Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Am i the only one thinking that legendary gems bring useless content in the game ?

    I mean ... it doesn't change anything at all in the game, and the lore behind thoses gems is poor, instead of calling theses gems crystallized dread/horror/terror, couldn't they give a more legendary name ?

    Like for example :
    Azureus, sapphire of the abyssal depths
    Pyron, ruby of the infernal flames

    Also, thoses gems are just an overpowered version of "normal" gems, they do not bring anything except stats while the legendary weapons always used to bring special effects... that's not cool... thoses items are only legendary cause of their quality...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Like for example :
    Azureus, sapphire of the abyssal depths
    Pyron, ruby of the infernal flames
    Sounds alot like Cata gem names there, with the elements and such. Have to remember this is only the 1st/2nd/3rd part of the questline and there will be more to come, with better named gear, maybe in similar to the current sha-touched weapons.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Sounds alot like Cata gem names there, with the elements and such. Have to remember this is only the 1st/2nd/3rd part of the questline and there will be more to come, with better named gear, maybe in similar to the current sha-touched weapons.
    Yep it was only an example.

  4. #4
    I agree that they've got absolutely nothing legendary about them. They're just annoying tbh.

  5. #5
    They're Crystallised Dread because we made them from the Sha of Fear :U

    Far more relevant than anything you just said

  6. #6
    They're 3 times the strength of a normal gem for your primary stat. A flat out DPS increase at all times with no bullshit proc.

    I'm sorry but I'll take a flat DPS increase over a god damned buggy tentacle any day. These gems rule.

  7. #7
    The sha of Fear which was an unknown ennemy from now and which havn't any importance on the lore. (Even if it's a part of Y'Shaarj blablabla).

    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    They're 3 times the strength of a normal gem for your primary stat. A flat out DPS increase at all times with no bullshit proc.

    I'm sorry but I'll take a flat DPS increase over a god damned buggy tentacle any day. These gems rule.
    Do they need to be legendary ?
    What would be different if they never added it into the game ? Nothing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The sha of Fear which was an unknown ennemy from now and which havn't any importance on the lore. (Even if it's a part of Y'Shaarj blablabla).



    Do they need to be legendary ?
    What would be different if they never added it into the game ? Nothing.
    What did the previous legendaries change about the game?

    What the hell is your point here?

    And the Sha have a lot to do in lore. Just because you're clearly lacking knowledge on the subject doesn't make it "blablabla".

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The sha of Fear which was an unknown ennemy from now and which havn't any importance on the lore. (Even if it's a part of Y'Shaarj blablabla).
    So it is forbidden to make up new story or lore as we progress through the game now is it? What, you'd prefer that Blizzard used the same story over and over again, for example we kill Arthas and Illidan forever and ever for countless times? New lore is always needed to keep the story going.

    While I do agree that the legendary gems aren't the same as a legendary weapon, I still disagree with your argument of them being useless content lorewise.
    Last edited by Hallufauz; 2013-01-27 at 02:25 AM.

  10. #10
    The problem with the gem is that they are a new requirement! The reason they removed head enchants was because it was a rep grind and felt like something you needed to do. Sha gems worked because they required sha weapons. These new metas that fit in any slot feel like the new head enchants, which Blizzard promised us they weren't going to do again.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    The problem with the gem is that they are a new requirement! The reason they removed head enchants was because it was a rep grind and felt like something you needed to do. Sha gems worked because they required sha weapons. These new metas that fit in any slot feel like the new head enchants, which Blizzard promised us they weren't going to do again.
    The new metas don't fit in any slot, they fit in helms with meta sockets. I'm not sure what your complaint is.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    The new metas don't fit in any slot, they fit in helms with meta sockets. I'm not sure what your complaint is.
    There are folks who have a giant stick rammed up their asses over the reason Blizzard removed head enchants and they think that introducing the legendary meta gem betrays that.

    There's several complete failures of logic required to believe this nonsense, the one happyzod subscribing to being the laughably stupid notion that the legendary meta gem will be a mandatory requirement for raiding.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  13. #13
    I don't have a problem with the names. Keep in mind for one that the gems are the FIRST PART of the legendary. I'm sure the final product in 5.4 or whenever it is will have a better name. I also like how it ties in with the Sha of Fear, the big bad of both the Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. Sure, he's a foe we didn't know of before MOP, but he IS the final boss of the release content, and not to be taken lightly.

  14. #14
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,958
    1. Do stuff.
    2. Win the gem.
    3. Put it in your helm.

    Doesn't seem useless to me.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    So it is forbidden to make up new story or lore as we progress through the game now is it? What, you'd prefer that Blizzard used the same story over and over again, for example we kill Arthas and Illidan forever and ever for countless times? New lore is always needed to keep the story going.

    While I do agree that the legendary gems aren't the same as a legendary weapon, I still disagree with your argument of them being useless content lorewise.
    No it's not, but instead of just colouring the title of the item in orange, they could make it REALLY legendary, by giving it an importance in the lore.

  16. #16
    It is important in the lore, it is important because it is a step on the way to the final legendary and marks us building trust with Wrathion, who is covered in giant blinking signs saying "Plot Here! Watch This Space!"

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There are folks who have a giant stick rammed up their asses over the reason Blizzard removed head enchants and they think that introducing the legendary meta gem betrays that.

    There's several complete failures of logic required to believe this nonsense, the one happyzod subscribing to being the laughably stupid notion that the legendary meta gem will be a mandatory requirement for raiding.
    Why wouldn't it be mandatory? If you're doing PvE, then raid groups will expect you to continue the questline in order to get the gem.The gem is in essence the new head enchant. It is in essence similar to the ZG shoulder enchants. I remember being required to run ZG every 3 days in order to get the rep for my shoulder enchants. If you didn't have the enchant, you were hounded to run ZG every 3 days. This seems similar.

    The Sha-weapon is different because you could always accept a weapon without the socket and pass off the weapon to someone who was willing to complete the questline.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    525
    It's not useless, but it's far from having a legendary feel, it's just a gem you socket and forget.
    It ain’t wise to poke a warrior so much, sonny. We just might poke ya back.

  19. #19
    It brings more content than if they weren't in the game. The quest line lore is pretty cool and the gems add some nice power.

    More content and lore = better than nothing at all.

  20. #20
    The difference between these and old head enchants is that you don't get them by farming rep, you assemble the vast majority of the components simply by doing the raiding you would be doing anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •