Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Tbh, most of them are. Bots, bots everywhere!
    Maybe in the middle of the night, I have done of alot of BGs with friends & I seen minimal to none and I played during the day or primetime, not middle of the night.
    I'm neither Pro or Anti Flying, I just have a different opinion on the matter.

Stood in the Fire fooliuscaesar13's Avatar
    I actually like the idea of having to do a BG for a pve quest. What would make it even better is if we had to summon the elemental in AV in order to complete the quest.

There is the option NOT to do the quest. Nobody is really being forced to do anything at all.

No sha touched weapons in 5.2. I wouldn't even waste your time.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    But then again - its a legendary quest chain. Why shouldnt it "force" you to do every aspect of the game?
    Why should it "force" you into doing something you aren't interested in/properly geared for?
    Especially something that requires a vastly different mindset/play style from what you usually do.
    As i said, there is a reason why there are PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    No sha touched weapons in 5.2. I wouldn't even waste your time.
    But there are legendary meta gems. But only for people who "waste their time".
    Fangthorn <Temerity> Windrunner - US

US #15 @ 3 Days - 12 Hours / Week

Everyone and their brother will be PvPing in BGs in 5.2 (for the welfare honor gear), so don't worry about it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?
    thats like my job in pvp
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

completely agree, it's a PVE quest line (with the irrational exception of this quest) with PVE rewards for raiding. imagine how PVP'ers would react if they had to clear ToES normal or heroic to get the best PVP weapons for example
    personally I don't enjoy PVP, I'm not even fond of PVE dps on my warrior and prot has been useless in battlegrounds for years
    You are comparing 2 BG's to doing a full clear of a normal or heroic raid... lol.... that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Because it's a legendary questline, requiring you to go above and beyond what is usually expected from quests?
    Pretty much this.

You need to show yourself to be worthy of the weapon by being able to handle both PvE and PvP, at least to some extent.

You should do some PvP anyway. It's a cruel but effective teacher that shows you a lot of things about your class that you may not even think about if you only PvE. Movement, defenses, burst, timing, CC - all those help you to perform better in PvE, especially in raids where being a clumsy keyboard turner will lead to wipes.

Decent PvP performance usually means better PvE performance as well - unless you are one of those PvP only -fanatics & hardcore wannabes who then suck balls at PvE and die from the first special ability.
    Last edited by Gahmuret; 2013-01-30 at 01:44 AM.

If legendary weapons were easy to get then they wouldn't be legendary. Buy some crafted gear and win those 2 matches. I don't see why you are complaining about the shortest and easiest part of the whole legendary questline.

I guess I see it as an opportunity to get players into the PvP environment... something they may not bother with otherwise.

Sure, a lot of PvE players have expressed a dissatisfaction with having to win a couple of BGs for their legendary quest progression, and I can understand not wanting to do it. This is Blizzard attempting (sneakily I might add) to get players out and exploring more facets of the game.

I wonder how many of the PvE players, who are unhappy with these quests, have actually tried out PvP. I'm sure some have, but others may not. Who knows, you could come to really like it.

And as Tziva said, it's only 2 BGs. I know that can sometimes take a while, but they aren't asking for much.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The questline forces you to do it. You either pvp or you get nothing.
    Well I know a lot of people who don't like leveling. All those quests that ask you to do things like kill 10 boars... Are you FORCED to go kill 10 boars? Absolutely not. You can choose to not do it and not get the xp or item reward. Nobody is FORCING you to do a questline. you are choosing to do it all on your own. You are exactly right. You either pvp or you get nothing. That is your choice. There are quests that tell you to go dig through poop in the game. Are they forcing you to go do it? Absolutely not. Anything in game is a choice. You are not forced to play this game, you are not forced to level, you are not forced to quest, you are not forced to do dailies, you are not forced to do bgs, raid, level professions. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Maybe in the middle of the night, I have done of alot of BGs with friends & I seen minimal to none and I played during the day or primetime, not middle of the night.
    You may just be lucky. As I have been PvPing (specifically in BGs) at prime playing hours for my server (not middle of the night) and I see quite a few bots hanging around. There are just too many variables to imply what you are implying.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

The Lightbringer
    Complaining about doing 2 BGs to progress a quest would be the same as PvPers whining about having to reach level 10 to enter a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Complaining about doing 2 BGs to progress a quest would be the same as PvPers whining about having to reach level 10 to enter a battleground.
    Except reaching level 10 takes longer :P

Has anyone mentioned yet that they're probably the two easiest BGs, as well?

There is no point capture, flag capping, strategic guarding... they're both basically murderfests. You defend a slowly moving cart and make sure no one changes the stupid track. And then you and your entire team sit in a small square, either killing people with lights on them or defending them.

In any case, when I went in, every other person was in there for the same reason. I counted a total of one person in pvp gear (as in, noticeable difference when attacking them.) It took 3 silvershard tries and one Temple try for me to get it.

And finally: Get 5 of your guildies to all do it at once. Even if you're in PvE gear, you'll probably stomp the other teams if you're organized.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The chapter 2 doenst look PvE at all
    First you have to help to your faction force to estabish a camp.Then you earn reputation by killing other faction mobs and players in the teritory not anywhere else then you have to kill other faction land eader which on more balanced realms can be hard .The only PVE thing here is to earn 6000 valor points

what most of the PVP defenders seem to be overlooking is that non-PVPers will not have ANY PVP gear at all. entering a battleground with 0 resilience and 0 pvp power, it doesn't matter on your class or spec, you will be pretty much useless. a healer may be able to get out a few heals to help the team but the enemy team will almost certainly go straight for the healers and having no resilience the healer will die very, very quickly. dps or 'flag carrier' tanks won't last long either unless they're fortunate enough that their opposition are mostly PVE'ers as well
    I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me

WoW comics & jokes, Dragon Age parody and other weirdness

what most of the PVP defenders seem to be overlooking is that non-PVPers will not have ANY PVP gear at all. entering a battleground with 0 resilience and 0 pvp power, it doesn't matter on your class or spec, you will be pretty much useless. a healer may be able to get out a few heals to help the team but the enemy team will almost certainly go straight for the healers and having no resilience the healer will die very, very quickly. dps or 'flag carrier' tanks won't last long either unless they're fortunate enough that their opposition are mostly PVE'ers as well
    Actually, you have 40% resilience baseline now.