DUNGEONS and didn't require me to do a single fucking daily quest. In fact daily quests didn't even exist at that point. Why do people keep glossing over the fact that DOUBLE DIPPING EXISTED EVEN IN FUCKING VANILLA. I would run dungeons for gear and get turn ins at the same time..

This isn't 2006 anymore and if you think the grind model will somehow cure what ails wow then your ignorant. I mean at one point the model for wow may have been fresh but adding more grind isn't what the game needs, in fact it's more likely to turn people off I feel. They need something fresh, they don't need to listen to forum clowns tell them about how good it was back in they day and how Blizzard should make every regressive fucking decision they possible can in order to return the game to some archaic notion of the past that is only really half remembered. Christ even TBC was less of a grind then this. They nerfed keys to honored and I was doing the dungeons anyway for gear. Hell the dungeons GUARANTEED A PIECE OF GEAR AT THE BLOODY END OF THE FUCKING DUNGEON. MoP dungeons offer less. Until 5.2 now that the developers got their heads out of their asses and ignored clowns on forums who supported. I guess you can't hide behind forum defenders for so long.
    False.....
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Also, reputations have always been very important in this game. Dailies/repeatable quests have been important since vanilla as well. if you weren't around back then, I will excuse your ignorance.
    Yup repeatable quests are in the game since vanilla..
    Silithus - turn in bug parts....
    Argent Dawn - multiple different item turn ins repeatable
    Main Factions - Quartermaster cloth turn ins repeatable
    Oh, and Tailors were able to turn cloth in with Timbermaw Hold too.
    Thorium Brotherhood also has repeatable quests

with the rep badges gaining rep is fine now. the most painful one was easily the golden lotus.. but after 3 years u can finally reach revered and then gain a 100% rep buff for them permanently.. the rest of them werent that bad. i understand how you wouldnt like doing dailys.. but what else is there to do when u login and are waiting for the dungeon Q as a dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Correct, they were RAID Reputations, aside from Timbermaw Hold, which only required to kill an army of mobs, literally... with some 8 -10 rep pts per kill. Hence why I listed them.. For the very reason to show that reputation gain for rewards was never any easier as it is today..
    Silly dailies require incomparable less effort than reputation you gained extremely slow through raids. What those Factions yield on Rep today isn't anywhere near what they used to yield. Almost all reputation gains for old factions have been buffed to death..
    Argent Dawn was not a raid reputation. Or not exclusively. You could get rep out of them from DUNGEONS. 5 mans. Neither was thorium brotherhood. You could get that out of dungeon turn ins as well. NOT FUCKING DAILY QUESTS.
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:01 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    False.....
    Actually no it's not. The last boss in tbc heroic dungeons guaranteed an epic.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-02 at 07:02 AM.

Yup repeatable quests are in the game since vanilla..
    Silithus - turn in bug parts....
    Argent Dawn - multiple different item turn ins repeatable
    Main Factions - Quartermaster cloth turn ins repeatable
    Oh, and Tailors were able to turn cloth in with Timbermaw Hold too.
    Thorium Brotherhood also has repeatable quests
    yeah I don't understand the fuss. With the huge amounts of rep, gold, valor, and eventually easy to get rewards at the end, dailies are a great deal. Somehow, people were totally happy grinding those reps with friends/guildies back in the day though. It really is just the attitude of the masses now. Its so gear centric. They are obsessed with it, and not getting it, or things that slow them from getting it piss them off. I was always pumped to get gear in vanilla, as it meant I could help my group and friends and guildies more, but damn, I never raged THIS hard about it. (Except maybe trying to get those Lightforge Boots)
    When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.

yeah I don't understand the fuss. With the huge amounts of rep, gold, valor, and eventually easy to get rewards at the end, dailies are a great deal. Somehow, people were totally happy grinding those reps with friends/guildies back in the day though. It really is just the attitude of the masses now. Its so gear centric. They are obsessed with it, and not getting it, or things that slow them from getting it piss them off. I was always pumped to get gear in vanilla, as it meant I could help my group and friends and guildies more, but damn, I never raged THIS hard about it. (Except maybe trying to get those Lightforge Boots)
    Because the reputations are no longer tied to an activity people would be doing anyway. Even in VANILLA I would be running dungeons and getting turn ins for rep. Hence in 5.2 DOUBLE DIPPING IS BACK albeit in limited capacity. It's baby steps. The developers have to completely pull their heads out of their asses. Furthermore the masses are gear centric? Not only is that a tacit acknowledgement that the gear itself in the dailies acts as a massive compulsion it also a acknowledgment that if the gear wasn't behind the fucking dailies NOBODY WOULD DO THEM and thus it has to be behind the dailies to get people to do them. Dailies were ALWAYS A THING TO DO in the past but never had this much gear or reward behind them.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-02 at 07:06 AM.

Argent Dawn was not a raid reputation. Or not exclusively. You could get rep out of them from DUNGEONS. 5 mans. Neither was thorium brotherhood. You could get that out of dungeon turn ins as well. NOT FUCKING DAILY QUESTS.
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:01 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Actually no it's not. The last boss in tbc heroic dungeons guaranteed an epic.
    You said it guaranteed you a piece of gear, which is false.

You could get AD rep from Dungeons up to Honored I think, then it was only quests/repeatables after that. TB was the same, raid and dungeon or quests or repeatables. You are aware that dailies are repeatable with a daily limit, right?

I don't know about you guys, but I already finished my "chores" like rep grinding and professions. The biggest chore now is to max out VP every week for upgrades since I don't need the VP gear anymore. I don't want to run these dungeons and I don't want to do dailies since there are no additional bonuses besides the VP.

Nothing can hold me back!

Because the reputations are no longer tied to an activity people would be doing anyway. Even in VANILLA I would be running dungeons and getting turn ins for rep. Hence in 5.2 DOUBLE DIPPING IS BACK albeit in limited capacity. It's baby steps. The developers have to completely pull their heads out of their asses.
    Most of the turn-ins stopped at a lower tiered reputation. Regardless, its still grinding for repeatables, except X1000. You can get to exalted very quickly now. Even the eggs gathering in this xpac is streamlines for faster egg spawn rates with higher rep rewards.

You said it guaranteed you a piece of gear, which is false.

You could get AD rep from Dungeons up to Honored I think, then it was only quests/repeatables after that. TB was the same, raid and dungeon or quests or repeatables. You are aware that dailies are repeatable with a daily limit, right?
    Dailies didn't exist in vanilla. Tbc had turn ins but those were items that you also got from... DUNGEONS. Every single fucking rep you could farm in dungeons if you so chose. Including vanilla reps with the exception of the furlbogs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:09 AM ----------

Most of the turn-ins stopped at a lower tiered reputation. Regardless, its still grinding for repeatables, except X1000. You can get to exalted very quickly now. Even the eggs gathering in this xpac is streamlines for faster egg spawn rates with higher rep rewards.
    Which you could either totally BUY circumventing much of the grind OR GET FROM DUNGEONS. In NO WAY WAS I ASKED TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO DO SHIT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. See that's what you don't fucking get. You acknowledge that the gear centric masses have a problem with dailies but can't seem to see the fact that the gear is put behind those dailies to get those same masses to do the fucking dailies. See you people and Blizzard as much as you try and hide behind it can't get around the fact that people of course feel compelled to do it because the gear is there to make you feel compelled to do it. The "gear centric masses" only follow one thing so of course the dailies have to have one thing behind them to get them to do it. Just like the mouse and the cheese.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-02 at 07:10 AM.

Dailies didn't exist in vanilla. Tbc had turn ins but those were items that you also got from... DUNGEONS. Every single fucking rep you could farm in dungeons if you so chose. Including vanilla reps with the exception of the furlbogs.
    I said Vanilla had repreatables lol, don't try to give me a history lesson hahaahaha.

No, not every BC faction had turn in quests. Some were dailies, some were turn ins.

Why were dailies never content before? You had a wealth of dailies to occupy your time in cataclysm. A WEALTH. The list of dailies is long as my arm. Are you exalted with every daily faction in the game? Of course not because NONE OF YOU DID IT WITHOUT THE FUCKING GEAR. So now the gear has to be put in place SO THAT YOU FEEL COMPELLED TO DO IT. If you did the dailies without the gear all those years you'd never need the compulsion now.
    Dailies, not repeatable quest, those exist since vanilla. Dailies are in the game since TBC, and for myself, yes I am exalted with all daily factions, as well as with every toon I maintain and progress on max level. My main is exalted with 66 factions, revered with 68 and honored with 69.

The game is a grind from level 1 at day 1 on.. Pick up quest, go collect or kill or both, go back turn in, pick up next. That's the concept from the very first day on.
    If one dislikes that concept, I have to ask, why in Gods name do you keep playing the game at all? If I don't like this mechanic, I'd quit long before I would have reached max level with only one toon, let alone an army of toons.
    No one forced us in any way, shape or form to create mass amounts of alts. Therefore no one can be blamed if we get overwhelmed with picking them back up, level and progress them through the known grind again, every time a new expansion comes out.

I said Vanilla had repreatables lol, don't try to give me a history lesson hahaahaha.

No, not every BC faction had turn in quests. Some were dailies, some were turn ins.
    None of them had gear behind them, or reward that was significant enough like 5.0 dailies. I didn't touch ogrila or shatari skyguard for example. Didn't care. They didn't have any progression related stuff behind them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:12 AM ----------

Dailies, not repeatable quest, those exist since vanilla. Dailies are in the game since TBC, and for myself, yes I am exalted with all daily factions, as well as with every toon I maintain and progress on max level. My main is exalted with 66 factions, revered with 68 and honored with 69.

The game is a grind from level 1 at day 1 on.. Pick up quest, go collect or kill or both, go back turn in, pick up next. That's the concept from the very first day on.
    If one dislikes that concept, I have to ask, why in Gods name do you keep playing the game at all? If I don't like this mechanic, I'd quit long before I would have reached max level with only one toon, let alone an army of toons.
    No one forced us in any way, shape or form to create mass amounts of alts. Therefore no one can be blamed if we get overwhelmed with picking them back up, level and progress them through the known grind again, every time a new expansion comes out.
    The game may have been a grind in vanilla but the history of the game and it's success has been making the grind less and less painful. It has never as far as I'm aware ever went backwards in this. In fact the entire history of the games success has been about making the game progressively more and more friendly. Even in TBC really.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:09 AM ----------

Which you could either totally BUY circumventing much of the grind OR GET FROM DUNGEONS. In NO WAY WAS I ASKED TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO DO SHIT I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE. See that's what you don't fucking get. You acknowledge that the gear centric masses have a problem with dailies but can't seem to see the fact that the gear is put behind those dailies to get those same masses to do the fucking dailies. See you people and Blizzard as much as you try and hide behind it can't get around the fact that people of course feel compelled to do it because the gear is there to make you feel compelled to do it. The "gear centric masses" only follow one thing so of course the dailies have to have one thing behind them to get them to do it. Just like the mouse and the cheese.
    I acknowledge that you have a personal sickness that you should address. Addiction is a serious problem. You could only buy 1 turn in. So thats another false statement. If you really think you have less options now than you did in BC, I am going to say you didn't play during BC man.

No. No one is forcing you to do dailies. If you want the optional rewards dailies give, then you can do them. Scream, raging, and cursing at me isn't an argument. I'm sorry you have the mind/willpower/confidence of a common lab mouse, but many do not. If you do, you need to see a doctor.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:16 AM ----------

None of them had gear behind them, or reward that was significant enough like 5.0 dailies. I didn't touch ogrila or shatari skyguard for example. Didn't care. They didn't have any progression related stuff behind them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:12 AM ----------

if you think reps in BC didn't have loot waiting at the end of them, I will again question your credentials.

I acknowledge that you have a personal sickness that you should address. Addiction is a serious problem. You could only buy 1 turn in. So thats another false statement. If you really think you have less options now than you did in BC, I am going to say you didn't play during BC man.

No. No one is forcing you to do dailies. If you want the optional rewards dailies give, then you can do them. Scream, raging, and cursing at me isn't an argument. I'm sorry you have the mind/willpower/confidence of a common lab mouse, but many do not. If you do, you need to see a doctor.
    I played during BC but I never said anything about options. I said rep was tied to an activity I liked doing it anyway.

You people want to keep hiding behind the literal definition of the word forced, that's why I'm not using it. I said you were COMPELLED by the gear and that was the exact reason the gear was put behind it. To compel, motivate, lure whatever it takes to get you to do the fucking dailies because so few of you did them in the past. If they were something to do in the past they wouldn't need more reward behind them. Clearly Blizzard wants to compel more people to do them. I'm not sure how you and them can then turn aruond and say hey man don't feel compelled to do them when they are clearly designed to be compelling in this fashion.

Only the SSO, Ogrela, netherdrake and the skyguard was Dailies for rep.

SSO was the only one who had gear
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-02 at 07:19 AM.

if you think reps in BC didn't have loot waiting at the end of them, I will again question your credentials.
    The reps I got from dungeons had the gear. Not the reps from dailies. YOu keep moving the goal post.

Dude.... I say that only once now...
    Either tame your temper and drop your insulting language or I will definitely report your out of line comments....
    To the topic, re-read what we telling you. We both have clearly separated Reputable quests and Dailies. We provided the timelines for it multiple times, you don't have to correct us on stuff we've already said before.
    And to AD. true. you could get items from 5 mans... But those 5 mans weren't exactly walk in the park kinda deals. They required hours to run, unlike the 15 minute blast throughs of today's 5 mans. And in case of Stratholm, that was even a raid at some point and changed to 5 mans.
    The point stands... Grind back throughout WoW's history was incomparable harder, and a lot more time consuming. And yet almost all the factions yielded gear or items that helped crafting gear, or make it better.
    Thorium Brotherhood stops with out of Raid progression at some point.... Then the only way to raise it was/is either the super rare hearts of the mountain from mining, or the cores which are dropping in Molten Core...

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Only the SSO, Ogrela, netherdrake and the skyguard was Dailies for rep.

SSO was the only one who had gear
    SSO, Ggrila, and Skyguard all had gear. Hellfire had repeatables for rep as well, and I think a few others.