Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    They all had repeatable quests you could do for rep.
    I think dungeons specific factions (that is, Lower City, Thrallmar/Honor Hold, Sha'tar, Cenarion) had no repeatable quest to gain rep with them. The concept of "daily" quest appeared in 2.1, with the release of BT, Ogri'la and Netherwind Drakes. Other secondary factions (Scryers, Aldor) had/have repeatable turn in quests akin to the Klaxxi one.

They all had repeatable quests you could do for rep.
    Hand-ins for Aldor/Scryers/Lower City =/= dailies, and they were acquirable on AH and had very high drop chance from mobs (much higher than 0.0000001% chance for Dread Amber or Key to Guo-Lai cache). And you didn't really had to grind mobs for repeatable hand-ins, many dungeons were raining marks and signets (and consequently - quite cheap on AH).

Name me one "repeatable" daily for Shatar, Lower City (pass honored) and Keepers of Time. I won't be even mentioning raid-specific reps, though you said "They all had repeatable quests".

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    [/COLOR]

Once again the only thing you have to say is made up bullshit. So, suck it. The game changed. Valor gear locked behind dailies are gone. You lost. Game over man, game over. Have fun on an asian grind. I love that you act like doing daily quests takes any amount of skill or talent. Get over yourself, you're holding the game back.
    No, you are changing the game to suit your needs. Its just easier for you to afk through LFD's than do simple dailies. I hope you are proud of yourself for contributing to further killing a genre and further convincing Blizzard to sell out. You will never enjoy this game or any other with your entitled attitude. Soon you will be too bothered to even do LFD's.

Deleted
    Once again the only thing you have to say is made up bullshit. So, suck it. The game changed. Valor gear locked behind dailies are gone. 5.2 will increase the chance of gear drops on the current LFR even further invalidating gear from dailies. You lost. Game over man, game over. Have fun on an asian grind. I love that you act like doing daily quests takes any amount of skill or talent. Get over yourself, you're holding the game back.
    Valor gear is crap, I don't get this fixation that people have over it at this point.

The tier is over, if you're raiding, you've probably already progressed far, and valor gear isn't a concern, item upgrading is.

Rep grinding is for cosmetic purposes only as far as I'm concerned.
    I feel this because I only recently dinged my monk reroll, and have yet to buy a valor piece. (Upgrading Chi-ji and crafted gear takes precedent).

Go back to LFr and heroic dungeons if you want casual content, and go back to heroic raids and challenge modes if you want hardcore content, leave dailys as what they are supposed to be: a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    I think dungeons specific factions (that is, Lower City, Thrallmar/Honor Hold, Sha'tar, Cenarion) had no repeatable quest to gain rep with them. The concept of "daily" quest appeared in 2.1, with the release of BT, Ogri'la and Netherwind Drakes. Other secondary factions (Scryers, Aldor) had/have repeatable turn in quests akin to the Klaxxi one.
    Hellfire had repeatable quests involving PVP. Cenarion was the same way, with some dungeon drops you could do as well. Lower City had some quest I believe from Shatt you could pick up and repeat until revered I believe. The daily limitation was added in 2.1, but there were still repeatable quests even in the game in Vanilla.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Valor gear is crap, I don't get this fixation that people have over it at this point.

The tier is over, if you're raiding, you've probably already progressed far, and valor gear isn't a concern, item upgrading is.

Rep grinding is for cosmetic purposes only as far as I'm concerned.
    I feel this because I only recently dinged my monk reroll, and have yet to buy a valor piece. (Upgrading Chi-ji and crafted gear takes precedent).

Go back to LFr and heroic dungeons if you want casual content, and go back to heroic raids and challenge modes if you want hardcore content, leave dailys as what they are supposed to be: a grind.
    Its the gear obsession. They only want gear, care about gear, and only gear will make them happy. Its very sad. I have never really seen it this bad. If you are only happy when getting gear, why are you playing this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest not making assumptions with absolutely zero information
    With respect you have provided plenty of info. You said somewhere you want to meet the ilvl demanded by your friends in order to raid with them... Not really gonna delve through the past 3 pages again but I really think your emphasis on the role/importance of valor is misplaced. If you read my posts here you will see I agree that gating the gear behind rep wasn't a great choice, but what I am arguing is that it wouldn't be as much an issue if individuals/groups didn't view it as a pre-requisite for normal raids. It is not needed...you are not forced... You feel forced. More Yoda...less Vader... folks would be more content.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Interesting. I can't remember a single daily neither for Shatar, nor for Lower City, nor for Keepers of Time, nor for most others excluding cosmetic factions like Ogri'la, Netherwing and Skettis. I guess we played different game.

And what is wrong in farming normals? You need to do like 100500 normals to get from lv85 to 90 (lol doing 2 leveling dungeons over and over, and then another 2 till your eyes bleed). How is it better compared to TBC (with so much more dungeons for leveling), where you were at least getting something (rep) from those dungeons?
    So you did do dailies? And had to farm rep to get into heroics by questing and doing normals? To get better gear to pvp/raid? +1 me -1 you?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

False. You don't have to do them. you are not forced, tricked, compelled or anything.
    That is absolutely incorrect. If Blizzard didn't want you to be COMPELLED TO DO THEM THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GEAR ON THEM TO COMPEL YOU TO DO THEM. I do not know how else to say this. The whole point of the fucking gear is to LURE (RE: COMPEL) YOU TO RUN THE FUCKING DAILIES. Otherwise most of you people wouldn't touch them BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T BE COMPELLING ENOUGH TO DO. I cannot believe you people or Blizzard for hiding behind you. Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    So you did do dailies? And had to farm rep to get into heroics by questing and doing normals? To get better gear to pvp/raid? +1 me -1 you?
    People can play in word-game whatever way they want. By playing in word game you can prove that Elephant = Mouse, and what not. Even worse is when people try to play word-game while responding to someone without actually reading what that person wrote. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the real nature of things.

People can play in word-game whatever way they want. By playing in word game you can prove that Elephant = Mouse, and what not. Even worse, is when people try to play word-game while responding to someone without actually reading what they wrote. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the real nature of things.
    You never played BC did you? To get into heroics you needed a key....to get the key you need to buy it from the rep quartermaster. To get the required rep you needed to quest or run normals.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That is absolutely incorrect. If Blizzard didn't want you to be COMPELLED TO DO THEM THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GEAR ON THEM TO COMPEL YOU TO DO THEM. I do not know how else to say this. The whole point of the fucking gear is to LURE (RE: COMPEL) YOU TO RUN THE FUCKING DAILIES. Otherwise most of you people wouldn't touch them BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T BE COMPELLING ENOUGH TO DO. I cannot believe you people or Blizzard for hiding behind you. Christ...
    Typing in caps doesn't make your ideas any more true. I think the word you are looking for is 'impel' and not 'compel'. There is a difference between 'feeling' that you need something (impelled) and 'actually needing' (compelled) that thing.
    "Brevity is...wit"

You never played BC did you? To get into heroics you needed a key....to get the key you need to buy it from the rep quartermaster. To get the required rep you needed to quest or run normals.
    There wasn't a single one repetable quests for most of factions. Is it so hard to read? Is it so hard to read that people want rep from dungeons (!!!) not from dailies, where tanks and healers are pushed into killing 9999999999 HP mobs. What is unclear here? Atm there is no sense not only in running "normals", 5-men heroics are absolute and complete waste of time. Is it so hard to understand?

And even when players are done with rep grind, they have charms grind - which means they are bound to do those damn dailies far after exalted till developers will fix this broken system.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Typing in caps doesn't make your ideas any more true. I think the word you are looking for is 'impel' and not 'compel'. There is a difference between 'feeling' that you need something (impelled) and 'actually needing' (compelled) that thing.
    I don't really care what fucking sophistry you want to attribute to it. IT's SHIT no matter how you spell it. The simple fact is that the reward is put behind the daily quests so that people have a lure to do them. You can't then turn around and say you shouldn't feel lured to do them when the lure is their in the first place. You don't put a piece of cheese at the end of the fucking maze and then ask hey why did the mouse go for the cheese. WoW is a GIANT SKINNER BOX and the cheese has been moved to daily quests. HENCE the people playing the guy feel COMPELLED NOT IMPELLED to do the fucking quests and because the pellet isn't as good or as rewarding as they've been used to in the past they are frustrated.

There wasn't a single one repetable quests for most of factions. Is it so hard to read? Is it so hard to read that people want rep from dungeons (!!!) not from dailies, where tanks and healers are pushed into killing 9999999999 HP mobs. What is unclear here? Atm there is no sense not only in running "normals", 5-men heroics are absolute and complete waste of time. Is it so hard to understand?

And even when players are done with rep grind, they have charms grind - which means they are bound to do those damn dailies far after exalted till developers will fix this broken system.
    Don't worry about it. The developers have ignored these idiots and their fucking sophistry and put the rep grind back in dungeons and raids. They pulled their heads out of their asses, likely because of a wealth of fucking complaints against the bs system. Eventually even the devs can't hide behind fucking fanboys and have to address their real fucking customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Even with gear we aren't forced to do them, that's probably the reason why I didn't do them :O
    And typing in caps doesn't make you right. It just makes you look childish.
    No it emphasizes the point because some people on this forum have a hard time understanding that the gear was put their for the purpose of luring people to do it. They can't then say HEY MAN WHY DO YOU FEEL THE LURE TO DO IT? Because the gear is compelling enough. Even the developers recognize this. They remove that necessity and impetus all the time. If "optional" content is to rewarding it ceases to become optional and simple becomes the way people play the game. WHY IS THAT? because the lure is to compelling and it ceases to simple be an option. It's designed that way on purpose though. That's exactly why the gear is there. Luckily it seems they got that out of their fucking heads and the new dailies won't have fucking gear behind them.

Dude....are you just thick or something? In BC there was nothing but grind. You had to grind rep to get into heroics, then grind heroics to get into raids. In fact the whole of WoW is built upon that system. What I'm trying to get to you is that WOW WAS ALWAYS LIKE THIS.
    And the only reason people want rep from dungeons is because they are lazy as hell. and want the cosmetic item at the end of the tunnel faster because you should have better then rep gear anyhow at this point.
    And if somehow you don't have it just do heroics instead of dailies (OMFG A CHOICE!!! OMFG I WISH I HAD THAT IN BC AND VANILLA) and get into LFR (The only thing you would use the rep gear for anyhow at this point!)

The difference being that a mouse is dumb and doesn't realize that he doesn't need cheese or can get food somewhere else.
    Just like players need to realize that they don't need that gear or that they can get that gear in other places.
    Sorry when it comes to sub conscious desire and psychology the average player is on the level of a mouse. In terms of chasing rewards the average player does the exact same thing. Theirs a reason behaviouralism isn't simple a science applied to animals. The SKINNER BOX is what made wow a success and the developers realized the lure of gear is so strong you can pull most people to do anything that's exactly why the dailies had that gear.

Look if it was simple to provide you with somethign to do then why didn't the dailies have the traditional rewards associated with them? Pre Molten Front? Why did they have to have such overwhelming reward?

Don't worry about it. The developers have ignored these idiots and their fucking sophistry and put the rep grind back in dungeons and raids. They pulled their heads out of their asses, likely because of a wealth of fucking complaints against the bs system. Eventually even the devs can't hide behind fucking fanboys and have to address their real fucking customers.
    Nope they are just making it easier to play catch up for the new tier for noobs who haven't beaten this tier somehow.

Nope they are just making it easier to play catch up for the new tier for noobs who haven't beaten this tier somehow.
    Bullshit. The vendors aren't actually getting an updated gear. I can catch up easier in lfr and through crafting and pvp. They could have simple continued on the daily quest road and given people more dailies to do or more rep per daily. The rep inside the dungeons and back into the raids is EXACTLY because of fan feedback and criticism of the daily grind bullshit. Dailies fucking suck and people don't like them. Take it like a fucking man.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:22 AM ----------

But that "average" player shouldn't go on the forum to complain about it because he has the "same intelligence" as a mouse and can't see that:
    a) He doesn't need that gear, it's not a must so the repgrinding isn't forced.
    b) He can get the same level of gear from doing other things.

It's about time that those "average players" learn what it is: A little bonus you can get if you are willing to go that extra mile.
    Even though I 'agree' that they overdid it in the first tier.
    Bullshit. It's was hardly a "little" bonus and it wasn't even recognized as such. It was the ONLY WAY TO SPEND VALOR. That is hardly "a little bonus". The average forum poster was frustrated by it because they had simple had a better experience before. They weren't hamstrung by the dictate of the daily quest vendor. They could aquire gear from their valor WITHOUT FUCKING DAILY QUESTS IN THE WAY.
    The mice in the skinner box get frustrated to. They turn on one and other, it's called frustration aggression.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-02 at 02:23 AM.

Bullshit. The vendors aren't actually getting an updated gear. I can catch up easier in lfr and through crafting and pvp. They could have simple continued on the daily quest road and given people more dailies to do or more rep per daily. The rep inside the dungeons and back into the raids is EXACTLY because of fan feedback and criticism of the daily grind bullshit. Dailies fucking suck and people don't like them. Take it like a fucking man.
    Then why are you bitching so much? There was always a choice so take it like a man and finally lr2play WoW before you bitch and whine when more daily grinding comes back.