10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Will Woes... any advice?

Team is currently 7/16 Heroic, and pretty much everyone wants to get Will down so we can get at least one Cutting Edge Achievement.

Our make up is:

Guardian Druid
    Protection Paladin**
    Enhancement Shaman (I can go Elemental...but I've never played it)
    Discipline Priest
    Mistweaver Monk
    Windwalker Monk (Can go Brewmaster)
    Shadow Priest**
    Affliction Warlock
    Balance Druid

**The Paladin can go Ret and the Shadow Priest can go Blood DK** Would this help at all, or hinder?

We're really having a problem with control. Pretty much what's happening is, we at first had the Windwalker monk go Brewmaster and tank the Strengths, but we eventually had him go back to Windwalker after a while and he still stuck on the Strengths. The problem here is they were taking a while to die.

Myself, the Enhancement, was pretty much full duty Rages. I had Glyph of Capacitor Totem and Earth Grab and was trying to Root and Stun them as much as possible and then we'd either Soak their sparks or kill them. Unfortunately the problem we had here, is that they'd either spawn away from each other and I couldn't stun, or they would both focus me and wreck me, or they'd flee before we could kill them -- Especially during Courages.

From what I hear, it gets a lot easier once you get through the first 6 sets of Rages, and you get a small break.

Any tips? Is there anything we can change?
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Sounds like your problem is low DPS on the adds. If your group can't pick it up, you could try having the balance druid and warlock help out with AoE cc on the rages.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warlock does Shadowfury when Capacitor is oncool down, and the Balance does Ursol's Vortex and Typhoon as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    We're really having a problem with control. Pretty much what's happening is, we at first had the Windwalker monk go Brewmaster and tank the Strengths, but we eventually had him go back to Windwalker after a while and he still stuck on the Strengths. The problem here is they were taking a while to die.
    No reason to go BrM, they don't melee swing. Just give him some time because WW doesnt have a +threat stance then dot cleave onto them. It's all we did way back when, when we first killed it.

Make sure you guys are abusing dot cleaving. Are you snaring/rooting the rages? Mushroom snares are a good example.
    Our warlock also used glyphed exhaustion on the courages before they threw the shield up. 70% snare made it significantly easier.

From what I hear, it gets a lot easier once you get through the first 6 sets of Rages, and you get a small break.
    There is a break period, but it's more of a burn/mana regen phase if anything

The only reason it gets easier is because once you figure out the fight you down it.

My own group didn't manage an attempt sub-85%, then everything snapped together and we downed it.

Have both monks spec Diffuse magic and glyph for Zen Meditation. Your lock should have Dark Bargain. You don't have a terrible soaking comp but any comp without a hunter will have it mildly harder.

Your dps monk should be able to handle all strengths + courages. For rage sparks go MW monk->Spriest->Monk, with warlock and druid being backup soakers.

Edit: They don't spawn too far apart. Make sure all of your casters are stacked, and not just kind of stacked, 100% stacked. You should move backward toward the console in a straight line if you need to kite and not dance around the circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been so many other threads, just like this, in the past week. I suggest you search through those and try to compare it to your own issues.

agree 100% with isiiuldur. once you figure the fight out its rinse and repeat.

2 rages
    strength
    2 rages
    courage
    2 rages + strength

exact same order every time. figure out a good rotation and stick to it, youll be right as rain. make sure your dps are blowing cds to finish off that last rages + strength wave. wipes are often caused by a death to those adds, then the group just gets overwhelmed on the next set of waves.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, I forgot to mention we have a HUNTER too lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    There have been so many other threads, just like this, in the past week. I suggest you search through those and try to compare it to your own issues.
    Most popular thread topic >.> easily

My bad, I forgot to mention we have a HUNTER too lol...
    Your hunter and spriest can handle practically all of the rages. Windwalker can get courages/strengths, and have your lock, mistweaver, and druid set as backup, preferably in that order.

Edit: Tell your hunter to spec for 1-minute deterrence. He can soak every other wave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    The only reason it gets easier is because once you figure out the fight you down it.

My own group didn't manage an attempt sub-85%, then everything snapped together and we downed it.
    This.

We downed heroic will in one night of attempts, think we had one wipe around 20%ish, the rest were all pretty early wipes. Eventually we figured out how to soak / control adds and suddenly the fight was easy.

You need to

a) Figure out how you're killing adds, do rages need to be killed at the same time so the sparks they spawn can be soaked at the same time, or do you need to CC 1 kill 1 -> soak, kill the other?

b) Figure out who's soaking what. Everyone who can soak should he prepared to. As a warlock I soaked every courage spark, one with dark bargain and then the other with UR + A druid dmg reduction CD. We had a rogue soaking every rage and a hunter and spriest doing most strengths with other people taking over if they didn't have a CD up iirc.

It's entirely down to figuring out how your soaking + add killing rotation works.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got pissed and decided to go get Heroic Garalon instead. Still a new boss this week, just not the one we intended lol.

Yeah our enh shaman was able to solo the strs, he was on them full time but he did it so, that may be the issue? and yeah it gets way easier one the first break hits.

Deleted
    Frost trap beneath the Rages. Use stuns to minimize damage, but focus on dps and getting the rages killed close together and roughly at the same time.
    Set up a rotation for who does which soak, and keep track of the backups in case you get rage sparks that are too far apart. Spriests and Hunters are pretty awesome for rotational soaks.

The Strengths take a while, yes. Nobody cares as long as it goes down before the next Strength spawns. Dropping dots on it together with the melee "tank" dps should get it down in time. (note: the Strengths don't do melee attacks, only their circle stun. So you can let a cloth tank them if you want. Just keep running out the circle and stay near him).

As a rule, dps will only touch the bosses when all adds are down. There is a set pattern to the spawns so you'll know when those phases arrive and can burn Hero on it. By far most boss damage will come from the tanks.

Deleted
    Note that enhance can also soak every other spark with SR and Astral Shift. Glyph HST so a tick of it gives you the NR buff just before you soak and it's comfortable. With a PW:S from the priest you take very little damage

Quite useful if you end up becoming the str tank