Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Well it depends on the realmpool.

    In my realmpool, Kotmogu is mostly a win on alliance side, but the mine is 99% a lose to the horde.

    So it took me 2 Kotmogus, but more than 20 Mines to get them done while the quest was new. Most of the players (horde and alliance) were 8 out of 10 people in PVE gear. Out of those 8, half the players had raid gear and close to 400k life, the other ones had under 300k life.

    One useful tip: Get 3 friends: a ranged, a healer and yourself as DD/tank/whatever with some decent PVP gear and nuke the shit out of everyone else. especially when you're in Teamspeak.

  2. #182
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    Well it depends on the realmpool.

    In my realmpool, Kotmogu is mostly a win on alliance side, but the mine is 99% a lose to the horde.

    So it took me 2 Kotmogus, but more than 20 Mines to get them done while the quest was new. Most of the players (horde and alliance) were 8 out of 10 people in PVE gear. Out of those 8, half the players had raid gear and close to 400k life, the other ones had under 300k life.

    One useful tip: Get 3 friends: a ranged, a healer and yourself as DD/tank/whatever with some decent PVP gear and nuke the shit out of everyone else. especially when you're in Teamspeak.
    I've been away from the game in 3 months.. But yet I hear the strangest things.. A raid group for a silly dungeon? All I did was invite my buddy from skype and we had around on random BG 30 wins - 0-5 losses over the night. You guys can't be serious. Two bg wins.. I've found out that 1/20 times you queue up you get in a winning group..
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  3. #183
    Just about every one of those bgs are full of PVER who have never ever pvp'd before. This is one of the stupidest quests ever, keep pve out of pvp.

  4. #184
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.

    Edit: Forgot to mention all the atleast LFR you have to do to even get to that part of the questline, most pvpers do not enjoy even that. So again, if you think its so bad to be forced to win 2 BGs think about all that pvpers are being forced into if they want to get BiS aswell.
    Last edited by Sanodar; 2013-02-03 at 12:05 PM.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.
    No interest in Test of Valor = no interest in legendary meta gem, simple as that.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    No interest in Test of Valor = no interest in legendary meta gem, simple as that.
    Then the same works for you, if you don't want to pvp that badly just miss out on the legendaries for pve then.

    I really love the entire questline tbh, i do both pve and pvp tho, but alot of ppl are focused on either pve or pvp and most ppl in this thread seam to be pveers so i had to argue the point from a pvper perspective so that you guys see those points aswell.
    Last edited by Sanodar; 2013-02-03 at 12:12 PM.

  7. #187
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,150
    Honestly how did most people not see something like this coming? The entire expansion has a sub-theme of Alliance vs Horde and The Black Price (Wrathion) has been talking about the conflict, and you're involvement in it.

    Legendaries should not just be a grind or pure luck. They should require some real input, in a form you're not typically used to.

  8. #188
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm not at all saying you have to like it -- I just think some folks are making a much bigger deal out of it than is warranted.
    Well tbh, it's not as easy as you paint it out to be... the throuble is that:
    1. Regular PVP'ers are annoyed and irritated because they have ppl in their team that probably have no idea what to do and cannot be asked to really try and learn.
    2. If they want to make any effort, they have to get gear and relearn a new spec even... just for that short amount of time....
    3. People that chose a PVE server for the simple reason they do not like PVP... like me are just being 'insulted'.

  9. #189
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,837
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?
    Bingo.

    Make a PvE questline for a PvE reward have PvE objectives. There's no point to force us to do random PvP. I don't even know how to PvP on my priest, I've never done it before. I haven't even PvPed this expansion yet.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  10. #190
    Someone good in pve is good enough to skew any bg to be easy enough to get a win. If not, well. Cheers for questline that improve people's gameplay.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well tbh, it's not as easy as you paint it out to be... the throuble is that:
    1. Regular PVP'ers are annoyed and irritated because they have ppl in their team that probably have no idea what to do and cannot be asked to really try and learn.
    2. If they want to make any effort, they have to get gear and relearn a new spec even... just for that short amount of time....
    3. People that chose a PVE server for the simple reason they do not like PVP... like me are just being 'insulted'.
    I just finished the part 2 of legendary questline and here's my view:

    1. As a pvp gear owner, I enjoyed killing pve geared people in the BGs as I attempted to complete the quest.
    2. You dont need to get gear or relearn your spec for those 2 wins, if you can play your spec in pve, you can play it in pvp.
    3. People choose pve realm because of no world pvp, not because of no pvp. Also, completing legendary questline isn't requirement to perform well, caster's can get elite dagger from protectors, and dps has plenty of weapons that aren't Sha-touched. Whether or not tanks have legendary gem/extra socket on their weapon means even less than it means for dps.

  12. #192
    Personally I don't see it as a huge issue. On some of my characters, it's been a breeze doing pvp. On other characters, where I've done it simply for achieves or to get transmog gear, I've wanted to throw my computer out the window. Just do the two battlegrounds. They're usually half the time of your average 5-man lfg, and God forbid you do something you don't like a couple times. I don't like having to level alts through BC, but if I want the excitement at the end of the road, then I'll do it. The point of this quest line is to outline the horde and alliance tension.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

  13. #193
    The game is a game. That is the requirement for obtaining an item if it isn't worth it to you don't do it.

  14. #194
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.

    Edit: Forgot to mention all the atleast LFR you have to do to even get to that part of the questline, most pvpers do not enjoy even that. So again, if you think its so bad to be forced to win 2 BGs think about all that pvpers are being forced into if they want to get BiS aswell.
    In a recent build the PvP meta was changed from legendary to epic, meaning it probably isn't from the quest line.

  15. #195
    a) it's a *legendary* quest line
    b) it's only 2 battlegrounds
    c) This is MoP the *WAR* expansion, where people specifically asked for war
    d) don't want to, don't do it.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    People are dumb, PVP is fun. Sorry, I know it is an opinion, but it is hard for me to think that it is just such torture and impossible to enjoy running 2 battle grounds. I do both PVP and PVE all week long and find both incredibly fun.
    You have 3 pretty well balanced classes for PVP of course it's going to be fun for you. For everyone else playing ele shamans, boomkins, shadowpriests, ret pallies, etc it's not so fun. Sorry to pop your bubble.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Honestly how did most people not see something like this coming? The entire expansion has a sub-theme of Alliance vs Horde and The Black Price (Wrathion) has been talking about the conflict, and you're involvement in it.
    That's entirely missing the point. The Horde vs. Alliance conflict is there in pure PvE content, you can see it in quests, dailies, scenarios, soon even raids. Nobody forces you to do any PvP at all to experience this, and on top of all, PvP in itself, be it in arena or BGs, isn't reflecting any recent lore conflict at all.

    At this point PvP is nothing more than a mini game in WoW for people that are entirely focused on PvE content (into which, do not delude yourself, the vast majority of development resources is invested each patch), a mini game where you won't miss out on top notch content if you flatout ignore it. PvP is not more or less than PokéWoW at this stage.

    Now forcing people into PvP for a PvE quest, one that doesn't even remotely yield something useful for PvP since you cannot attach the extra gem socket to a PvP weapon, is nothing but ridiculous. What's next, after ripping the Thunder King's heart out you'll have to prove yourself worthy through random pet battles? Yes, yes this is the very same level of ridiculous as in sending raiders into PvP.


    On a side note, I didn't mind this quest too much. It's the general philosophy standing behind it that makes me itch. I mean, I went into this forced PvP with my raid mage who has not a single piece of PvP gear, I died a few times, I scored more kills than deaths and helped achieving the BG goals.
    However I also got a few new entries to my ignore list from people who just had to tell me I should get gear or GTFO. As if I'd care. I was forced to do this, if I had the choice I would have gladly avoided their tiny little PvP world forever. It's things like these that should really SCREAM to developers not to force things onto people, yet they do it time and again just to make the very same experience all over.

    If things would be handled like that where I'm working, people would get fired. At Blizzard's it seems to be ok to fall flat on the nose for the very same reason a several hundred times.

  18. #198
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    You have 3 pretty well balanced classes for PVP of course it's going to be fun for you. For everyone else playing ele shamans, boomkins, shadowpriests, ret pallies, etc it's not so fun. Sorry to pop your bubble.
    Not so sure you know what you are talking about thinking shadow priests are weak in PvP.

  19. #199
    I dont get all this complaining just do the damn quests and get you gem socket its pretty much free ..

  20. #200
    The BG idea is really stupid - It brings huge wave of non-PVPers (who often become botters) who ruin BG experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •