Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Now lets be honest and frank. We both (talking directly to the OP) know that whatever droplets she is taking is going to be doing nothing for her diet. It'll achieve nothing whether she was taking it not, that at least is the scientific view of the situation.

But what if the drops are doing something for her? What is the drops are a mechanism that she uses to help her lose the weight? What if taking away the drops she takes, makes her believe there is no way she could lose the weight, and she stops her dieting.

Sometimes, Science tries to look for the answers in hard physical evidence, and people blindly follow it. Science fails to take into account the personal implications of many of these matters.

Maybe she needs the ignorance to continue her diet, otherwise she'll quit and regain the weight...?
    So in other words, what if she is mentally weak? Is it OK to scam people by telling them that "drink this water.... oh, and eat this diet and you will lose weight"? They'd be a lot better off being told: eat better an exercise.

In my mind it's not right. For a couple reasons:
    A) Starvation diets are bad for your health.
    B) Lying about cause is never a good thing to do, even if it inspires confidence.

If you can't properly manage your weight on your own without believing in some "miracle water", then you are weak, ignorant, and deserve to be fat. It's just another form of the 'victim mentality', and I really detest that mentality. People are always looking to point blame at anyone but themselves for situations they can control.

If you're fat it's almost certainly your fault. No amount of acai-berry extract rubbing cream or mojo-juice will change that.

Deleted
    Also, starvation diets actually make you gain weight medium-term. They endanger your health and can result in serious long-term health problems, and they make you fatter than you were before. So it's basically lots of risks for no gain or negative gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Also, starvation diets actually make you gain weight medium-term. They endanger your health and can result in serious long-term health problems, and they make you fatter than you were before. So it's basically lots of risks for no gain or negative gain.
    Totally agree with ichime . What are you gonna eat all day that is 500 calories ? Any lunch is like 350 and that doesn't even cover your daily needs in vitamins and other nutrients . Seriously she must stop this for her own good .

By the way ... how much does she weigh now ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.