Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hate dailies, needs to be an alternative.

Prefer old school rep grinds, just go slaughter mobs.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't really care what fucking sophistry you want to attribute to it. IT's SHIT no matter how you spell it. The simple fact is that the reward is put behind the daily quests so that people have a lure to do them. You can't then turn around and say you shouldn't feel lured to do them when the lure is their in the first place. You don't put a piece of cheese at the end of the fucking maze and then ask hey why did the mouse go for the cheese. WoW is a GIANT SKINNER BOX and the cheese has been moved to daily quests. HENCE the people playing the guy feel COMPELLED NOT IMPELLED to do the fucking quests and because the pellet isn't as good or as rewarding as they've been used to in the past they are frustrated.
    The real cheese has been and always will be in raids. Valor gear is meant as a supplement to those who have not been lucky enough to get gear to drop. I'm sorry for you feeling like a mouse in a maze...I just play a video game I enjoy playing. I enjoy raiding...I raid. I do participate in faction reps, but at my own pace...not beholden to any outside expectation or any internal, gear-driven hunger. I just finished Shado Pan yesterday and got some badass mounts....but the idea that I [I]had[I] to grind that faction is just ridiculous. Valor gear is not food, air, water...you do not need it. You want it.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Then why are you bitching so much? There was always a choice so take it like a man and finally lr2play WoW before you bitch whine when more daily grinding comes back.
    Because LFR didn't provide you rep in the first tier. It was also extremely limited at launch and you only had like one raid. In 5.2 they've increased the chances to gear up so it's a better chance of paying out. LFR will actually be a catch up in 5.2 and not a fucking tedious grind. The choice prevented at launch was go slow or go slower. It was hardly compelling and while still techincally a choice it wasn't a very good one. You people hiding behind the literal definitions of choice and forced are the worst thing to happen to this game. I would wager I've been playing wow longer than you and at many more varied levels of play but yea I need to l2p.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    The real cheese has been and always will be in raids. Valor gear is meant as a supplement to those who have not been lucky enough to get gear to drop. I'm sorry for you feeling like a mouse in a maze...I just play a video game I enjoy playing. I enjoy raiding...I raid. I do participate in faction reps, but at my own pace...not beholden to any outside expectation or any internal, gear-driven hunger. I just finished Shado Pan yesterday and got some badass mounts....but the idea that I [I]had[I] to grind that faction is just ridiculous. Valor gear is not food, air, water...you do not need it. You want it.
    Now I can ask what if you don't raid but I'm sure you'll come back with the pithy response of "well you don't need the gear then" or something to that affect. Wether or not you feel like a mouse in a maze the simple fact is that gear is put behind those daily quests in an effort to motivate you to do them. If you people actually did them and didn't ignore them by and large such impetus wouldn't be necessary. So I find it really hard to swallow you and the devs telling us hey man you don't have to do them WHEN THEY DESIGNED IT SO THAT WE WOULD FEEL THAT WE SHOULD DO THEM. If they weren't designed as such, then the gear is not necessary to be behind them (nor the charms for that matter) and they can still be content. I'll be curious to see how many of you do dailies in 5.2 because well you just ENJOY them for the sake of dailies versus how many of you did them in 5.0 for the gear. The gear is behind those dailies for a conscious reason. It's so fucking bloody obvious.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-02 at 02:30 AM.

That is absolutely incorrect. If Blizzard didn't want you to be COMPELLED TO DO THEM THEN THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GEAR ON THEM TO COMPEL YOU TO DO THEM. I do not know how else to say this. The whole point of the fucking gear is to LURE (RE: COMPEL) YOU TO RUN THE FUCKING DAILIES. Otherwise most of you people wouldn't touch them BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T BE COMPELLING ENOUGH TO DO. I cannot believe you people or Blizzard for hiding behind you. Christ...
    Maybe you should go take some english/etymology/semantics/syntax classes.You aren't forced to do anything. Your lust for gear, your own choice and wants is what makes you feel like you have to do things. You have many options to progress your characters, some are quick, some aren't some give better gear. Its your choice, stop lying to yourself and others.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:05 PM ----------

I don't really care what fucking sophistry you want to attribute to it. IT's SHIT no matter how you spell it. The simple fact is that the reward is put behind the daily quests so that people have a lure to do them. You can't then turn around and say you shouldn't feel lured to do them when the lure is their in the first place. You don't put a piece of cheese at the end of the fucking maze and then ask hey why did the mouse go for the cheese. WoW is a GIANT SKINNER BOX and the cheese has been moved to daily quests. HENCE the people playing the guy feel COMPELLED NOT IMPELLED to do the fucking quests and because the pellet isn't as good or as rewarding as they've been used to in the past they are frustrated.
    Except, there is cheese to the North, South, and East of the start of the maze. But the mouse bitches because he wants all the cheese to the North of the start of the maze.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The difference being that a mouse is dumb and doesn't realize that he doesn't need cheese or can get food somewhere else.
    Just like players need to realize that they don't need that gear or that they can get that gear in other places.
    I find it funny he is comparing himself to a mouse.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:09 PM ----------

Bullshit. The vendors aren't actually getting an updated gear. I can catch up easier in lfr and through crafting and pvp. They could have simple continued on the daily quest road and given people more dailies to do or more rep per daily. The rep inside the dungeons and back into the raids is EXACTLY because of fan feedback and criticism of the daily grind bullshit. Dailies fucking suck and people don't like them. Take it like a fucking man.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:22 AM ----------

Bullshit. It's was hardly a "little" bonus and it wasn't even recognized as such. It was the ONLY WAY TO SPEND VALOR. That is hardly "a little bonus". The average forum poster was frustrated by it because they had simple had a better experience before. They weren't hamstrung by the dictate of the daily quest vendor. They could aquire gear from their valor WITHOUT FUCKING DAILY QUESTS IN THE WAY.
    The mice in the skinner box get frustrated to. They turn on one and other, it's called frustration aggression.
    Translation: Everything is bullshit except for what I believe, even though I am a whiny baby that doesn't even have anything other than caps lock and curse words to back his argument up.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:12 PM ----------

Because LFR didn't provide you rep in the first tier. It was also extremely limited at launch and you only had like one raid. In 5.2 they've increased the chances to gear up so it's a better chance of paying out. LFR will actually be a catch up in 5.2 and not a fucking tedious grind. The choice prevented at launch was go slow or go slower. It was hardly compelling and while still techincally a choice it wasn't a very good one. You people hiding behind the literal definitions of choice and forced are the worst thing to happen to this game. I would wager I've been playing wow longer than you and at many more varied levels of play but yea I need to l2p.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:28 AM ----------

Now I can ask what if you don't raid but I'm sure you'll come back with the pithy response of "well you don't need the gear then" or something to that affect. Wether or not you feel like a mouse in a maze the simple fact is that gear is put behind those daily quests in an effort to motivate you to do them. If you people actually did them and didn't ignore them by and large such impetus wouldn't be necessary. So I find it really hard to swallow you and the devs telling us hey man you don't have to do them WHEN THEY DESIGNED IT SO THAT WE WOULD FEEL THAT WE SHOULD DO THEM. If they weren't designed as such, then the gear is not necessary to be behind them (nor the charms for that matter) and they can still be content. I'll be curious to see how many of you do dailies in 5.2 because well you just ENJOY them for the sake of dailies versus how many of you did them in 5.0 for the gear. The gear is behind those dailies for a conscious reason. It's so fucking bloody obvious.
    Do you buy everything you see in commercials? They make those commercials in a way to where you will want their products, no matter how much you may not like them or need them. Are you that weak willed? Is simply having dailies in the game somehow make your hands and fingers glue to your keyboard so you can arrow turn and run to your quests? Are you really a stupid mouse? Just having gear as a reward for dailies does not force you.

With that logic, you should be playing 24/7 to earn money so you can make every craftable out there.

You dont need to do any dailys at all.Iam now 473 ilvl with my holadin and didnt do a single daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its kind of forced i guess, but if you add it up, you only have to do 1 factions dailys a day.By the time you get revered with them you will only have enough valor to get their pieces anyways. You can stretch the factions out over a month or so and never lose out on anything since u cant spend more then 1k valor per week anyways.

Putting grindiness into a game that spent 4 years trying to remove it? Let's ask Blizzard in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Rep isn't actually that big of a deal at this point. You can do heroic's to gear up and then run Lfr for epics. The only thing that forces you to do dailies in my opinion is the Charms for extra rolls on bosses.

I do think that Charms should be something you can get from running heroic's and Lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    You dont need to do any dailys at all.Iam now 473 ilvl with my holadin and didnt do a single daily.
    Have fun trying to get loot through LFR to try to get into 5.2 LFR content.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Have fun trying to get loot through LFR to try to get into 5.2 LFR content.
    They are upping the droprate on "old tier" LFR items in the next patch.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Yeah I mean previous xpacs NEVER had gear locked behind...oh wait, they did.

Cept now you're used to running heroics til your eyes bleed then buying a bunch of BoE valor gear with alts to boost your item level.

THEN complaining that you're bored and have nothing to do, and why are epics so easy to get anyway, look at all the people with vendor epics this SUUUUCCCKKSS!!

...cept when they're not easy to get coz then THAT'S A CHORE! I CBFed with all this stuff to do (Said I was bored? Wanted more content? Nah that ain't me) Why can't I just farm heroics and get all my gear (But just me, or otherwise everyone will do it and then the gear will be trash epics...)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    ive done it both ways, one toon i did all the questing and rep stuff to start to gear then went into raids but on another toon i did no dailies at all, my rep is low on all mop factions and i went into heroics and then lfr and then into normal raids. the grinding toon is at 492 my non rep grinding toon is at 490. it is by no way forced and can be achieved without the dailies just as easy and in about the same amount of time involved. you are not forced at all to go the route you are, you didnt try both ways so have no clue as to how easy it is to avoid the grind.

ive got most reps at revered and a few at exalted before I got bored of them, doesn't bother me too much because HoF and ToES normal drops are higher than it

I'd rather see it done a little differently

for example, if there was to be a reputation that ruled over all the others, if you earned rep in one faction, it would also be applied to the main expansions faction, which would be the faction that gives the gear etc.

Blizzard said it right. You aren't forced to do reps, they aren't required. You WANT something from them, so they feel forced to you. So the matter is subjective. It doesn't mean they are forced on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I think their new option to allow for rep gains through LFD and LFR is, and I know I'm about to open pandora's box, proof they actually listen to the community.

Sometimes they don't - yet this time they did - but, knowing *us* as I do, everyone will still bitch about how they ignore everything the players ask for.
    No, it's just proof that Ghostcrawler is an idiot. He took something that didn't need to be changed and made the whole system worse for the sake of changing it. He has done this EVERY expansion and they end up losing subs as a result. Remember "dungeons should be hard"? Well, I log in to enjoy the game, not to work in game chores.

I hated it at first but now they've grown on me. I stopped at Revered for all but Klaxxi (which I'm working on right now to get to Exalted for the ring), and I got to Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent for the mount of course. For the first few weeks it felt a lot like a chore but then I started enjoying doing them because it gave me a lot to do, unlike in Cataclysm when I logged in two nights a week to raid. You only really need to get to Revered with the factions so it shouldn't take more than 3–4 weeks before you're all done. However even that's a little long.

I think Blizzard needs to find a good equilibrium between reputation from dailies and reputation from heroic dungeons. That way you can do a combination of both (but not one on its own) to gain reputation. I also think reducing the amount of reputation required for the various levels would also be a good idea.

I suggest you keep doing the dailies and I think you'll start to enjoy them. Especially the Dominance Offensive/Shieldwall ones, those are a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Maester; 2013-02-02 at 06:07 AM.

World of Chorecraft, big minus.

The pittance of rep from some of the factions at MoP launch was downright insulting. The GL revered lock was a slap in the face, not only will we dole out the grind slowly, we will gate it some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    I think its total bullsh*t how we have to farm rep to get gear.... Im not saying make it easy to get items but this way is the worst thing blizz has ever done tbh.
    The gear for Rep concept is as old as Vanilla WoW. I don't know what people were playing all those years.
    Suddenly everyone acts as if it's the new discovery of the games mechanics. The only thing that actually changed was to get a step back to TBC times, where plenty of stuff was gated behind multiple factions reputations. And once it was reached with a main, there wasn't the least incentive to get it any easier with an alt. Today, when people have alts it's kind of a "so what" 8 alts, big deal... Back then it was even an accomplishment to have alts at max level and decently geared, since the efforts from toon 1 to toon X have always been the same to be put in.
    As for myself, I enjoyed that concept a lot more than the hand-out mentality of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    ive done it both ways, one toon i did all the questing and rep stuff to start to gear then went into raids but on another toon i did no dailies at all, my rep is low on all mop factions and i went into heroics and then lfr and then into normal raids. the grinding toon is at 492 my non rep grinding toon is at 490. it is by no way forced and can be achieved without the dailies just as easy and in about the same amount of time involved. you are not forced at all to go the route you are, you didnt try both ways so have no clue as to how easy it is to avoid the grind.
    I had a very close experience. My first 90 did reps, my second one did only heroics/lfr/crafted gear. My second 90 has surpassed the one that does daily/lfr.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    No, it's just proof that Ghostcrawler is an idiot. He took something that didn't need to be changed and made the whole system worse for the sake of changing it. He has done this EVERY expansion and they end up losing subs as a result. Remember "dungeons should be hard"? Well, I log in to enjoy the game, not to work in game chores.
    So you just want easy loot instead of working as a team in a multiplayer game to over come challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The gear for Rep concept is as old as Vanilla WoW. I don't know what people were playing all those years.
    Suddenly everyone acts as if it's the new discovery of the games mechanics. The only thing that actually changed was to get a step back to TBC times, where plenty of stuff was gated behind multiple factions reputations. And once it was reached with a main, there wasn't the least incentive to get it any easier with an alt. Today, when people have alts it's kind of a "so what" 8 alts, big deal... Back then it was even an accomplishment to have alts at max level and decently geared, since the efforts from toon 1 to toon X have always been the same to be put in.
    As for myself, I enjoyed that concept a lot more than the hand-out mentality of today.
    If comparing it to Vanilla, reputatikon gains are way way way way quicker. Even compared to any other expansion, MoP is just way quicker.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Big minus, loved End Game - Cata model where I could actually play all of my characters

(Had 10 85s, all above 480 ilvl, because of the gearing system, could actually have fun and enjoy the game since I could just do whatever on them.
    You can still easily play all your characters.