Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Forced rep grinding? A plus or minus in MoP

Hey everyone, so recently I just got back into wow and I started by leveling up two toons at once and eventually chose to continue with my priest over my warrior, anyways as expected from playing cata I planned to jump right into raiding and quickly realized this was not as simple as I expected , anyways I started doing a couple dialies and what not then eventually just got my profession gear and had enough il to get into LfR. I went did my raid got some valor then finally payed a visit to the valor vendor, only to realize that I couldn't buy any gear unless I got my rep up by doing dailies. I don't like dailies, never have probably never will, I liked the old system where I had a choice I could either do Dailes for gear or grind out the points and hope for drops. And now looking at something just posted seeing that you need to be exalted with the tillers to use the new rep feature is making me a little unhappy. Anyways the point is I don't like this new system and so far I haven't found a real way around it. What are the opinions of others, also suggestions on getting geared without rep? Sorry about punctuation being absent, posting from my phone.
    -cheers

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of late but yeah. This game is becoming a very chores logging in.

Also blizz noticed theres a problem with alts gearing up this expac as well.... just because of how slow and painful the grind can be in general.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big minus. Strongly dislike it. I really can't be bothered with doing dailies just to get access to things. It would take hours every day for me to finish all the dailies I require, it's really dull.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-01-26 at 04:59 PM.

Run heroics -> raid normals, that's all there is to it.

Deleted
    I couldn't care less for reputation, but coins only being available in dailies pisses me off. Give me 10-15 coins to complete a daily heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its total bullsh*t how we have to farm rep to get gear.... Im not saying make it easy to get items but this way is the worst thing blizz has ever done tbh.

Deleted
    You need exalted with the Tillers for work orders. You can (after 5.2 hits) use the daily rep bonus for all factions.

Also, you don't actually need dailies to max Tillers, you can just go out and farm the "gift" items, hand them in et voyla.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Kind of late but yeah. This game is becoming a very chores logging in.

Also blizz noticed theres a problem with alts gearing up this expac as well.... just because of how slow and painful the grind can be in general.
    I dont have any problem (anecdotal but whatever), got 3 alts with ilvls 489/484/482, while my main is at 496, and I finished msv normal only once on only one of them.

Would be huge minus if it was forced, which it isn't.

Deleted
    A huge minus.

Deleted
    I don't mind say, a week of dailies to unlock something, but the Golden Lotus grind is annoying as hell. I'd normally have said "oh well, I don't like this rep grind, I'll do something else" but the fact it's required to unlock two more rep grinds with gear I need at the end of them is bloody annoying.

so in summary forced rep grinding fine, MoP rep grinding is too long

Deleted
    Plus and Minus for me...

I really don't like Golden Lotus dailies the rep amount is pretty slow the first time you do it and the dailies do fell repetitive and other factions are locked behind them (really did not like this idea).

I do really like Shado Pan and Klaxxi ones though they are very varied and don't take very many days.

The 5.1 dailies I think might be the best set of questing (let alone dailies) in WoW ever though so hoping for more of the same in 5.2!

So good and bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You need exalted with the Tillers for work orders. You can (after 5.2 hits) use the daily rep bonus for all factions.

Also, you don't actually need dailies to max Tillers, you can just go out and farm the "gift" items, hand them in et voyla.
    Yet again I did not know this so thanks for telling me

All in all, I understand what blizz is trying to do, I just see it as being a bit too much. I also enjoy questing, but I do not like doing the same quests over and over again. glad to see that blizz gets that its a problem and that I'm not the only one that has realized this problem. Hopefully I can get passed this and stay playing. I would really like to know what I can spend valor on other than rep required gear. I am going to check now to see if I can convert it to conquest because I forgot about this factor lol. Thanks for all the replies and being actually positive. If anyone else has opinions feel free to post them, because I am genuinely interested in this topic

This was meant to reply to multiple people but didn't work, anyways still thanks to all

Deleted
    I think their new option to allow for rep gains through LFD and LFR is, and I know I'm about to open pandora's box, proof they actually listen to the community.

Sometimes they don't - yet this time they did - but, knowing *us* as I do, everyone will still bitch about how they ignore everything the players ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only rep I hated was Black Prince, because even with raid gear you need the rep for the gem and extra socket.

VP gear I couldn't care less about, didn't bother on my main (HC raid gear with LFR pieces combo lol), I rather keep the LFR (and blues if they didn't drop) than grind dailies for them. Just downed Empress on HC so I would say it is sufficient enough.

On my alt they won't even do dailies for the charms, if LFR and raid doesn't drop, they can keep the blues.

I actually enjoyed doing the dailies. Sometimes the Shado-pan were annoying but overall was an enjoyable time.

Deleted
    For me it's a massive minus, main reason why I haven't played in 3 weeks and not gonna resub once my sub ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like that I have to do them on several characters to be able to buy the valor items and the profession recipes. For the royal bags i want to make I need August celestials rep which is gated behind golden lotus rep. That's an example.

I had a blast in 4.3 because I could do HoTs which had nice drops and gave valor points, and I could do the cap whenever i want, one a day or 7 in one day or whatever. My choice. I loved the sense of progression on my character it gave. Now I just find myself leveling alts in order to get a sense of similar progression.

I am a healer at heart, but in MoP I find myself playing my hunter the most, simply because it is much easier doing dailies on the hunter especially since the spec i'm using is the same as the one i'm gearing for. It would be nice if healing could reward me rep like running dungeons with a tabard could, which according to first post on mmo champ i might be able to do in 5.2. The lucky charms are so valuable though, so dailies will still be something i feel i "should" do.

Well at least with hunter I can shoot things.

It's as "forced" as anything has ever been on this game, which is to say not at all. But we all know that already.

The way around it is not bothering with rewards that you don't deem worth the annoyance and call it a day.
    Last edited by Sealed; 2013-01-26 at 05:28 PM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not really forced to do them...I'm a heroic progression raider and I never bothered to grind up most of my reps (did tillers and cloud serpents and Klaxxi, but only because I felt like doing the dailies). Only valor piece I bought was a back from Shado-Pan (which took like 1 or 2 days to get enough rep for).

You're not being forced to grind rep anymore than you're being forced to log in.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015