Conductivity Viable for Elemental in 5.2?

Hi guys so considering the chain lightning change (no longer lose 30% damage vs subsequent targets) the conductivity change(allies no longer need to be within healing rain for it to work) and the 25% healing power buff, does anyone else feel that Conductivity will be the talent of choice for pvp? at least as far as RBG goes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eVCZowyKXk

As you can see in the video i tested it and the healing seems pretty equal and i also thought of some pros/cons to each one.

Conductivity;
    Pros:No "CD" as such, just needs to be recast every 10 seconds
    cant be "killed" in the way healing tide can
    Mass amounts of healing to take pressure off your healers a little bit more
    Constant availability
    Can stack it with Healing Stream Totem

Cons: useless if your being trained,
    (potentially useless if your not spamming chain lightning, still to test),
    2 secod Healing Rain cast time
    Healing done is distributed evenly(shared) between allies.

healing Tide Totem;
    Pros: Slightly better burst healing
    Healing isnt "shared" but instead is mirrored

Cons: Lengthy cooldown
    Can be killed with great ease, thus wasting cooldown
    Cant be stacked with healing stream
    Isnt consistently available.

From my limited testing, over a 10 second period and assuming 5 targets, the total healing done when using conductivity+healing rain+healing steam+spamming chain lightning was going between 420k-480k+
    The total healing done with healing Tide was 500k+ (slightly more with elemental mastery)

As you can see over lengthy fights conductivity is going to give huge nubmers, 3 mill healing per minute if cast optimally which can be achieved more than you might think if you position correctly.

I feel like conductivity, especially in RBGs is going to be very powerful for elemental shamans, and should see us pull some pretty insane healing numbers all together.

Any thoughts? Just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss, check out the vid for more information + testing with recount and as a visual reference for numbers + mechanic (even though the proper update to conductivity isnt on the beta yet)
    Last edited by Octohoof; 2013-01-27 at 12:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please....PvP in the title so I wouldn't have opened this useless thread for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Please....PvP in the title so I wouldn't have opened this useless thread for me.
    Apologies i thought i had done, it says it in the 3rd line though i hope i didnt waste more than 12 seconds of your precious midnight hour.

Please can a mod do this? I cant edit post titles.
    I'd like the title changed to "Conductivity Viable for Elemental PvP in 5.2?"

Mucho thanks

Just having a look at it, it seems comparable with no cooldown so you would effectively get more healing out of it if you were using it repeatedly.

However you did not include Elemental Mastery or Healing Rain in your Healing Tide test. So you may have underestimated how large the gap between them is. I don't think this would make much of a difference however because of the 3 Minute Cooldown on Healing Tide.

The Healing seems quite comparable now though. It will still really come down to your play style and what you expect your enemies to do more of; Totem Stomp or Interrupt. Considering the cooldown even if they interrupted one of your Conductivity Chain Lightning Spams, if you cast at least one or two per 3 minutes that was 100% effective without interuption you'd still be ahead. That is assuming they would destroy your Tide straight away.

The reason i didnt include Healing Rain in the healing tide test was becaue healing rain is the mechanic involved in conductivity, i agree it was biased not too but the proper mechanic doesnt work yet so i had to be inthe healing rain to procure the conductivity mechanic, will ofcourse retest clsoer to release.

I guess most elementals will be able to get at least 2 full healing rain-chain lightning spam combos off per minute (between thunderstorming the flag/kiting if needed) and so the healing potential looks pretty amazing, im excited for it

Also from my experience Elemental Shamans arent massive priority targets compared to Locks who do insane damage, or DKS/healers

can't see it working for pvp, battle fatigue -30% healing done, massive resilience on the enemy team massively reduces the healing output you see on those dummies, also the second you start spamming CL at a group of enemies....hello interrupts, and if they dont interrupt...you're gonna win anyway if teams dont blow up ele shamans they're like 1500 mmr baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    can't see it working for pvp, battle fatigue -30% healing done, massive resilience on the enemy team massively reduces the healing output you see on those dummies, also the second you start spamming CL at a group of enemies....hello interrupts, and if they dont interrupt...you're gonna win anyway if teams dont blow up ele shamans they're like 1500 mmr baddies.
    Wont Healing Tide also suffer from battle fatigue though? balencing it out.

The only drawback, which i didnt think of and youve just stated is enemy resilience, CL ususally hits pretty hard though im gonna test it later today, it can hit pets etc aswell so there'll still be a lot of CL's hitting.

Regarding enemies being baddies for not training ele, in my past 3 seasons experience ele was sort of top 3/4 prio in terms of nuking, however if youve got moonkins/dks/locks/healers near you then your always going to be 2nd choice from what ive seen, since they do more aoe damage or are healers so are bigger prio anyway.

it all comes down to positioning, its fairly easy to hide yourself at range and given the new mechanic of conductivity icant see it being that hard to pull off 10 seconds of spam CL at least twice during a minute which should bring the overall healing done from conductivity during the match to a very high amount vs healing tide total healing.

Still all to test ofcourse, was just speculating, seems really nice to me

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:32 PM ----------

Just tried hitting in PvP on beta, CL is hitting for 10800 on average, so double roughly for crits, on 3 targets thats lets just say 32k. so 15k healing per 2 seconds or 11500 when you include battle fatigue.

Still gonna vastly outheal healing Tide in the duration of the match given conductivity's only reliant cooldown is healing rain which is 10 secs.

Healing tide as previously stated will probably till be slightly better burst healing though.

i'd like conductivity to work, just feel its another ability that works nicely when you can be sure of great dps output, and no interrupts/los = PVE!

for pvp i'd love any buff/advantage we can get but ehh the buffs to ele are always so tiny, while stuff like warriors is the opposite, ele goes midfield to crap, warriors go crap to OP, why cant we at least get that? (apart from s7/s8, once in 8 years!)

Hmm i still feel excited for it with the chain lightning change, i've always found it easy to spam chain lightning in RBG in the past at quite a few oppertunities.

But i agree we do need a buff, we need a major defensive baseline spell, and an instant, dependable CC like a stun and then i think we'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    Hmm i still feel excited for it with the chain lightning change, i've always found it easy to spam chain lightning in RBG in the past at quite a few oppertunities.

But i agree we do need a buff, we need a major defensive baseline spell, and an instant, dependable CC like a stun and then i think we'll be fine
    Your numbers look nice and all, but i will be blunt i can guarntee you that you will nvr have the time to get a healing rain and a chain lightning off in a PVP setting as an elemental you will be either trained or chained CC'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'm understanding the change correctly but the 50% bonus still only applies if people are standing in the healing rain, correct? The thing that was changed was that if we deal damage to targets outside of healing rain, allies standing in it will benefit, as opposed to the live requirement of targets having to stand in it?

If that's correct, it's nice that they removed that restriction, but range is still a limiting factor with the talent. The radius of healing rain is okay when players are stacked but still the only allies benefiting from conductivity are allies standing in it. So I can't help but feel that while it has potential, we'd be losing some of that healing potential because we move around so much in pvp. Whereas with HTT, even though it has the long cooldown, we know its going to heal the most injured targets regardless of where they're standing as long as their within 40 yards. That seems like more bang for the buck to me.

I can see it being good for flagroom fights because we're in a smallish enclosed space, but I'm not sure about some of the node fights, because RBGs teams tend to have more ranged players. So even though you can communicate to your teammates to stand in a certain area, how long would they sit and stand there? I feel like the radius would need to be massive for it to have the kind of potential we're talking about here.

I don't know, maybe I'm underestimating how often and for how long we stand in a 10-yard radius in pvp. Even if it happens that we're in a ten-yard radius quite a bit, how long are we actually going stay in it. I know its not fair to compare the aoe effect from swiftmend to healing rain w/conductivity but those green healing circles pop up a lot from resto druids and allies might run through them but they don't necessarily stay for long.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof View Post
    ... i agree it was biased not too but the proper mechanic doesnt work yet so i had to be inthe healing rain to procure the conductivity mechanic, will ofcourse retest clsoer to release.
    I'm thinking that the mechanic you are expecting isn't working because you misunderstood the change.
    They removed the requirement of the target of your heals and damage being in the Healing Rain, however the healing from Conductivity is still limited to those standing in the Healing Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Not sure if I'm understanding the change correctly but the 50% bonus still only applies if people are standing in the healing rain, correct? The thing that was changed was that if we deal damage to targets outside of healing rain, allies standing in it will benefit, as opposed to the live requirement of targets having to stand in it?
    Yeah, that's the way I understood the change to be.

Conductivity works

If it's a battleground
    If you're (albeit unlikely) not focused
    If you are fine casting 2 sec Healing Rain every 10 secs
    If everyone clumps up all the time
    If you don't bother CCing or shearing and focus on pure damage output

Too many ifs. I'll stick to Healing Tide.

Hmm looks live ive misread the change then, my bad. However in base cap fights there are often 4+ people in one spot for a given length of time, so i think it still might be rather good given it doesnt have a cooldown. And even if you dont get the full CL spam during healing rain i still think over time its going to outheal healing tide, only live will tell i guess but im still excited to give it a shot, gotta hate having healing tide 1 shot as soon as its popped cos of its seizure inducing graphics