Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Would you ever tell someone their baby is ugly?

A lot of people always feel the need to be extra nice about babies in general, When they don't like kids or a kid doesen't look as cute.
    While there are cute looking babies out there some are just plain hideous!
    Would you ever tell a person their baby is ugly if you thought so when they asked you, isn't he a cutie?
    Or do you feel like you can't because its a newborn and the parents are always so proud and happy you couldn't ruin their fun!

While i find this a cute baby

This one wasn't so lucky

I myself would find it hard to tell people the truth what about you?

Edit: As someone pointed out the age diffrence between picture one and two, I added another baby wich is appearently also a newborn. It also doesen't seem to be photoshopped.
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-01-27 at 10:50 AM.

LOL, good question. To be honest, my niece was one hell of an ugly baby. I even told my sister so, and she laughed along with me. A beautiful, yet ugly baby. It's all a matter of perspective.
    Meep~

Only if the person is very close to me. If not, I'll just smile and call it pretty.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I find all babies ugly to be honest, they all look like Winston Churchill. I tend to be polite, offer a compliment then change the subject.

Well... the second one, when it grows up, might be much better looking than the first one!

As for your question, I think calling a baby ugly in front of its parents is just unacceptable...

I believe the socially accepted word is "breathtaking"

haha no i don't think i could bring myself to do it, even if it was extremely obvious xD
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Babies change FAR too fast to judge imo. When my niece was born she was disturbingly ugly. She's a few months old now and looks SO different. And can look really cute or really ugly depending on her mood. But regardless, I wouldn't tell anyone they have an ugly kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    I'm as blunt as you can get and even for me that's a bit extreme.
    Kinda weird now that I think about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    What kind of person would find any reason to do so?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the whole cute baby thing, I mean yeah the top one is cute but most I think are kinda ugly. idk must be more of a maternal instinct thing

I would never tell a parent that. I think they would be fully within their rights to punch me square in the face.

I have however had parents confess to me that they think their baby is ugly.

Its funny you pick a picture of a 5 month(est) old baby and a new born baby to compare.

yes, and i have - though, not in the context of walking around the mall and just going "wow that thing is horrible, dickface".

people have tried to shove their crotch fruit at me and coo about "oh isn't she ADORABLE" and told them my honest opinion, that it was one of the most disgusting things i'd ever seen (as all babies are) and i would drop-kick it across the room if they didn't get it away from me.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2013-01-26 at 09:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of Kramer:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    yes, and i have - though, not in the context of walking around the mall and just going "wow that thing is horrible, dickface".

people have just to shove their crotch fruit at me and coo about "oh isn't she ADORABLE" and told them my honest opinion, that it was one of the most disgusting things i'd ever seen (as all babies are) and i would drop-kick it across the room if they didn't get it away from me.
    Oo, edgy!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at a baby is like looking at old age, ironically. They look like old men and poop themselves all the time! Perspective is also a huge changer too, which you can kinda see in the OP's pictures. One is attempting to make the baby look super-cute whilst the other one isn't.

Deleted
    I hate it when people expect you to dote over their babies, thinking how cute they are. To me they are all snotty, dribbling creatures that could piss or shit themselves at any moment, not to mention vomiting over you when you pick them up. I honestly hate all children until they reach a certain level of maturity, if I cannot speak to them without treating them like a retard then I want nothing to do with them.

I wouldn't tell someone their baby is ugly, but I do think that most babies are ugly. At a certain point in their early lives, anyway.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Would never go up to someone and say, "Wow what an Ugly looking baby, Good Luck with it in the future!"

But I would definitely think it, and perhaps even mention it to to a friend if I was with one at the time of seeing the baby. Majority of Babies are downright adorable, but there's some that you just can't help but scrunch your face up at.