Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People who don't like animals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The obvious one is weight/fitness. I wouldn't ever date someone that was out of shape, and I would split with someone that got out of shape while we were together.

Most dealbreakers are things I'd be aware of before we were in a relationship though (fitness, intelligence, compatibility in bed), so it's hard some single thing to be during a relationship.
    So if your wife/husband gains a little weight after 30 years of marriage, BAM insta quit? Sounds reasonable.

For me I can't really tell. The biggest no go would be acting/thinking badly about friends/family. Rest is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny the Ginger View Post
    So if your wife/husband gains a little weight after 30 years of marriage, BAM insta quit? Sounds reasonable.
    Little weight? No. Goes full on obese? Yes.

As someone who really has no problem being single, lots of things are deal breakers for me in relationships.

- a cheating or promiscuous history
    - heavy alcohol or any drug use
    - an obsession with social life
    - intolerance of my more laid back lifestyle
    - trying to keep me from having friends
    - not being attractive to me
    - princess complex or drama queen
    - being too controlling
    - unwilling to work for anything
    - wants kids (this one severely limits my options, but it is probably the most important)

I could easily go on, but pretty much anything that causes conflict will send me running. Why be with someone that causes me problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny the Ginger View Post
    I don't think I'd be marrying someone that doesn't care about their appearance.

Your use of a "a little weight" rather than continuing with the phrase I used ("out of shape") is deceitful and obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    The usual stuff... if they're out of shape or fat, that's a no go since fitness is a big role in my life... they can't be overly biased... I hate biased people for the very reason that most of their kind whether it be heavily conservative or heavily liberal... both sides don't know how to come to a consensus, both parties will argue until the other side sees that their view is the correct one... She has to be able to take the good and bad from every aspect and come to a logical conclusion... She can't be irrational... I hate it when people think the best solution is the quickest... sometimes it is, but it's best to properly think things through. I don't like spontaneous people... I want there to be a plan and organized... or else you risk the chance of suffering boredom. She can't hate drugs... because people who hate drugs are illogical... hating a drug doesn't do anything... saying you won't take a drug is different. She can smoke weed, that's fine... but other drugs are a no no... including prescription pills. She can't always be looking for sympathy... it's like yelling "Wolf"... the more you keep saying your day is bad... the less likely I'm able to give you the proper sympathy if something really bad happens... example... if she comes home acting like her day was the worst when all that happens was someone cut her off on her way to work, then she's out the door... I don't like to hand out sympathy unless it's needed... like if she lost her mom or dad or someone she loved... or her pet died, something that actually requires REAL sympathy. I think that's about it... oh... they have to be normal... can't be all crazy and loud in public... If you want to be an adult, act like it, don't claim to be one then act like a child while holding hands on the street... cutsie stuff like skipping is acceptable (I won't of course), but drawing attention because you want it... well I don't sit with that, I like flying under the radar.

Call me picky... I just want a simple girl.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

i think a lot of people are listing things which are simply their criteria for what they find appealing/unappealing in another person, which IMO is counter to the point of the thread.
    i take the question to be "if every other factor were positive - attraction, personality, general compatibility, etc - what would make you turn down an otherwise ideal seeming mate?"

for me it's a short list:
    kids, or the intention to ever have them
    drug use, of any kind
    belief in god or any kind of spirituality

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the question posed in this thread is ... say you've been dating someone for a while, and they do something that would just make you walk out the door and not come back. It's not so much what are your turn-offs, but something that would cause immediate departure.

I don't think I can even say mine because of the sexual nature lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I don't think I can even say mine because of the sexual nature lol
    You can always whisper it.

10+ Year Old Account
    a penis ..

Not liking dogs

and/or

liking cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not liking dogs

and/or

liking cats.
    See post 21 thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i think a lot of people are listing things which are simply their criteria for what they find appealing/unappealing in another person, which IMO is counter to the point of the thread.
    i take the question to be "if every other factor were positive - attraction, personality, general compatibility, etc - what would make you turn down an otherwise ideal seeming mate?"

for me it's a short list:
    kids, or the intention to ever have them
    drug use, of any kind
    belief in god or any kind of spirituality
    So basically Mormonism without the god? No drugs... no caffeine, no alcohol, no illegal substances. Why not just convert? Finding your partner would take days after announcing your faith... mormons are all over the place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 10:49 AM ----------

Not liking dogs

and/or

liking cats.
    Liking and wanting are 2 different things... I like both, but I'd only want to own a Dog... cats are annoying to own, but going to someones house who owns one and petting it here and there is enough for me.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    See post 21 thx.
    Not all animals are worth liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think I'd be marrying someone that doesn't care about their appearance.

Your use of a "a little weight" rather than continuing with the phrase I used ("out of shape") is deceitful and obnoxious.
    I've seen several people post "out of shape." Define what "out of shape" means to you. As in they are fat? Or literally, they haven't worked out in 3 months so they are technically out of shape physical fitness wise. There's quite the difference there. Personally, I'm not fat and look fine but I am no means "in shape" any more because I haven't worked out in a while.

Smoking
    Drugs
    Controlling
    Infidelity
    Doesn't like animals (more specifically cats)
    Abusive (as in you hit me once and I'm gone and calling the police)
    Lack of hygiene
    Lack of clear direction or goals in life
    Friends and family do not like him (Usually, if no one out of the people who cares about you likes the person that's a BIG red flag that something is wrong)
    Lots of tattoos and piercings (1 or 2 I can deal with but not when most of your body is covered in that)
    Excessive drinking (as in you get consistently drunk every weekend)
    Not intelligent (I deal with stupid people out in the general public, I don't need to come home to it)

This is list a moot point as I'm married, but that's what I looked for.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2013-01-26 at 07:00 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So basically Mormonism without the god? No drugs... no caffeine, no alcohol, no illegal substances. Why not just convert? Finding your partner would take days after announcing your faith... mormons are all over the place.
    Mormonism doesn't really go along so well with not wanting to have kids.

I've been on dating sites lately, and I've found that when browsing someone's profile I'll have this sort of internal conversation:

'Hm, she seems nice, we share some interests, ok... Oh, smoking? Nope, no thanks, leaving now.'

Can't stand it, at all. So I guess if I was in a relationship with someone and they started smoking... Well, depends on how serious it was. I'd definitely try to get them to stop before it gets out of hand though.

As for a less 'shallow' reason... Someone who has no motivation. I broke up with my most recent ex for this reason. I just realised one day that she was going nowhere, would never achieve anything, and I'd always have to be looking after her instead of the relationship being of two equals. That was the deal breaker there.

If the relationship had already started? Then these would make me say "I'm done" and walk away:
    She starts smoking/drinking/doing any kind of drug (yes, even pot)
    She gets her belly button pierced. That is one of the ABSOLUTE worst things a woman could do.
    She gets her "lady parts" pierced. It's along the same lines as the one above.
    She would look like she would weigh more than me if she was a dude. I'm a bit overweight, and I wouldn't mind if she was as well. But if she would end up looking like she would weigh more than me if she was a dude, then I would call it quits unless she actively tries to remedy that (as I plan to do).
    She makes her breasts bigger. I prefer the smaller ones.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. I am picky when it comes to a girl's stomach. I absolutely loathe them to pierce their belly button. It looks disgusting to me. Of course, from the neck down, I find the stomach to be the sexiest part of a woman.

Edit: And one more thing: She ever says "it's either me or the dogs". If a woman ever said that to me, I would physically pick her up and throw her out of my house and out of my life.
    Last edited by Pachycrocuta; 2013-01-26 at 07:00 PM.

Not all animals are worth liking.
    Pretty much anything in rodentia.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Pretty much anything in rodentia.
    I don't know. Hamsters are cute. I have had a few when I was younger than 10. The little bastards hurt like a mother fucker when they bite you, though.