Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Was about to say the same thing. And to OP leveling is not that bad at all.
    Yes it is... I rather be tortured than experience 85-90 again... I would rather let my dog eat me alive to keep me from doing that bad experience again.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

You're complaining yet you aren't even level 90 yet...what the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling speed is fine, maybe even a bit too fast to be honest.

Thats kind of the first expression most people get its called being a Cata baby !
    Mop is different from Cata and does not follow the same rules as that expansion so you cannot compare and say lvling takes too long , its suppose to take longer than cata, because that's how it is and that's how its suppose to be, ( true this kills alt friendly a lil ( i have 3 90s)
    the only problem is catching up which might take a while and its still intended since back in cata or ToC and Ulduar people could catch up so fast which made ToC useless and no one ran it when Ulduar came out,
    Blizzard DOESNT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AGAIN
    they simply trying to have some kind of catch up in the game yet not so far and hard and not so easy and short
    Now Panda related things that you mentioned and Chinese theme that has nothing to do with wow. eerr well who decides if they belong to World of Warcraft universe? the End game users or Blizzard? besides ! Pandas were all over the place ( well not really but you could see one or two ) in Warcraft 3 !
    so pandas were around since wwaaaayyyyy longer than you might be able to remember in Warcraft Universe
    Once you start raiding and read some of the Important quests ( 5.1 Main story Quest) you become aware of how important and serious things are getting and how Mogu , upgraded and manipulated Titan's technology to make their Empire stronger
    see? speaking of Mogu , its not all about pandas !
    In conculsion, i know it might take a while for you to adjust from cata environment to MoP , but one thing to keep in mind is that You will never feel that there is nothing to do in game ( like cata) , In MoP There is always something for players to do , 16 Raid bosses, 2 world bosses, MASSIVE amount of dailies, Pet battles,Challenge Modes, heroic dungeons , scenarios , Farming and so much more
    Last edited by Raeion; 2013-01-29 at 02:40 AM.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

Deleted
    I don't get why people think MoP is alt unfriendly. Account wide achievements, mounts and pets already makes this expansion better than the others in terms of alts. If it's about gear, well, it's no different than it was before except the whole grind to get vendor items. But vendor items are optional on alts, you can get by with LFR epics until the next tier. Also, hello Mr. Account Wide buff when you get Valor capped on one char, makes getting VP so much faster.

As for gearing up in PvP, what do you want? Do you want the gear handed to you? It's always been a grind, that's not something new to MoP. And it should be a grind. An alt is an alt, I have all classes at 90, but even I can see that some things should require more effort (like the rep grinds) with a character you feel most attached to.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-01-29 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I don't get why people think MoP is alt unfriendly. Account wide achievements, mounts and pets already makes this expansion better than the others in terms of alts. If it's about gear, well, it's no different than it was before except the whole grind to get vendor items. But vendor items are optional on alts, you can get by with LFR epics until the next tier. Also, hello Mr. Account Wide buff when you get Valor capped on one char, makes getting VP so much faster.

As for gearing up in PvP, what do you want? Do you want the gear handed to you? It's always been a grind, that's not something new to MoP. And it should be a grind. An alt is an alt, I have all classes at 90, but even I can see that some things should require more effort (like the rep grinds) with a character you feel most attached to.
    i completely agree once you cap Vp on one of your toons you get 50% more vp on your other toons thats an amazing feature that i think most people just dont see
    MoP has the most content that i have seen so far , and i think it's the best expansion so far, hard heroic raid bosses are just amazing
    Although Wrath is my all time favorite cuz of Arthas <3
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

I think the only reason any of you that agree that it takes to long to level your character from 85-90 is because you are so used to being able to fly. Now that they make you use your ground mount until 90 you feel like it is taking forever because you can't just fly around picking off what you need.

I loved the leveling experience in MOP by far the best time I've had questing in WoW ever. I love the lore so I read every quest and it still took me like around 2-3 weeks to get to 90. Everyone makes it seem like leveling isn't even part of the game, as if it is just a time filler till you get to 90. Just enjoy the game, I don't think you need to race to get to 90 so you can do dailies and run dungeons all day long.
    Excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    So, I just came back to World of Warcraft after leaving before the end of cataclysm, and I have to say, boy, I'm disapoint...

1- Takes too long to level up

It's taking twice as much to level from 85 to 90 (i'm halfway 87 now), than from 80 to 85. Blizzard should compensate the lack of flying mounts with a faster leveling process.
    I ws thinking about leveling 2 other chars to 90 later, but it pains me just to think about it.

2- Too much Pandas related lore

Some people might think it's cool to have an entire expansion dedicated to the pandaren and their land. At least for now, I'm really bored to be helping countless farmers and other pandas, in a lore that doesn't really appeal to me, in a land that has nothing to do with world of warcraft. Yeah, imo, a chinease themed expansion doesn't fit wow imho.

3- It seems to be VERY alt unfriendly

I don't have alts, I have mains. I have 2 mains, and would like to level to 90 another char (different faction this time). I really like playing them, but the problem is this expansion seems VERY unfriendly to multiple characters. I still don't know if i'll focus on pvp or pve, but if i choose PvE, I can see that it will take me forever to gear up a character, thanks to rep and valor points grind, soemthing that some people are comparing to a job.
    I can't imagine doing this in 2 or more characters

4- Guildmates complaining about PvvP non stop

I'm worried about what I'll face in PvP. Not only they are saying that PvP is very umbalanced, but they are facing bot and afkers more than ever... yeah.

So, I'm afraid to say, I do not like what i'm facing in wow right now, and i fear it will be worse when I hit 90.
    If your disappointed, why not just not level up to 90 and leave it be? You act like your going to force yourself to suffer, which doesn't make any sense. Sorry, but I see this all the time, its like people feel this obligation to play the game, even if its not up to their standards or they don't find it enjoyable, moreover, disappointing.
    Call me House.

If you don't like it now, you won't like it in the future. This is the direction of WoW. That's why I quit months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    The leveling process isn't any worse than it used to be. When I compare it to leveling up in TBC to 70 or in WotLK to 80 for the first time I was much slower...It was definitly faster than WotLK and TBC (for me!)!
    I found 85-90 to be faster than TBC but slower than Wrath or Cata. Mist mobs take much longer to kill, especially for some classes. I'd say 85-90 took me 50% longer than 80-85 (the first time through). The other thing i found interesting was scaling. When my 85 DK first got to Jade forest i was tearing through mobs with ease. 85 to 86 took little time. But by 88 my DK was feeling underpowered. At 89 it hit like a wet noodle and mobs took ages to die.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Take Wrath of the Lich King. The lich king himself was only part of the lore. We had Yogg Saron storyline, Malygos storyline, Wyrmrest storyline, etc.
    And in MoP we have the Mogu storylines, Saurok Storylines, The Dread Wastes which really only has one or two small panda hubs (otherwise completely Mantid). the list goes on.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

People will complain about PvP no matter what. They did every expansion previous to this and will for every expansion after. People don't want a fair fight, they want a God complex where they can dangle everyone else by a string and hold a pair of scissors. When they don't get that, they want it. And since the grass is always greener, they'll say "X has this thats why hes better than me". If you actually play PvP and pretend the forums don't exist, its not bad at all. As a warrior, a priest and a warlock I find PvP to be entertaining, even if I lose.

HA! This made me laugh so hard. Plays Warrior, priest and lock oh boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    If you don't like it, don't play. It's as simple as that.
    It's people like you who annoy me most, honestly. Just because the game is okay for you, and a "silent majority" doesn't make the game good for everyone in any respect. Not respecting decent criticism is idiotic.

On topic, I will agree that leveling is abysmal compared to cataclysm or even wotlk with ground mounts, though they say they are going to "help" that with something in the future. tbd.

The game currently is very alt friendly. Your alt will never catch up in any remote sense to the current powers, though 5.2 helps to fix a lot of the catch up, especially in pvp.

On that note, this season has been one of the most in-balanced seasons since season 5, warrior and hunters being ridiculous for ages in the beta and on the ptr with no fixes until well after a month of the game being out put the season off to a bad start. And the amount of bots have been growing in a rather uncontrolled fashion since launch.

And as to the last note, the lore. I will agree with you, Jade forest, Townlong, kun lai and Valley are very, very Pandaren centered, with very little focus outside of pandaren. Granted, this is designed to allow us to experience their culture and their hardships as a people for the thousands and thousands of years no one has contacted them, it definitely gets old after the first or second time experiencing it.

All in all, Pandaria is a good expansion. It has it's issues, but it definitely is not as bad as cataclysm in any regard, although it remains to be seen if SoO (Siege of Orgrimmar for those un-educated) will be a 8 month Icc 3.0.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Yay another person who thought they should make a thread about their opinion..so many things new here.

Sigh. If you don't like it, don't post on a WoW forum either. Just get away from the game completely.

Kk that's all I have. Toodles.

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It's people like you who annoy me most, honestly. Just because the game is okay for you, and a "silent majority" doesn't make the game good for everyone in any respect. Not respecting decent criticism is idiotic.
    Last thing for me to add: the guy you quoted is right.

If you don't like it, you can criticize but do it smart and not on here. Post on the WoW official forums to give Blizzard some feedback so they can fix it in the future.

Otherwise if you don't like it, you shouldn't play it.

Nothing about that should annoy you; it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It is really amazing the way Blizzard made a game that ended up having only a part of it become very popular, popular enough that a large amount of the game's vocal fan base want the backbone of the game's intended design to be gutted and removed. Endgame used to be nothing but an excuse to have something to do after you adventured through the land doing quests.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The leveling speed is fine, maybe even a bit too fast to be honest.
    compared to what? a Korean grinder taking 2 days to reach lvl 20?

leveling speed in Pandaria is ''average'', but gruwesomely eye bleeding after more than 1 character.

it's 18 million for 85-86 and the average quest nets you around 111k, after that the XP needed goes up steeply but the xp recieved stays under 200k untill you reach Dread Wastes , and at that point you need 27 million of it.

85-86 takes like 8 times the xp 80-81 took , but you only get like 3 times the xp compared to what u got in Hyjal / Vash, and the difference only gets bigger untill you hit 89 and reach Dread Wastes , where it feels moderately ok cause your xp recieved for 1 quest finaly breaches the 200k mark

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Last thing for me to add: the guy you quoted is right.

If you don't like it, you can criticize but do it smart and not on here. Post on the WoW official forums to give Blizzard some feedback so they can fix it in the future.

Otherwise if you don't like it, you shouldn't play it.

Nothing about that should annoy you; it's the truth.
    You're assuming Blizzard doesn't actively read these forums (They do) and while they do not directly reply like they do (rarely) on the official forums about things like this, this at-least gets the opinions about how this game has evolved and will evolve and the mechanics involved.

I like wow, I've liked it for years. However Blizzard have been taking it in a rather sketchy direction the last few years and there are a lot of peeves that seem to pile on after a while. But I will reiterate, not liking the game as a whole and not liking the direction blizzard is taking it are two separate things.

Not realizing the difference between the two and then bashing someone in your own ignorance is what annoys me. Especially when you try to discredit someone's opinion by trying to be the voice for, as I said, a very silent majority.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.