Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    I suppose cheating is the one big thing that would immediatly break a relationship.

all other things like smoking, drug use, beliefs of whatever kind are things I'd expect to know about before considering it a 'real' relationship.
    No doubt, this is a deal-breaker as well. If you enter into a monogamous relationship, I definitely would expect myself and my girlfriend to hold up to such a standard. Infidelity (at this stage in a relationship) is paramount to betrayal at the deepest level IMO.

If you want to cheat on somebody, please break up with them before you do so. Nothing erodes confidence and emotionally ruins a person like hearing they have been cheated on. My neighbor is 25 and her ex-husband is a serial cheater (happened before and while she was pregnant with their kid) and from what I know she is going through a very tough time in life still living with her mother who does her best to provide the emotional support that she can.

I saw him outside her house today, and I couldn't think of what a scumbag he is and how I would be doing the world a service if I walked over to him and beat him into their lawn's landscape. Betrayal of that magnitude is just heinous IMO. Makes me sick to my stomach to just think about it.

As far as drug use goes, as long as my girlfriend doesn't surprise me with some sort of meth addiction upon moving in, I'm okay with whatever as long as she is candid about it. Though, she probably won't be making much money at a job that doesn't drug test, but that's where my job as a lab techie for an oil company comes in So, drug use wouldn't bother me, but drug abuse is a whole different story.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion is stay clear of topic, and everyone knows that. So uh.....no more of that. =]

Before we're dating: They have to have the same ideologies as me. People can have whatever ideologies they want and I'm completely tolerant of it, doesn't mean I'd want to date them. They also have to at least be willing to put up with my gaming addiction/movie and music choices/bad habits. Their bad habits dont really bother me as long as they're laid back, intelligent, and mature.

After we're dating: Cheat on me and we're over forever, no second chances. Besides just changing drastically and doing something overly uncharacteristic shit doesn't bother me.

Smoking, heavy tattoos or excessive piercings would probably rule someone out. Foul breath = can't stand being around you, and tattoos or piercings make me cringe just looking at them. Even earrings to some extent.

Chuck in some anti-social conditions of mine on that pile and you can guess how many relationships I've had.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-01-27 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoking, by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

-If she supports Sarah Silverman in any way.

That's the only real deal-breaker for me I think. Almost anything else I can cope with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealbreaker.. if I find out she is or was a he.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Smoking/Drugs would be a no for me. Drinking depends, preferable not much (since I don't drink and don't want to take care of you while you are drunk).

#1 - Cheating.

- Incapable of having a proper discussion without getting angry.
    - Bad breath.
    - Overly zealous about something to an annoying point (Animals, veganism, left-wing, religion, etc. Yes, I know a hen laid this egg. If you don't want to eat it, fine. But I do)
    - Unable to fathom the notion of needing alone-time, even in a relationship.

Deleted
    Okay Didn't know what a "deal breaker" was

For me, the most irritating thing of all is the insecurity, neediness and clingy behaviour. If I get a whiff of that, then I am done.

Oh and a small dick

Time to move on..

Inability to talk about important relationship issues. If you don't feel comfortable enough with me to tell me how you feel about certain things, like whether you think I'm being overly dermanding, then I don't want to deal with it. On that same note, if you can't handle me telling you about things that bother me, such as not answering when I ask questions, then that's a deal-breaker. Yes, I have recent, now resolved, issues >.>

Relationships don't do well if there's no communication.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Hmmm... I guess I've quite a few deal breakers, mostly because I'm only interested in serious relationships. Not going to date someone I can't see myself having a future with.

Cheating, or having cheated on a previous partner.
    Not getting along with my family. They're the most important people to me, and you're going to be spending a lot of time with them, so things will go a lot smoother if you enjoy your time.
    Not wanting kids.
    Not standing my dogs. You don't need to love them like I do, but me asking you to take them out every once in a while shouldn't be a huge issue either.
    Smoking/ doing drugs. I can stand my friends smoking tobacco and pot, but I'm not going to do either of those nor do I want to live with someone who does.
    Alcohol abuse.
    Violent behavior.
    Being too close to my friends. It's nice if you get along, but if we've had an argument and you're calling MY best friend to feel better, we have an issue.
    Not having same goals in life. I'm only looking for a long term partner, and if you're going to move to India and I want to stay with my family, it won't work.
    No future; ie. you have no idea what you want from your life; you don't study and either don't work or hate the place you're working in but have no plans to change things etc.
    Reckless use of money. You don't have to be very strict about it, but spending more than you earn and not being able to save money when needed are not good signs.

Deleted
    This is an incomplete list, but when they don't accept the fact that i like anime/manga or video/computer games. They don't have to like it, but at least accept that i'm into it. Other turn offs is being an extreme feminist, to many piercings or tattoos, to obese (chubby is fine), stds, way to emotional and bad hygiene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Inb4 "Anal"
    Why would that be one of them? As long as the approach is nice and easy and with the right mood + a lot of patience it can be a great experience for both partners.. And if they haven't done it yet, why not try it at least once before hating it so much that you break up with your partner over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Dear girls. Deal breakers ahead.
    -Plays Horde
    FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

so besides the obvious cheating, it would be gross feet. keep up with yourself please

I have a couple

Alcoholic
    Smoker
    Liar
    Cheater - Either on me or a past partner
    Kids
    Thief
    Drugs
    Gambling Addict
    Criminal
    Clingy
    Controlling
    Abusive
    STDs
    Rough - known as Bogan in my country, redneck in US...

Yeah... only a couple lol

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The obvious one is weight/fitness. I wouldn't ever date someone that was out of shape, and I would split with someone that got out of shape while we were together.

Most dealbreakers are things I'd be aware of before we were in a relationship though (fitness, intelligence, compatibility in bed), so it's hard some single thing to be during a relationship.
    Right so the love of your life you marry begins to put on weight, time to divorce?

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 12:04 PM ----------

For me it would be smoking and drugs (weed exempt unless it's an addiction) That's really about it... if I go out on a date with a guy and he's like really flamboyant he would probably be permanent friend zoned.

Smoking, overtly racist, extremely religious, drug addict, alcoholic. Two of these are redundant but I felt they needed to be separated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right so the love of your life you marry begins to put on weight, time to divorce?[COLOR="red"]
    The love of his life wouldn't put on weight.

Someone who If I make fun of em, they won't get all offended.
    Someone who is willing to discuss religion/politics/ etc and not be steaming when its over if we disagree.
    Too much makeup, or strange colored makeup... I'm weird like that.

Man this thread is depressing. people giving up relationships for absolutley minor flaws.