Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Shadowschoeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    70

    Angry If I see another "want TBC or WOTLK back!" Thread...

    In all honesty, I don't quite understand it.

    I mean sure, Burning Crusade was awesome, But there are some parts I'd much rather forget... And definitely, I for one, am glad that the game as progressed past those infuriating moments.

    Do you remember; Blind spots? Ah yes. This was the worst thing in the game, Unless you were a rogue or a druid. You could never lose to another melee class , or hunters, simply because you stay in their blind spot, and then they can't do anything, So you dash in, apply bleeds and poisons, and then dance around in there blind spot and watch them die.

    Warlock Chain Fear; I play a warlock as my main, and I'm glad they've changed this. In TBC it was horrible and stupid. People are stupid if they want this back. Honestly.

    Chain CC in Arena; THIS. Remember Priest/Rogue Combos? That's not even funny, Fear, Silence, Stun, Fear, Stun, Stun, Fear, Dead. Easy as that, And Unless your team is a rogue and a priest too, and even then, if they outgeared you. you lost.

    So, Discuss,.
    What are your WORST memories from TBC and WOTLK, And let's put an end to wanting Nostalgia.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans icausewipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Medusa Cascade
    Posts
    2,566
    Not being able to raid or get into dungeons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSaTHsHNsc
    Greatest Dr Who video ever made.

  3. #3
    Nostalgia is a seductive liar.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Craakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland/Denmark
    Posts
    880
    Came here misunderstanding the meaning, so yeah I agree. But as far as story goes, i'd totally support a Scourge/Lich King themed expansion in the future, loved the story.

  5. #5
    I really liked TBC and WOLTK and really dislike Cata, MoP is pretty good but i wouldnt put it ahead of TBC or WOTLK tho. My only complaint from TBC was all the stun procs from mace rogues and warriors in pvp

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    947
    You think the BC Chains was worse than it is now? I'm guessing you haven't played much arena this expansion?

    People's opinions won't be swayed by a negative thread regarding the same topic to which you're so opposed. I remember one of my first experiences with Shattered Halls was literally an all nighter run with my dad and his bad guild mates, we were all rubbish and it literally took us until the sun was up to complete it. That was nostalgia and I'd never want to go through that again, but I enjoyed it for what it was. A social experience and somewhat of a journey, something the 10 minute dungeon zergs of today would never consider doing.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire xcureanddisease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    460
    Just so that I understand where this thread is going, you created this thread out of frustration of the 100+ threads on the same subject and your plan is to stop them all by adding yet another thread to that? That's like starting a movement to preserve virginity by having sex.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowschoeman View Post
    , And let's put an end to wanting Nostalgia.
    Are you on a crusade ? those things do not end well most of the time.

    I'm not gonna talked about what my worst memories from WOTLK because it was the worst expansion as far as I'm concerned (so there would be too many worst memories).

    One things I disliked about TBC was obviously rogues stunlock, the overall imbalances of classes, of the fact that certains specs were obviously bad at something and it was working as intented (say for exemple, Ret pve).
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  9. #9
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,569
    As some poster once said "Back in my time we had better nostalgia"

    I think WotLK was the time when I made my reputation on this forum for sucking up to everything Blizzard did, because I defended WotLK against the people who hated it. Nowadays we see more and more people rating WotLK as one of their favorite x-pacs (not the same people obviously)

    But...hell...believe it or not, there were threads who claimed all the changes in TBC would kill the game and AoC and WAR are the games that would destroy WoW because of it.

    While I don't think Cata will ever be up there as a contender for best x-pac, I think MoP can get there. So 3 x-pacs from now, I am afraid you will see "Bring back the good old times of MoP and WotLK xpac" threads...

    So..my worst memories:

    TBC: Levelling alts and never be able to get past Kara because of attunements that needed raidparticipation (and there weren't really alt or PuG raids that worked out)

    WotLK: Nothing really...I got do do what I couldn't in TBC...mainchanged to tank and raided on 4 toons as tank, healer and dps. Even ToC wasn't so bad, because that was when we had a tight knit 10 man grp that managed the "Tribute to Insanity" achievement

    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Just so that I understand where this thread is going, you created this thread out of frustration of the 100+ threads on the same subject and your plan is to stop them all by adding yet another thread to that? That's like starting a movement to preserve virginity by having sex.
    I'd join that movement....
    Last edited by det; 2013-04-24 at 08:26 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  10. #10
    Field Marshal Shadowschoeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    You think the BC Chains was worse than it is now? I'm guessing you haven't played much arena this expansion?

    People's opinions won't be swayed by a negative thread regarding the same topic to which you're so opposed. I remember one of my first experiences with Shattered Halls was literally an all nighter run with my dad and his bad guild mates, we were all rubbish and it literally took us until the sun was up to complete it. That was nostalgia and I'd never want to go through that again, but I enjoyed it for what it was. A social experience and somewhat of a journey, something the 10 minute dungeon zergs of today would never consider doing.
    I haven't played much at all this expansion. The repetitiveness of the everything kinda bored me of the game.
    Let alone doing arena.

    In Any case, It's not so much swaying peoples opinions, it's about discussing what went wrong, and how things are better now.

  11. #11
    Doesn't want a thread about TBC or WoTLK.. Proceeds to make thread about TBC or WoTLK

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While I don't think Cata will ever be up there as a contender for best x-pac, I think MoP can get there. So 3 x-pacs from now, I am afraid you will see "Bring back the good old times of MoP and WotLK xpac" threads...
    I'd join that movement....
    See that's where the whole 'you nostalgia kids' thing broke. A lot of people, and you can go and read it on this forum said: once you are well into MOP, lots of people will be yearning for Cata and say the game was better back then. I was completely against this. Well guess what, haven't seen it once.
    Agreeing with you btw.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    You think the BC Chains was worse than it is now? I'm guessing you haven't played much arena this expansion?

    People's opinions won't be swayed by a negative thread regarding the same topic to which you're so opposed. I remember one of my first experiences with Shattered Halls was literally an all nighter run with my dad and his bad guild mates, we were all rubbish and it literally took us until the sun was up to complete it. That was nostalgia and I'd never want to go through that again, but I enjoyed it for what it was. A social experience and somewhat of a journey, something the 10 minute dungeon zergs of today would never consider doing.
    I agree a lot with this.

    First CC is probably worst now, but that's also because we got more and more cc added into the game in 3 xpacs.

    For me the decline of the experience in dungeons and their heroics version is mostly not due to LFG, but to WOLTK mindset.
    It is WOLTK that has removed the need of :
    CC
    caring about threat
    Focus fire, or only aoe when needed
    avoiding various stuff like fire

    This led to the almost entire removal of the need or even relevance of communication in a 5 man group.
    Communication in a dungeon in TBC needed not be about being social or nice, it was a strategical need to progress through the dungeon.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  14. #14
    90% of the cc now is preventable with position and good o dispels. Tbc gave every class an rng stun on their main abilities not even joking. Some Classes had random chances to just avoid cc entirely along with spell reflect meta being in the game as well.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-04-24 at 08:31 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  15. #15
    Warchief Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    2,060
    In two expansions tinme I wouldnt besurprised to see some "we want cata back" comments :P
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    I agree a lot with this.

    First CC is probably worst now, but that's also because we got more and more cc added into the game in 3 xpacs.

    For me the decline of the experience in dungeons and their heroics version is mostly not due to LFG, but to WOLTK mindset.
    It is WOLTK that has removed the need of :
    CC
    caring about threat
    Focus fire, or only aoe when needed
    avoiding various stuff like fire

    This led to the almost entire removal of the need or even relevance of communication in a 5 man group.
    Communication in a dungeon in TBC needed not be about being social or nice, it was a strategical need to progress through the dungeon.
    You have to avoid fire and focus firing still exist. Not getting your point.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    In two expansions tinme I wouldnt besurprised to see some "we want cata back" comments :P
    I thought cata was the best pvp expansion so far.
    You're right except for 2 things.

    1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

  17. #17
    Warchief Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    I thought cata was the best pvp expansion so far.
    And so it begins...
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Doesn't want a thread about TBC or WoTLK.. Proceeds to make thread about TBC or WoTLK
    oh the irony ...
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowschoeman View Post
    I haven't played much at all this expansion. The repetitiveness of the everything kinda bored me of the game.
    Let alone doing arena.

    In Any case, It's not so much swaying peoples opinions, it's about discussing what went wrong, and how things are better now.
    So you are bored of the game cause it's repetitive now, and barely played MoP and yet you claim it's better than TBC and WotLK. Okay, not sure who you are trying to convince here.

    As to my opinion, I personally thought WotLK was okay; it had great moments (Ulduar, Lich King) but also very deep lows (like ToC). TBC was just amazing all throughout but I was in a good raiding guild and that obviously influences my opinion.

    MoP so far has been very decent, definitely one of the better expansions. There are some things I really dislike, like Pokemon, dailies and LFR, but no one is forcing me to do them and so I don't. And I also realize that at least LFR and pet battles have been very popular so that shows that Blizzard made the right decision.

    People have different opinions, learn to accept that, what you like someone else might hate. With forums as diverse as these you are going to see a whole lot of different opinions; no real need to make another thread where you are trying to force down your opinion as fact.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2013-04-24 at 08:42 AM.

  20. #20
    getting in a hc dungeons as a dps was painfull.
    standing in a city for ages asking for a tank or healer! or even both.
    LFD did not excist on start of wrath

    the scryer rep grind or the aldor even.
    you could quest up to honored but after that you had to grind your way up to exalted.
    killing mobs for tokens day in and day out. sure you could buy your way up. if you were rich

    sure TBC had many good stuff, but im also glad those days are days of the past

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •