Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bolverick View Post
    As for everyone else thank you for your replies, and I still have literall found no use for my valor, unless I grind the rep. But thats ok, im sure I;ll figure something out.
    Item upgrades?

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    I wouldn´t mind it as much - if it wasn´t because that I had to repeat it all over with other characters to gain access to the same items. Problem is there are no other options to gaining rep with the factions, and same there are no other means of spending the vp you get (or minor coins for that matter). Wouldn´t be a big deal to me IF I could do alts by tabard fx.

    Also for that matter if you aren´t raiding, and don´t like the daylies (or are done with them) there isn´t a whole lot left in the game to do. Compared to fx. the tbc daylies - yes only one area - you could actually advance something by doing them. From what I recall that is what they said about the krasaran daylies too and I was excited to do them then, but apparently that wasn´t the case except for the quest line.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Item upgrades?
    Being removed next patch.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  3. #43
    Minus, it slows character progression down.
    Big plus, it slows character progression down to prevent boredom and makes the world relevant again.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Item upgrades?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Being removed next patch.
    But they're there this patch, right now - which is where the guy he's quoting is claiming to be having trouble finding a way to spend them, unless he's got a time machine running.

    Next patch has rep gained from a raid, including LFR.

    There's zero excuse to be having trouble spending VP, and that's without going into the fact that it takes klaxxi less than a week to get up to revered, at which point it would take over a month of VP capping to buy everything they offer.

  5. #45
    No one's FORCING you to do anything.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by bolverick View Post
    I would like to make a point to you Broloth, I'm nice, I try to thank everyone who replies, and the reason I do is because most of the things they say is helpful or provides insite into the topic. I know im not a mod and I know maybe I shouldn't say this ut it always bugs me when people start un necessary arguments. I know i said that they are forced, but I further asked for a way around them. I wasn't trying to prove they were forced I was asking peoples opinions on what they think of the progress. Maybe, if you said something like " I don't believe they're forced, because you can do this this and this and that will do the same thing." As for everyone else thank you for your replies, and I still have literall found no use for my valor, unless I grind the rep. But thats ok, im sure I;ll figure something out. Again, Broloth im not trying to flame or antagonize you, its just an example of something that grinds my gears.
    Fair enough, however you have to understand that they're NOT forced, everything you can get from Dailies you can get from raiding, dungeons, and LFR. There is absolutely no reason to ever do any of the dailies the game has to offer if your end goal is to get epic gear.

    If you want the sweet mounts they offer, you'll have to grind the rep. You're not forced to get those mounts in order to play, you're not forced to get exalted with the reps in order to raid.

    BC? Those reps were forced, and you had to GRIND them. You COULDN'T raid TK or SSC until you got several reps to at least revered. MoP? There is no forced rep grind. The only things the reps reward are shitty epics you can get if your luck is bad and vanity things like mounts.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  7. #47
    The Patient Arthrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    236
    Haven't done dailies in month. Still 494. Mad?


    T: Stop fucking crying. Dailies ain't necessary to get gear. Just pug MSV normal or HoF normal... And don't start taht "But i r no harcore playr lol-. i don't raid lol." IT TAKES THREE HOURS FFS! Dedicate three hours of your life a week to get good gear in a game or don't. Either way. Stop fucking crying.
    Happiness!

    {◕ ◡ ◕}

  8. #48
    Definitely a huge minus, it keeps my want to level this Warlock very low. I have no hurry at all to rush this, third character, to 90 as I know I'm forced to grind reputations (in a way or another, not necessary crying out loud after "being forced to do" dailies). Yeah, it just makes me sad to play the game. In Cataclysm, I never felt like I had to grind reputations, I was offered the chance to do them (for example Molten Front), but those reputations were never required for anything, just an additional bonus if you're willing to spend the time (I'm not, as I rather play any other game than grind anything in WoW).

  9. #49
    It's just blizzard slowly getting ready to open up a future cash shop. Don't like rep grinding? no problem $10 will get you exalted in seconds.

  10. #50
    I camped out Scritch for the Peace Pipe 16 hrs a day so I could get my rep up faster. I never felt forced to do it. I just really, really wanted to have those profession recipes 1-2 days before anyone else.

    After I did that, some days I'd spend 10 hrs fishing for Nat Pagle rep. I wasn't forced to do that either. I just wanted the maximum fastness.

    The VP gear locked behind rep isn't forced. That gear isn't necessary to raid. It's just that people want to gear up faster. There should be a price for that expediency.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  11. #51
    With most the gear when I played costing valor imo the rep grind wouldnt be to bad if the valor cap was 2k or so a week so I could get an item every weekish once exalted. I was quite bummed hitting that revered and finding out it would take 3-4 weeks of valor capping to get everything I needed per faction to up the ilvl. I suppose you could wait another patch or so hit BGs hard when you come back and just coast lfr off pvp ilvl. Though I havent played WoW for a few months now so they might have nerfed that idea.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Fair enough, however you have to understand that they're NOT forced, everything you can get from Dailies you can get from raiding, dungeons, and LFR. There is absolutely no reason to ever do any of the dailies the game has to offer if your end goal is to get epic gear.

    If you want the sweet mounts they offer, you'll have to grind the rep. You're not forced to get those mounts in order to play, you're not forced to get exalted with the reps in order to raid.

    BC? Those reps were forced, and you had to GRIND them. You COULDN'T raid TK or SSC until you got several reps to at least revered. MoP? There is no forced rep grind. The only things the reps reward are shitty epics you can get if your luck is bad and vanity things like mounts.
    Thanks for understanding what I was saying, and for me the mounts would be the only reason I would grind rep, and truthfully that I understand, so point taken. I also didn't raid in BC so thanks for pointing that put, I guess the situation could be much worse.

  13. #53
    Stood in the Fire jd812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    475
    lol the rep is not forced. if you want anything you must work toward it. i dont get why people think stuff should be handed to them for no effort. to those who want everything and don't want to do anything to earn it, don't you get a feeling of accomplishment, and or feel like the reward at the end of all the work u put in, makes that reward mean so much more?

    Where i come from nothing is handed to you, if you want something earn it. I don't think wow should be any different. But there are many games out there that can give you instant gratification, just type in your god mode code, play for an hour, and gratz you win. If bliz keeps giving in to the people that want to log in and have every rep, mount, and bis gear, then i'm afraid wow won't be around another 5 years, let alone 2 more xpacks. People will log in get everything in a few hours, feel like they won and unsub til next patch or xpack.

    So back to the question op asked rep grinding is not forced in any way. And the rep grinding that is here if you choose to do it is a plus.
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-01-27 at 05:27 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    lol the rep is not forced. if you want anything you must work toward it. i dont get why people think stuff should be handed to them for no effort. to those who want everything and don't want to do anything to earn it, don't you get a feeling of accomplishment, and or feel like the reward at the end of all the work u put in, makes that reward mean so much more?

    Where i come from nothing is handed to you, if you want something earn it. I don't think wow should be any different. But there are many games out there that can give you instant gratification, just type in your god mode code, play for an hour, and gratz you win. If bliz keeps giving in to the people that want to log in and have every rep, mount, and bis gear, then i'm afraid wow won't be around another 5 years, let alone 2 more xpacks. People will log in get everything in a few hours, feel like they won and unsub til next patch or xpack.

    So back to the question op asked rep grinding is not forced in any way. And the rep grinding that is here if you choose to do it is a plus.
    I think for the most part no one complains about doing something for gear its just most probably don't like the gated system of heroics and/or rep grind >old lfr > not as old lfr > almost current content lfr > ah there you go you are on 'this' patch's content.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

  15. #55
    Minus, because you shouldn't need to do things outside the raid to be able to use a currency earned from the raid.

    (Item upgrades don't count, because they weren't present in 5.0 and won't be present in 5.2)

  16. #56
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    There isn't any forced rep grinding in MoP, so it isn't really a valid question
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Agree.

    I think many people ding 90 and looks at their char rep bar and say no thanks, unsub and wait for the next exp. Or start on another alt.

    Too bad this happened because otherwise it's a very good expansion. I think that you have to make a personal decision. Is your love for the game more than the tedium of rep grinding for months a couple or hours a night for multiple toons. Some say yes. Some say no.

    Let's face it, it's a not so transparent effort to keep subs up. I believe you should have everything you need to participate in end game when you ding max level. Not all this tredmill crap between max level and the last boss. Its not 2008 anymore. And when you kill that last boss,, roll credits, it's over and you won. Start another class.
    Pretty much. My major reason for quitting WoW was the lack of updated character models. The other reason was the extreme tedium of dailies. Hate them, lots. MoP made dailies even worse. The main things I enjoy about WoW are having lots of characters, large scale PvP, raiding with friends (10) and Roleplay (to a previous poster complaining about people not working hard enough in a RPG, this is what RPGs were founded upon - good story and being your character, not tedious success or challenging achievement). MoP has been the anti-alt expansion. Even if you only play one character it's too much. Big minus in my opinion.. truly sad considering how amazing the rest of the expansion is.
    Last edited by Vaucent; 2013-01-27 at 06:16 AM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Minus, because you shouldn't need to do things outside the raid to be able to use a currency earned from the raid.

    (Item upgrades don't count, because they weren't present in 5.0 and won't be present in 5.2)
    VP hasn't been a raid currency for years.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #59
    You're not being "forced" to do anything. That term gets tossed around far too loosely.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  20. #60
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,314
    Forced rep grinding would definately be a minus. Fortunately, we're not forced to grind reps. Also, you're a bit late for the "dailies /wrist" bandwagon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •