Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"taste the flames of sulfuron!"

I'm wondering it since a long time...

Who or what is Sulfuron ?

I'm not talking about the legendary hammer which is called Sulfuras.
    Also, a boss of Molten Core is called "Sulfuron Harbinger", which reinforces the hypothesis of an entity called "Sulfuron".

It's a place, the area of the Firelands where Ragnaros lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presumably the volcano/area that Ragnaros built his summer home in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Also, a boss of Molten Core is called "Sulfuron Harbinger", which reinforces the hypothesis of an entity called "Sulfuron".
    That is the Sulfuron who you're looking for. Harbinger is simply his rank or title.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Sulfuron_Harbinger

"Among the most favored of the flamewakers, Sulfuron is the terrifying herald of Ragnaros himself."
    Last edited by openair; 2013-01-27 at 12:41 AM.

Well going by the name, it sounds like a metallic element, like Iron. Sulfuron Keep, Sulfuron Hammer, Sulfuron Ingot. It's like saying 'Taste my Steel!'

- Edit - Looks like the hammers are made of Elementium, so what the others have said above is more likely to be true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Sulfuron_Harbinger

"Among the most favored of the flamewakers, Sulfuron is the terrifying herald of Ragnaros himself."
    Sulfuron Harbinger is more a title than an individual. If it was "Sulfuron the Harbinger" then yes, the boss from MC would be Sulfuron. But it isn't. A "Sulfuron Harbinger" is exactly what the name states: A harbinger for Sulfuron.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Maybe Sulfuron is what the Fire elementals call their realm

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Sulfuron Harbinger is more a title than an individual. If it was "Sulfuron the Harbinger" then yes, the boss from MC would be Sulfuron. But it isn't. A "Sulfuron Harbinger" is exactly what the name states: A harbinger for Sulfuron.
    Says you... wowwiki disagrees.

"Among the most favored of the flamewakers, Sulfuron is the terrifying herald of Ragnaros himself. From the infernal depths of the Molten Core, the Harbinger commands and the other lesser flamewakers in the outside world."

Deleted
    I doubt about the fact that Sulfuron is the zone's name since in my opinion, Sulfuron is used as an adjective here.

Deleted
    Must be somewhere in Mississippi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says you... wowwiki disagrees.

"Among the most favored of the flamewakers, Sulfuron is the terrifying herald of Ragnaros himself. From the infernal depths of the Molten Core, the Harbinger commands and the other lesser flamewakers in the outside world."
    Wowwiki/Wowpedia are edited by us players, not Blizzard. ZeroEdgeir is correct.

If he was called Sulfuron the Harbinger or Harbinger Sulfuron, that'd be his name. But as it stands, Sulfuron Harbinger is a title. Maybe the harbinger of/from Sulfuron Keep.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-27 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Wowwiki/Wowpedia are edited by us players, not Blizzard. ZeroEdgeir is correct.
    Again says you. Where is your any or Blizzard source???

Wowhead also agrees with wowwiki...

"Sulfuron Harbinger, herald of Ragnaros"

3 - 0...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sulfuron is an element, it's used to make the Sulfuron Hammer which is used to make Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. I can only assume Ragnaros' own personal hammer is made of the same material, as the smaller ones, which were first made by Ragnaros' followers are supposed to be scaled down copies of the real weapon..
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-01-27 at 12:57 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again says you. Where is your any or Blizzard source???

Wowhead also agrees with wowwiki...

"Sulfuron Harbinger, herald of Ragnaros"

3 - 0...
    So the lack of a Blizzard source together with two fan-made sites agreeing with you means they're right, despite there being no evidence to that?

Unless Blizzard comes out and says the guy's name is Sulfuron and his surname is Harbinger, then basic english dictates that he's the harbinger of Sulfuron. And no amount of fan sites saying otherwise will change that until Blizzard themselves confirm it. I'm not saying "you're wrong and I'm right", nor that his name definitely isn't Sulfuron Harbinger as opposed to a title. But until we have official evidence on the contrary, fan sites won't work as a source.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-27 at 12:58 AM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also googled it and found http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Lore-Sulfuron hehehe.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    So the lack of a Blizzard source together with two fan-made sites agreeing with you means they're right, despite there being no evidence to that?

Unless Blizzard comes out and says the guy's name is Sulfuron and his surname is Harbinger, then basic english dictates that he's the harbinger of Sulfuron. And no amount of fan sites saying otherwise will change that until Blizzard themselves confirm it.
    Your understanding of basic english is flawed. The lack of "the" does not mean it cannot be a title. There is also no evidence it is not a title.

Blizz source Quest: Hands of the enemy.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=6824/hands-of-the-enemy

"We want these captains in the Molten Core destroyed: Lucifron, Sulfuron, Gehennas and Shazzrah. Kill them and bring me their hands!"
    Last edited by openair; 2013-01-27 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ everyone claiming Sulfuron is the NPC. In the context Ragnaros uses the phrase "Taste the flames of sulfuron!" it would make no sense at all for him to be talking about one of his lieutenants who is, at the time, dead.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your understand of basic english is flawed. The lack of "the" does not mean it cannot be a title. There is also no evidence it is not a title.

Blizz source Quest: Hands of the enemy.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=6824/hands-of-the-enemy

"We want these captains in the Molten Core destroyed: Lucifron, Sulfuron, Gehennas and Shazzrah. Kill them and bring me their hands!"
    There, an official source. His name is Sulfuron then.

I have no problems in admitting when I'm wrong, and I am now. But without the evidence you posted now, it was nothing more than hollow claims. NOW it means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    @ everyone claiming Sulfuron is the NPC. In the context Ragnaros uses the phrase "Taste the flames of sulfuron!" it would make no sense at all for him to be talking about one of his lieutenants who is, at the time, dead.
    In the case of Ragnaros' quote, he probably refers to the flames of Sulfuron Keep/Spire. Although Firelands only came many years after Molten Core, they had already given a name to Ragnaros' "throne" in the Firelands at the time. So if I had to bet on something, it'd be that.