Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Why wouldn't it be mandatory? If you're doing PvE, then raid groups will expect you to continue the questline in order to get the gem.The gem is in essence the new head enchant.
    Nope. It is, in essence, a better than normal meta gem.

    In fact, that is exactly what it is.

    You are fine with a normal meta gem. The legendary is pretty nice, but not mandatory.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The difference between these and old head enchants is that you don't get them by farming rep, you assemble the vast majority of the components simply by doing the raiding you would be doing anyway.
    So your argument is that the old enchants were easier to get so they were removed, but the current metas are more difficult so they are allowed? I can understand the reasoning if it were applied to entry level raiders, but adding these metas feels like blizzard removed a simple chore and replaced it with much more a tedious chore for items that serve similar purposes.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    So your argument is that the old enchants were easier to get so they were removed, but the current metas are more difficult so they are allowed? I can understand the reasoning if it were applied to entry level raiders, but adding these metas feels like blizzard removed a simple chore and replaced it with much more a tedious chore for items that serve similar purposes.
    As a raider (the people that really need the gem anyway), I'm not going out of my way to get the meta gem. I will still just get it from doing what I would already do, which is raid.

    As a raider that needed a helm enchant, I had to go out of my way and do something I wouldn't have done otherwise.

    So again, for raiders, which is the main target playerbase these legendaries are for, this is actually easier.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Nope. It is, in essence, a better than normal meta gem.

    In fact, that is exactly what it is.

    You are fine with a normal meta gem. The legendary is pretty nice, but not mandatory.
    People tried to make that argument with blizzard about the head enchants as well. They were still removed because they felt mandatory.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    As a raider (the people that really need the gem anyway), I'm not going out of my way to get the meta gem. I will still just get it from doing what I would already do, which is raid.

    As a raider that needed a helm enchant, I had to go out of my way and do something I wouldn't have done otherwise.

    So again, for raiders, which is the main target playerbase these legendaries are for, this is actually easier.
    Plus there was no substitution for the head enchants. You either ground out the rep or you didn't get a head enchant. With the new meta legendaries if you don't have the legendary you can still use the normal meta.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    People tried to make that argument with blizzard about the head enchants as well. They were still removed because they felt mandatory.
    They used this argument? Really?

    What was the alternative to head enchants?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    As a raider (the people that really need the gem anyway), I'm not going out of my way to get the meta gem. I will still just get it from doing what I would already do, which is raid.

    As a raider that needed a helm enchant, I had to go out of my way and do something I wouldn't have done otherwise.

    So again, for raiders, which is the main target playerbase these legendaries are for, this is actually easier.
    1. Raid
    2. Dailies
    3. Run 2 BGs and form a group to kill an alliance NPC.
    4. Whatever requirement 5.2 has.

  8. #28
    None of these legendaries so far are "mandatory".

    All of the content they come from has been and will be downed before they were/will be available.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They used this argument? Really?

    What was the alternative to head enchants?
    I'm guessing you're pretty new to WoW if you can't remember.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    1. Raid
    2. Dailies
    3. Run 2 BGs and form a group to kill an alliance NPC.
    4. Whatever requirement 5.2 has.
    Raiders raid and do dailies anyway. Dailies fill in the valor cap nicely.

    2 BGs is whatever. Surely no rep grind.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    I'm guessing you're pretty new to WoW if you can't remember.
    Don't wander into strawman.

    Answer the question.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Raiders raid and do dailies anyway. Dailies fill in the valor cap nicely.

    2 BGs is whatever. Surely no rep grind.
    Raiders may choose to do dailies. Dailies are a nice way to hit two stones with one bucket since they generally bring you to areas where you kill things for rep. If you don't enjoy doing dailies, and dailies are entirely optional, you need to grind out revered with the black prince. It takes about as long as grinding out a rep for head enchants.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Don't wander into strawman.

    Answer the question.
    Use google if you don't know.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I mean ... it doesn't change anything at all in the game, and the lore behind thoses gems is poor, instead of calling theses gems crystallized dread/horror/terror, couldn't they give a more legendary name ?

    Like for example :
    Azureus, sapphire of the abyssal depths
    Pyron, ruby of the infernal flames
    What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Use google if you don't know.
    So is this what you do? Make an argument and tell everyone else that someone else somewhere disproved their arguments but you can't be bothered to do it yourself?
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  15. #35
    wont evry PvPer feel forced to get one of these gems.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Raiders may choose to do dailies. Dailies are a nice way to hit two stones with one bucket since they generally bring you to areas where you kill things for rep. If you don't enjoy doing dailies, and dailies are entirely optional, you need to grind out revered with the black prince. It takes about as long as grinding out a rep for head enchants.
    If you don't wanna just do the dailies and get the BP rep then that's whatever. The legendary meta gem isn't a requirement at all to clear content. I'm more than 100% certain that the raid will be cleared by a good amount of guilds before its theoretically possible to obtain it anyway.

    You still get a standard meta gem to fill your socket. In Cata, you had to grind the rep or you simple had no head enchant. It's like leaving a piece of gear ungemmed or unenchanted. That isn't the case with the legendary meta.

  17. #37
    Of all the stupid things WoW players bitch about, I mean come on. It's a gem available to you from nothing more than lfr. The quests aren't hard, and they aren't particularly time consuming either. If you're going to raid, you'll end up with the gem. If you're not going to raid, then you don't need the gem anyway.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Poofighta View Post
    wont evry PvPer feel forced to get one of these gems.
    It's still not even confirmed how the PvP one will be obtained. It could be something entirely different.

    I know people like to think the worst for everything around here but there's really nothing to discuss about the PvP meta until further details are released.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Poofighta View Post
    wont evry PvPer feel forced to get one of these gems.
    No they'll feel forced to get their own gem which is not obtained through raiding.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So is this what you do? Make an argument and tell everyone else that someone else somewhere disproved their arguments but you can't be bothered to do it yourself?
    You're coming into the argument uninformed. Please educate yourself before you participate in intelligent discussions.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 03:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    You still get a standard meta gem to fill your socket. In Cata, you had to grind the rep or you simple had no head enchant. It's like leaving a piece of gear ungemmed or unenchanted. That isn't the case with the legendary meta.
    You had other options besides the rep grind for the head enchant.

    Edit: In fact, since there seems to be a couple of people here that are uninformed, I will do a favor to everyone by providing a link. I got it from a simple google search that anyone could have used.

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchantments_by_slot#Head
    Last edited by happyzod; 2013-01-27 at 03:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •