Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Yep they would (and Dio).

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Another reason why I hate it when people bring up the gear issue is that when ever did you face people in full elite in 3v3??? Better question, how were you in worse gear, but had an MMR high enough to face teams in full elite... oh you didn't? That's because you're bad and playing at 1400 rating, fighting people who have the same gear as you... Complaining about gear is out of the equation when you're fighting people equally geared... the only time you'll fight those who have better gear is in BG's and balancing PvP around BG's is just as illogical as eating fast food when you're already overweight. If that's your arguing point... running into elite geared people in BG's... then you really need to keep your mouth shut... And more importantly, you need to know that even without that elite gear... that player will still destroy you because they comprehend the game more than you... enough to put them at a rating high enough to get elite. But like I said earlier... a bad player will always come up with an excuse IE he has better gear... to all you bad players... get better instead of complaining... that's the very reason why I hate WoW... horrid feedback from bad players in which the dev team listens to.
    what about 3s teams that have warriors that got their t2 in rbgs, and sit around the 17-1800s

  3. #23
    The simple answer is yes. The multi glad/R1/tourny level players have done it for many seasons with the same class, or multiple classes, despite how their class was on the preverbial "wow pvp totem". If you need proof, there were several (not gonna look up the actual number so dont ask) resto druids who got glad in cata. They were the worst healing class by a long shot. The major problem with gear discrepency happens at the 1500-2100 level. This problem has only been made worst by RBGs, and how much easier it is to get T2 compared to arena. Speaking from the point of view of someone who quit at the start of MoP, and came back a month ago, I would love to have equal gear as the people who have been playing since launch. I just cant reach the rating I know I could if I wasnt in mostly dreadful, and not even T1 weapons yet. Fact of the matter is that WoW is a MMO,and a core part of any MMO is gear progression and I accept that ill be behind till next season.

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Another reason why I hate it when people bring up the gear issue is that when ever did you face people in full elite in 3v3??? Better question, how were you in worse gear, but had an MMR high enough to face teams in full elite... oh you didn't? That's because you're bad and playing at 1400 rating, fighting people who have the same gear as you... Complaining about gear is out of the equation when you're fighting people equally geared... the only time you'll fight those who have better gear is in BG's and balancing PvP around BG's is just as illogical as eating fast food when you're already overweight. If that's your arguing point... running into elite geared people in BG's... then you really need to keep your mouth shut... And more importantly, you need to know that even without that elite gear... that player will still destroy you because they comprehend the game more than you... enough to put them at a rating high enough to get elite. But like I said earlier... a bad player will always come up with an excuse IE he has better gear... to all you bad players... get better instead of complaining... that's the very reason why I hate WoW... horrid feedback from bad players in which the dev team listens to.
    The last time I faced a team with T2 in 3v3? It was 2 days ago at 1600mmr. RBGs have made it too easy for people who are not 2200 skilled(not saying I am, im a ~1900 player) to get T2. If you hate wow so much like you say, why are you on a wow thread telling people to shut their mouth

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Another reason why I hate it when people bring up the gear issue is that when ever did you face people in full elite in 3v3??? Better question, how were you in worse gear, but had an MMR high enough to face teams in full elite... oh you didn't? That's because you're bad and playing at 1400 rating, fighting people who have the same gear as you... Complaining about gear is out of the equation when you're fighting people equally geared... the only time you'll fight those who have better gear is in BG's and balancing PvP around BG's is just as illogical as eating fast food when you're already overweight. If that's your arguing point... running into elite geared people in BG's... then you really need to keep your mouth shut... And more importantly, you need to know that even without that elite gear... that player will still destroy you because they comprehend the game more than you... enough to put them at a rating high enough to get elite. But like I said earlier... a bad player will always come up with an excuse IE he has better gear... to all you bad players... get better instead of complaining... that's the very reason why I hate WoW... horrid feedback from bad players in which the dev team listens to.
    I actually did face quite a bunch of full elite geared people on my half blue feral, I faced swapxy's team 4 times at 2170ish mmr oomed his paladin and didn't have enough pressure to score a kill 3 times, the 4th time we went mongo on the pala and lost in a record 29 seconds, I've faced braindeadly's team 3 times at the same mmr, and I lost due to myself being completely unable to do counter pressure which is possible with gear on ANY feral druid, the sole fact that I see people that don't even know that cyclone on 2 targets makes one of them get out of it get to almost glad rating just because of the gear justifies that fact-This season is about gear, so will the next, but it is damn balanced if anything.
    Oh and, I've faced more than enough full elite warriors in the 1800's while I was getting rating, so don't make me laugh with your "how did you get MMR" bullshit, because my dear sir I'm the caliber of player that does the bullshit work(kill link, kill psyfiend, save disorient for aura mastery, warstomp swaps etc.) and just keeps going even if his chances of actually winning are poor and at best mediocre, and even comps I counter feel hard to beat because of my retardedly low pressure, not to mention that I ABSOLUTELY MUST and I MEAN MUST have a full elite dps with me to compete(Hint: Warrior) GEAR MATTERS.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    I actually did face quite a bunch of full elite geared people on my half blue feral, I faced swapxy's team 4 times at 2170ish mmr oomed his paladin and didn't have enough pressure to score a kill 3 times, the 4th time we went mongo on the pala and lost in a record 29 seconds, I've faced braindeadly's team 3 times at the same mmr, and I lost due to myself being completely unable to do counter pressure which is possible with gear on ANY feral druid, the sole fact that I see people that don't even know that cyclone on 2 targets makes one of them get out of it get to almost glad rating just because of the gear justifies that fact-This season is about gear, so will the next, but it is damn balanced if anything.
    Oh and, I've faced more than enough full elite warriors in the 1800's while I was getting rating, so don't make me laugh with your "how did you get MMR" bullshit, because my dear sir I'm the caliber of player that does the bullshit work(kill link, kill psyfiend, save disorient for aura mastery, warstomp swaps etc.) and just keeps going even if his chances of actually winning are poor and at best mediocre, and even comps I counter feel hard to beat because of my retardedly low pressure, not to mention that I ABSOLUTELY MUST and I MEAN MUST have a full elite dps with me to compete(Hint: Warrior) GEAR MATTERS.
    Feral meh, most OP class this late season.

    I played warlock at 2.1k rating, in our team nobody had t2 and we couldn't progress. Gear should not limit progression when you have the skill to reach 2.2k.

  6. #26
    Yes, at those rankings gear is essentially equal. By then the outcome is determined mostly by Blizz' shitty balancing, unless everyone is playing the same comps (which they pretty much are), then it's about luck and the amount of focus macros you have.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Yes, at those rankings gear is essentially equal. By then the outcome is determined mostly by Blizz' shitty balancing, unless everyone is playing the same comps (which they pretty much are), then it's about luck and the amount of focus macros you have.
    Nah I had it easier vs. mirror kittycleaves beating 3/4 current 2.4k kittycleaves with my superior knowledge of the combo, but I have no answer to some godcomps and absolutely 0 answers to KFC if I don't have the burst to kill in a single cyclone after 2 detterances(which is how you do that)
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Haha that's so illogical to perceive that those who are high ranked are only there because of their gear... everyone had the chance to get where they were... and it's not like they're maintaining that rating while fighting 1300 baddies, they're fighting the same teams every day, multiple times.
    let me remind you that this change is made specifically for those who don't have enough time to play but are skilled whatsoever...
    Let me remind you that glads get their top ratings then sit on them till the end of the season,mostly.
    And if you wanna prove you're good at pvp,show me why there are so many scrubs with T2/elite without having even a 2k achievement...douche
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudle View Post
    let me remind you that this change is made specifically for those who don't have enough time to play but are skilled whatsoever...
    Let me remind you that glads get their top ratings then sit on them till the end of the season,mostly.
    And if you wanna prove you're good at pvp,show me why there are so many scrubs with T2/elite without having even a 2k achievement...douche
    can I +rep here?
    quoting this guy for truth
    and to add my own input I'll add that it's my own fault I didn't play at the start of the season but then again it's also my fault for being unable to utilize the current FoTM of SP/Rsham/Feral(which I should do) and tbh that's how you start solving most of your arena problems, try blaming yourself more and you will prosper- I guarantee it.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

  10. #30
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,953
    Alot of them would for sure, but there are some who (Rogues & Mages) wouldn't be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •