Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

where does your avatar come from?

I'll start this thread by explaining my avatar history and why I chose this avatar recently.

my very first avatar was the illuminati diamond from dan brown. however, I changed that when the current avatar rules became active because it was oversized. I changed to Mr Smith from the matrix. then, a few months before the new year, I wanted to create a Star Wars style Batman logo, but I didn't think it worked out that well.

then, right after i returned from holiday, I got the most wondruous news from my brother. his girlfriend was pregnant and they would have a baby in September of this year. I had to keep quiet for a time because they needed to take care of some things before they could break the news to other people. they recently started spreading the news, and as a part of this, I changed my avatar to one of the most famous television uncles in Belgium: Nonkel Bob (Uncle Bob), to celebrate that i'll be an uncle before the year ends.

so, what's the story behind your avatar?
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

My avatar got tired of every day regular normal life and went to spaaaceee

He is currently on board of some battlecruiser far, far away. He sends his regards.

In all seriousness tho, im happy for ur bro.
    My SC2 stream, bitchz, love goes to Elyaan the Weird and Fantastical Unicorn.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The evil, serial killing psychopath from Monster, Johan Liebert.

There's not really much of a story behind it. I just find his psyche fascinating.

I made mine, idid it ages ago
    direct link here
    http://s2.b3ta.com/host/creative/556...aperbetter.jpg
    Last edited by Khraine; 2013-01-27 at 12:06 AM.

Not much of a story behind mine, I just found it on DeviantArt and thought it was cute :3

Posters without sigs and avatars I think aren't taken as seriously. So after my 5th post or so I Googled "Dwarf Warrior"

I swear I'll get a personal one eventually.
    Proud defender of Animal Rights, vegetarian, donor + volunteer
    "It is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done" - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I found mine on a avatar dump site years ago.

I don't really know why I became so enamored with moogles, but I did. In FF9, they're really blunt and honest. In FF12, they're more of an entire race, instead of a few random ones hanging out in places. And they're engineers, as well as Montblanc leading the Hunt Club.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Herald of the Titans Video Games's Avatar
    Not really sure what anime mine came form but she looks like a smug asshole which I am most of the time.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs6/i/200..._by_Ciamek.jpg

I change my avatars every couple of weeks depending on my current mental state (which is never stable for long). The current one is a cool Deviant art i found recently, it reminded me how much i like this band.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-01-26 at 11:56 PM.

My most recent one is from an image I found on deviantart when searching for "elements". Liked the look of what he had, changed a few colors on a couple of them, and put them in a circle pattern as the "logo" for my homebrew Pathfinder campaign. Same with my sig, only put in a line so they could be used as a sig here.

From left to right, it goes Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Life, Death, Light, Shadow. It's the elements for my campaign world (instead of the typical fire, water, earth, air).

it came from deviantart i think. hunters know what it is :P

Mine came form one of the best TV shows! Daria.

the avatars I make people are just snippets of sigs.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Mine comes from Michigan J. Frog, then I saw the Murloc that looked like him and I saw the new deathwing murloc and thought "I wonder what he would look like if he had a top hat.....So I did a horrible photoshop and this is what came out of it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Found mine on 4chan. ._.'
    Shaman Warrior Monk Rogue

Stream
    When I feel earthquake, my hand automatically go to the dick. I stroke the dick and feel I have sex with the earth. All becoming calm.

Riddle me this Batman.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I am Murloc! Ryngo Blackratchet's Avatar
    Vossler from FFXII in game art. It's not the most original thing in the world but I absolutely loved the character and the art style from the game so here we are. As for the picture in the sig... no explanation needed, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    This game attracts some of the most greedy assholes I've ever seen. It's mind boggling. They don't owe you a thing! You are the one who decides to pay them! It's a fucking video game!

Alona (MVP) from the WoW forums drew this picture of my blood elf mage. I thought it was beautiful.
    ~ In line at the post office

http://images.wikia.com/wot/images/7...27alleinir.jpg

It's an image of Perrin Aybara from the "Wheel of Time" series forging the hammer Mah'alleinir.

Shana from shakugan no shana anime. Probably my favorite anime
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

It is suppose to be a gif:

Shion from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    This part in particular; note it is rather violent.