Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    yes. I'd rather do something I enjoy many times than do something I dislike once
    besides, have you ever tried pvp as a prot warrior?
    Bingo.

Make a PvE questline for a PvE reward have PvE objectives. There's no point to force us to do random PvP. I don't even know how to PvP on my priest, I've never done it before. I haven't even PvPed this expansion yet.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Someone good in pve is good enough to skew any bg to be easy enough to get a win. If not, well. Cheers for questline that improve people's gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well tbh, it's not as easy as you paint it out to be... the throuble is that:
    1. Regular PVP'ers are annoyed and irritated because they have ppl in their team that probably have no idea what to do and cannot be asked to really try and learn.
    2. If they want to make any effort, they have to get gear and relearn a new spec even... just for that short amount of time....
    3. People that chose a PVE server for the simple reason they do not like PVP... like me are just being 'insulted'.
    I just finished the part 2 of legendary questline and here's my view:

1. As a pvp gear owner, I enjoyed killing pve geared people in the BGs as I attempted to complete the quest.
    2. You dont need to get gear or relearn your spec for those 2 wins, if you can play your spec in pve, you can play it in pvp.
    3. People choose pve realm because of no world pvp, not because of no pvp. Also, completing legendary questline isn't requirement to perform well, caster's can get elite dagger from protectors, and dps has plenty of weapons that aren't Sha-touched. Whether or not tanks have legendary gem/extra socket on their weapon means even less than it means for dps.

Personally I don't see it as a huge issue. On some of my characters, it's been a breeze doing pvp. On other characters, where I've done it simply for achieves or to get transmog gear, I've wanted to throw my computer out the window. Just do the two battlegrounds. They're usually half the time of your average 5-man lfg, and God forbid you do something you don't like a couple times. I don't like having to level alts through BC, but if I want the excitement at the end of the road, then I'll do it. The point of this quest line is to outline the horde and alliance tension.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

The game is a game. That is the requirement for obtaining an item if it isn't worth it to you don't do it.

Deleted
    Note that moving on in the questline it appears to be meta gems rewarded further on in next patch, and guess what, one of them is for pvp, so that means pvpers are gonna have to do this questline to get their BiS pvp stuff, you think its worse for pveers to win 2 BGs than it is for pvpers to cap valor 6 weeks? It takes about an hour a day for 6 weeks to get that part of the chain down while you can get past your annoying part in 1 hour once.
    Pvpers has no interest in valor at all since it only rewards pve gear, and being forced to farm 6000 valor? That is quite alot compared to your 2 BGs you have to win.

Edit: Forgot to mention all the atleast LFR you have to do to even get to that part of the questline, most pvpers do not enjoy even that. So again, if you think its so bad to be forced to win 2 BGs think about all that pvpers are being forced into if they want to get BiS aswell.
    In a recent build the PvP meta was changed from legendary to epic, meaning it probably isn't from the quest line.

a) it's a *legendary* quest line
    b) it's only 2 battlegrounds
    c) This is MoP the *WAR* expansion, where people specifically asked for war
    d) don't want to, don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    People are dumb, PVP is fun. Sorry, I know it is an opinion, but it is hard for me to think that it is just such torture and impossible to enjoy running 2 battle grounds. I do both PVP and PVE all week long and find both incredibly fun.
    You have 3 pretty well balanced classes for PVP of course it's going to be fun for you. For everyone else playing ele shamans, boomkins, shadowpriests, ret pallies, etc it's not so fun. Sorry to pop your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Honestly how did most people not see something like this coming? The entire expansion has a sub-theme of Alliance vs Horde and The Black Price (Wrathion) has been talking about the conflict, and you're involvement in it.
    That's entirely missing the point. The Horde vs. Alliance conflict is there in pure PvE content, you can see it in quests, dailies, scenarios, soon even raids. Nobody forces you to do any PvP at all to experience this, and on top of all, PvP in itself, be it in arena or BGs, isn't reflecting any recent lore conflict at all.

At this point PvP is nothing more than a mini game in WoW for people that are entirely focused on PvE content (into which, do not delude yourself, the vast majority of development resources is invested each patch), a mini game where you won't miss out on top notch content if you flatout ignore it. PvP is not more or less than PokéWoW at this stage.

Now forcing people into PvP for a PvE quest, one that doesn't even remotely yield something useful for PvP since you cannot attach the extra gem socket to a PvP weapon, is nothing but ridiculous. What's next, after ripping the Thunder King's heart out you'll have to prove yourself worthy through random pet battles? Yes, yes this is the very same level of ridiculous as in sending raiders into PvP.

On a side note, I didn't mind this quest too much. It's the general philosophy standing behind it that makes me itch. I mean, I went into this forced PvP with my raid mage who has not a single piece of PvP gear, I died a few times, I scored more kills than deaths and helped achieving the BG goals.
    However I also got a few new entries to my ignore list from people who just had to tell me I should get gear or GTFO. As if I'd care. I was forced to do this, if I had the choice I would have gladly avoided their tiny little PvP world forever. It's things like these that should really SCREAM to developers not to force things onto people, yet they do it time and again just to make the very same experience all over.

If things would be handled like that where I'm working, people would get fired. At Blizzard's it seems to be ok to fall flat on the nose for the very same reason a several hundred times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    You have 3 pretty well balanced classes for PVP of course it's going to be fun for you. For everyone else playing ele shamans, boomkins, shadowpriests, ret pallies, etc it's not so fun. Sorry to pop your bubble.
    Not so sure you know what you are talking about thinking shadow priests are weak in PvP.

I dont get all this complaining just do the damn quests and get you gem socket its pretty much free ..

The BG idea is really stupid - It brings huge wave of non-PVPers (who often become botters) who ruin BG experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was kind of cool, actually -- takes you out of your element of comfort, and the storyline really encompasses the entire game. That's what's 'legendary' about this questline.

There's nothing legendary about random raid drops.

I didnt like it either, as it broke my streak of not entering a BG or doing any pvp activity for over 2 years, but it really only took me 30 minutes. Not a huge deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    The BG idea is really stupid - It brings huge wave of non-PVPers (who often become botters) who ruin BG experience.
    A huge wave of non-PvPers... to do two battlegrounds?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10 pages about this? Well, it isn't like you are asked to do some achievs in BGs or be pro-PvPer. Winning couple BGs is just a matter of one evening.

When this quest was first datamined it was win 10 of each of the new BGs, it got nerfed down to 1 before going live. Be glad you only have to win one of each BG.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

is doing a couple battlegrounds really that hard? people love to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    is doing a couple battlegrounds really that hard? people love to complain.
    Even with a somewhat crappy win/loss ratio in those battlegrounds, it's really no different than the RNG that accompanies the raid drops. So even if you have to do them 2, 3 -- hell, even 10 or more times, it's functionally identical to random chance on a raid drop from a boss.

People who refuse to do PvP need to stop being so stubborn; it's not a badge of honour to claim you haven't done PvP in X amount of time -- it means that you aren't as good at this game as you think you are, if you can only play half of it well.

Having said that, I don't think anyone who is any good at this game is complaining; it's the bads.

Deleted
    Cheer up, the final stage of the legendary weapon quest involves catching a level 12 strand crawler (rare quality) and renaming him "Mr Snappy."

Blizzard do love to incentivise their new things to do.......