Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    So you would have less things to do if the valor gear was separated from the reputations? How so?

Unless I remember wrong, the valor items required revered and exalted in the beginning of the expansion. This was soon changed to honored and revered, which was a good thing.

Mogu'shan Vaults loot tables did not have an item for every slot for any of the classes. I'm confident in saying that most of our raiders were using reputation items six weeks into the raid content.

I think it's you who is reading that part into my posts. Also, see my previous note about the loot tables and people still needing items from the vendors at that point.

But are the dailies a good way of gating the items? I am willing to argue that they aren't and that there are better and more exciting alternatives.

If the reputation requirements are there to fill a void in lacking interesting content, that is a game design issue and the gating is a band-aid fix.

I think this is a sub-topic that hasn't really been touched. It doesn't change that the players would still have to grind them at some point in the near future.

Yes, that is a better scenario than pressuring you into doing content you don't enjoy.
    6 weeks into the raid, your guildmates had 7000 VP max. That means they probably could have bought 4 rep items. Which is exactly like I said, those 4 items would come from honored Klaxxi and GL, and then one of those to revered. In 7 week, you would have to raise either Klaxxi OR GL to Revered, that is all.

My problem with this stupidity is you using the word ´grind´ to explain doing probably 10 days worth of dailies over the course of 7 weeks.

Well seeing as it made me quit I'd say it's a minus.

This is like quitting Chick-Fila because you're mad they're offering you a slice of cheese for 25 cents.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Kind of late but yeah. This game is becoming a very chores logging in.

Also blizz noticed theres a problem with alts gearing up this expac as well.... just because of how slow and painful the grind can be in general.
    Blizzard noticed?- sure they did, once all the babies started creating quadruple of the same salty tear threads on public about how unfair life is when they can't triple dip through the click of a button!

OT; I wouldn't worry to much, blizzard have already announced that they will return to the click-button-receive-bacon mode from 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    This is like quitting Chick-Fila because you're mad they're offering you a slice of cheese for 25 cents.
    I guess you could say that, but you'd have to add that they are offering you 'The Best' piece of cheese for 0.25, and if you say no then they say well your only other option is this not-as-good piece of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    The people willing to work for them. Clearly this thread is about wanting them for nothing.
    this is about not having to farm unnecessary factions for them, gl revered shouldn't have been a necessary requirement to get them

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I guess you could say that, but you'd have to add that they are offering you 'The Best' piece of cheese for 0.25, and if you say no then they say well your only other option is this not-as-good piece of cheese.
    It's more like Chick-Fila changing the price of a piece of cheese from 25 cents to a kick in the nuts. You're still willing to pay the 25 cents but you'd rather not be kicked in the balls.

Then everyone claims a kick in the balls is integral to the chicken sandwich buying system despite a few years ago they found out that customers didn't really like being kicked in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Its not about getting it for free. Its about getting it at your own pace. If I want to do 10 heroics a day, why cant I get valor for all of them? I'm constantly VP capped in a maximum of 48 hours after maintenance. I do most factions dailies every day for maybe a max of 20 min per faction. Why can't I spend 3 hours grinding rep for them and get 9 times the rep? Why does the content have to be artificially gated by a low rep/day cap and VP/week cap?
    this is so true in wrath and cata i could do what ever way of rep grinding i wanted and do it at my own pace

i wanted to do some dailies 1 day i done them
    i wanted to do heroics the next day i got my vp cap and a decent amount of rep for it

now if i want rep

i MUST do dailies which give very little rep (start of mop)
    randoms only gave a decent amount of vp for the 1st one each day

see where i'm going with this blizzard removed the ability for us to set our own pace after we hit 90
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-27 at 09:19 PM.

Since when is Blizzard forcing you to do stuff in WoW? I still don't get it why people are using the word "Force" or "Forcing us". It's a game, and you play it by Blizzard's rules, not yours.

Reputation grinding was maybe mandatory at the start because there were fewer items compared to today. You have LFR + Normal raids to start with, there's a lot more gear now. Gear upgrade is for those who don't know how to spend their Valor Points.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this is so true in wrath and cata i could do what ever way of rep grinding i wanted and do it at my own pace

i wanted to do some dailies 1 day i done them
    i wanted to do heroics the next day i got my vp cap and a decent amount of rep for it

now if i want rep

i MUST do dailies which give very little rep (start of mop)
    randoms only gave a decent amount of vp for the 1st one each day

see where i'm going with this blizzard removed the ability for us to set our own pace after we hit 90
    You don't have to do dailies every day, no one is forcing you.

You can run LFR for loot, and normal raids were tuned to be doable in heroic dungeon gear anyway. The only issue, as gearing up via dailies isn't necessary, is setting your own pace for "going through the rep for the rep's sake," in which case the answer is very simple: it's blizzards game, and they set the pace. Either you want the rep done, or you don't want the rep done. You either do the work required, or you don't.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi-KT View Post
    Rep Grinding has been a staple of MMO's since back in my Everquest days.
    I started playing EQ during Planes of Power and played through Secrets of Faydwer and outside of then outdated content, there were no reputations grinds that were remotely connected to player advancement.

Yes you could change your faction so you could not get killed by guards in various places but reputation didn't matter a bit. So EQ had tossed rep out before WoW was even launced.

Something being common in games over 10 years ago doesn't mean putting them in a game today is a positive change. Blizzard has backpedeled on the rep grinds twice now and there are basically only 2 reasons they would have after so adamantly supporting it at Mists launch: either 1) people aren't doing it or 2) people are quitting over it.

In either case, you won't see another grind like 5.0 until they've had time to forget it was a mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You don't have to do dailies every day, no one is forcing you.

You can run LFR for loot, and normal raids were tuned to be doable in heroic dungeon gear anyway. The only issue, as gearing up via dailies isn't necessary, is setting your own pace for "going through the rep for the rep's sake," in which case the answer is very simple: it's blizzards game, and they set the pace. Either you want the rep done, or you don't want the rep done. You either do the work required, or you don't.
    i don't any more i do them 2 days a week for charms but that's what it was like at the start of mop compared to say the start of cata
    also i now got the desired rep points i want on each char.

but what you quoted is what i fell at the beginning of cata and the beginning of mop, these rep changes are too late for me unless i want cap all my mop factions at exalted on each char, but it will help others. also dose any1 know if these changes will work for each member of the tillers

A main having to do all the factions is hell if you want to get things faster, but at the same time once you do, it makes faction grinds so much faster for alts. IE if you have an alt that has enchanting and you want the plans from the different factions. Maybe a week, if that. Small price to pay iMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    I love it, adds so much depth to the game.

No facerolling your way into epics this time. Don't like it? You'll be stuck in blues forever, and that's where you belong.
    as much of a douche comment this is, I half way agree.

Back in cata the facerolling, elbow mashing, pally players from wrath got a rude awakening when the paladin class changed... and they complained. (helped separate the fails from the rest).

This sort of does the same and I agree only on the facerolling part because epics have been falling like candy for awhile now and its nice to see casuals having to work like us raiders do. IMHO thats why they are there as rep rewards because u can get higher shit from raiding anyways, those rep rewards are alternative epics that you have to really work for.... they aint free this time around!

10+ Year Old Account
    If the rep grinds were the only way to get to gear, then a minus. They're not though and not even close to that so it's sort of a neutral in that respect. I don't mind dailies but I don't do them every day and don't bother myself about feeling forced to do anything at all. I'm doing pretty much anything and everything I want to in the game. And they're always there if I want to do something while I'm in queue so I tend to view them as a plus in terms of "things to do at 90".

So really, the whole "I'm forced to do dailies" argument is more amusement for me than anything else. Short-sighted players who can't see the choices they have aren't really my problem.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-27 at 11:40 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    as much of a douche comment this is, I half way agree.

Back in cata the facerolling, elbow mashing, pally players from wrath got a rude awakening when the paladin class changed... and they complained. (helped separate the fails from the rest).
    no class, beside probably enhancement shamans, had a challenging roation in wotlk, besides, many players use a clcret equivalent for their class , making every rotation faceroll anyway.

but the complaining about rets in 3.0 and wotlk never seems to stop, which is laughable.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2013-01-27 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, many raiders will use every advantage that they can get, but if one of those is gated in an unreasonable way then there is no reason why it couldn't be brought up as a quality of life issue. There is nothing wrong with criticism, as long as it's reasonable. It doesn't make a person less e-macho.
    I agree. But nothing in MoP is gated in an unreasonable way. We had the same VP gating in Cata and we had badge gating in Wrath/TBC.
    It's not as if he Valor cap is something new.

The rep doesn't gate you in any way, esp. on alts. My little huntress has rep w/o end, but no Valor to buy squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Could you please tell me where in raiding, dungeons and LFR can I get the crafting patterns that are available via dailies?

Many people play for crafting/the economy etc. The entire game isn't raiding.

That said I agree it's optional, but it's a game, everything is optional. That doesn't mean you aren't excessively limited in what you can do if you don't do dailies/don't want to quest/can't log in frequently i.e. a basically daily basis/or have disjointed blocks of playtime etc.
    OP was talking about gear, so the context of my response was in relation to his initial point.

Secondly, not everything in the game will be distroed fairly. If you want to play the "economy" game. You don't need patterns, you need to be good at economics, if you want the optional patterns that aren't required to play the auction house, then you're going to have to get two reps up to revered (iirc).
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

[/COLOR]It is a total minus and delinking it from dungeon grinding was the dumbest thing they could have thought of. It appears at least the developers have acknowledged this and their is no gear behind the dailies anymore and rep from other methods. It's a good change and one brought about by overwhelming feedback that said not only are dailies gay but the gear behind them is likewise gay and the pace of the game is also slow as fuck.

Now of course virtually no one will complain that rep grinding from raids is forced or required. I wonder why that is. Maybe because IT REALLY FELT FORCED WHEN YOU HAD DAILIES WITH GEAR BECAUSE NOBODY WOULD TOUCH FUCKING DAILIES OTHERWISE. Or next to nobody. Idiots on the officials forums and on this one IN TOTAL DENIAL about the compulsion generated from having such good gear, such overwhelming REWARD behind one activity should be silent now I hope. Then again probably not. All that matters is that the developers came around. I'm glad the developers came to their god damned senses. It took them far to long but here we are.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-30 at 05:03 AM.

Unsubbed because I refuse to do more dailies. Preferred tabard rep in instances, even if they capped it each day I'd be more inclined to do it. I enjoy doing heroics and smaller content with friends during the limited time I have to play at the moment. Usually the counter argument is you dont need rep gear if your intention is not to raid. I'd prefer to make a little progress each day than not at all but I left the raid group after we cleared DS H before some nerfs. Most casual friends and guildies seem to enjoy the cultural adaptation and reputation options this expansion thus far however. Personally not interested, I'll see whats next. Didn't level to 90 to continue leveling with dailies each day, least that's how I see it.