Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Healer only class

Am I the only one that would play a class with 3 healer specs?

The 3 specs would be different playstyle and the class would also have a few dmg spells to you could level solo.

Deleted
    Go roll a Priest

I think an all healing class would over take rogues as the least played class. lol.

I'd rock the shit out of that class, but only if they're smart about the healing style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never gonna happen after all the changes they made to make healer classes more hybridized over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandingisfun View Post
    I'd rock the shit out of that class, but only if they're smart about the healing style.
    Yup, pretty much this.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Really difficult to make it possible for them to do most quests without high enough damage to get through them in a timely manner.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Really difficult to make it possible for them to do most quests without high enough damage to get through them in a timely manner.
    I've only ever leveled as holy spec on my priest. All the way to max level with only smite, wasn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They could introduce something like Atonement for priests or w.e. the monk's ability but make it so that spec can ONLY heal like that. It'd be more of their lvling spec. But seeing as how most everyone lvls up through DF nowadays a triple healing class doesn't seem too far-fetched for them to just make one a hot, one absorb, and one power heals.

Isnt this basically a priest....and just go discipline....once you get Atonement and Evangelism you can just dps in dungeons and the damage you deal heals your party

They're having a hard time with the most recent healer spec they made, now you want them to come up with 3 more?

priests got a shadow spec because blizz didn't want a healer-only class in the first place. it's a dps game until max level, as they always say.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    They're having a hard time with the most recent healer spec they made, now you want them to come up with 3 more?
    I feel as though this is more of a for-instance type of thread than a blizzard should make this. I highly doubt blizzard would even humor the idea if brought up by one of their designers. There are already restro druids/shammies, holy priests/pallys, disc priests, and mistweaver monks. All of those healers have a different play-style that has to be balanced for both pve and pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    But seeing as how most everyone lvls up through DF nowadays a triple healing class doesn't seem too far-fetched for them to just make one a hot, one absorb, and one power heals.
    If they did that I'd totally make it my new main. o.O

My resto druid is the only healing class that I don't have up to 90 yet (she's still 85), I absolutely love my priest but while it has hots and aoe heals in holy, it's just not the same as a druid or paladin. My priest is disc/holy so it's not like it's that far-fetched for me to try to play a three spec healing class, after all, my priest does dailies and farming in disc right now.

Not that I think Blizzard would ever implement this, but it's fun to dream. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    Isnt this basically a priest....and just go discipline....once you get Atonement and Evangelism you can just dps in dungeons and the damage you deal heals your party
    This. The damage you do can heal through pretty much anything the tank/dps are being dealt whilst leveling. Also the most fun I've ever had playing a healer.

Seems a bit pointless
    You don't gain anything with a healer-only class except the headache of having to balance suddenly having 50% more healing specs available

10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely against philosophy of Blizzard.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    No new classes, please. Also, pure DPS suffer enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    They could introduce something like Atonement for priests or w.e. the monk's ability but make it so that spec can ONLY heal like that. It'd be more of their lvling spec. But seeing as how most everyone lvls up through DF nowadays a triple healing class doesn't seem too far-fetched for them to just make one a hot, one absorb, and one power heals.
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it?
    I would like to see a pure healer class as well, I think it would be fascinating and fresh. The only problem is the solo-leveling or questing. I guess they could be given a pet? A pet that is conjured out of their energy, reducing all healing they do by 60% but summons a pet that deals damage and tanks for them, while they keep this pet alive. All the way from level 1 to 90 and through every daily quest. To make it impossible to abuse in any way in PVE or PVP, the 60% healing debuff should be permanent, even if the pet dies and it cannot be unsummoned while still in combat.
    Just an idea.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Seems a bit pointless
    You don't gain anything with a healer-only class except the headache of having to balance suddenly having 50% more healing specs available
    Sounds like a good idea to me... Typical LFR Q: 2/2 tanks, 0/6 healers, 17/17 dps.

I seriously don't get how "class that can only heal" is either fascinating or fresh
    It is by definition something we already have except more so

what possible advantage would only being able to heal lend to anyone