Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Because Microsoft gives no shit to utilities coming with OS. Have you ever seen a good Windows utility software?
    Notepad is insane and so is the calculator.
    And the Defrag tool ? ITS SO PRETTY

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Does anyone else find it funny that Microsoft feels a need to advertise a program that comes free with literally all of their operating systems? Who are they marketing it to?
    The people who only ever use IE to download an installer for Firefox/Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Does anyone else find it funny that Microsoft feels a need to advertise a program that comes free with literally all of their operating systems? Who are they marketing it to?
    Nobody, they just spend money on it for tax purposes.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I hear the new one isn't so bad anymore but what is the point of trying to advertise it?
    Hi Sephurik

The reason I dislike Internet Explorer is because it actually forms part of your Desktop, the Explorer.exe.

Explorer is the entire Desktop System. It allows you to, funnily enough, explore your computer. That said, several years back Microsoft had the great idea of embedding the two, making Explorer & Internet Explorer work together.

While they were two separate programes, this meant that in most cases, if one failed so did the other. Numerous times my Internet Explorer would crash, and my whole Desktop would crash also, forcing me to run a new explorer.exe from the Task Manager.

Bad design from the software engineers, not to mention its inbuilt security systems suck and it looks horrible. I use Firefox, Chrome & Safari.

Explorer and Internet Explorer are completely different things...

Explorer is just the shell.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Explorer and Internet Explorer are completely different things...

Explorer is just the shell.
    And if you actually read the post, I said: While they were two separate programes, this meant that in most cases, if one failed so did the other.

10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one that thinks this commercial doesn't have much to do with IE?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    And if you actually read the post, I said: While they were two separate programes, this meant that in most cases, if one failed so did the other.
    I did read it which is why I was doing a sideways head tilt and wondering what it had to do with anything. The Shell failing has little to do with IE, or if IE causes the shell to fail and so on...

Everything "works" with the shell one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I did read it which is why I was doing a sideways head tilt and wondering what it had to do with anything. The Shell failing has little to do with IE, or if IE causes the shell to fail and so on...

Everything "works" with the shell one way or another.
    And I am saying that Microsoft made the integration between Explorer & Internet Explorer much stronger, and now it is at a point where if one fails, so does the other, while this isn't the case for many other programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    And I am saying that Microsoft made the integration between Explorer & Internet Explorer much stronger, and now it is at a point where if one fails, so does the other, while this isn't the case for many other programmes.
    Can't say I agree with that if anything the integration has been all but eliminated as a result of continued anti-trust issues since IE4 and IE 5. But it's not really important anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The newer internet explorers aren't bad
    In many ways the newest beats firefox, though I think chrome is still superior. The issue you might be having is just getting used to using a different browser. I just recently switched from firefox to chrome and found chrome annoying in a lot of aspects at first but I've grown accustomed to the layout now and figured out how to do things I initially though chrome was just missing.

I just can't see how people like how slow IE is. Also I'm not sure how that advertisement for the new IE is suppose to help. Saying you suck less now?

This is relevant

I don't know what the deal is with IE... it really does suck in comparison. I haven't used it fully since the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's your own fault for using IE.
    he says in his quote he's forced to use it since he has to do online homework and no other program will work with it. also now i know what to get semaphore for her birthday......i.e. 10.j/king.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Update to 9 or 10 and see all problems fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerros View Post
    it keeps crashing and its slow.

I love when people blatantly lie to try to make their opinion seem more creditable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I love when people blatantly lie to try to make their opinion seem more creditable.
    except schools often use much older versions of internet explorer so it could actually be true. the older versions are really really slow.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    except schools often use much older versions of internet explorer so it could actually be true. the older versions are really really slow.
    I could be wrong here, but no one forced his school to go with IE platform for working from home or whatever he's doing. They chose IE, their design/programming department could made it for Firefox or whatever. He should maybe take it up with his school if he doesn't like it - instead of coming here to cry about IE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I could be wrong here, but no one forced his school to go with IE platform for working from home or whatever he's doing. They chose IE, their design/programming department could made it for Firefox or whatever. He should maybe take it up with his school if he doesn't like it - instead of coming here to cry about IE.
    1. he stated in his post he's FORCED to use it since his online homework tool is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH INTERNET EXPLORER. 2. most schools don't bother using alternative browsers i assume since it would save time rather than having to change every computers default browser to firefox when they can just keep the standard internet explorer that comes with the computer and works ok.3. his school won't do anything if he complains about it. also most schools do not like students who mess around with computer settings unless they are allowed to do so by the school i.e. they work for them.(the college i go to will kick you out and ban you from the cafe if they catch you changing settings.)