Export Spell Alert TGAs.

Hello There,

I am trying to find a way export a new spell alert texture from WoW into a TGA files. I found some back in an old thread, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-Power-Auras, but 5.1 released a new spell alert for Omen of Clarity for Feral Druids that looks very cool and I'd like to use it now instead of the old spell alert.

It was suggested to me that WoW Model Viewer could be used to export the alerts, but I've yet to find a way to see the spell alert graphics on the latest version of WoW Model Viewer. I might just be overlooking something, though. Would anyone have any advice for using the WoW Model Viewer?

It was also suggested to me to try this command in game:
    Code:
    /run for a,b in pairs(SpellActivationOverlayFrame.overlaysInUse) do print(a,GetSpellLink(a),b.texture:GetTexture(),b.texture:GetVertexColor()) end
    But I get the following error when trying the above:
    Code:
    Message: [string "for a,b in pairs(SpellActivationOverlayFram..."]:1: attempt to index field 'texture' (a nil value)
    Time: 01/26/13 18:19:31
    Count: 1
    Stack: [string "for a,b in pairs(SpellActivationOverlayFram..."]:1: in main chunk
    [C]: in function `RunScript'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2158: in function `?'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4388: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4082: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4121: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: (for generator) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    (for state) = <table> {
     135700 = <table> {
     }
    }
    (for control) = 135700
    a = 135700
    b = <table> {
     1 = <unnamed> {
     }
     2 = <unnamed> {
     }
    }
    (*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedInfrastructure.lua:116
    (*temporary) = 135700
    (*temporary) = "[Clearcasting]"
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "attempt to index field 'texture' (a nil value)"
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

You can extract all graphics using a hidden console on the login.

Follow steps to get into the console in this link.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Console

Then once in use the command

ExportInterfaceFiles art

Found in this link.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Viewing_Blizzard's_interface_code

This will extract all the graphic files to your computer and should be able to find the one you need and make it a tga.

(I've done this to edit the raid role icons)

Thank you very much, that is very helpful to know. =) However, I don't seem to be finding any spell alert art in what was exported. The closest sounding folder I could find in what it gave me was called SpellActivationOverlay, but looking at the two files in there, I think that has to do with the UI of spells being able to be used as displayed in action bars.

Are there other export commands for the console for other art that might be found by chance? Once again, thank you very much.

Deleted
    Unless that's changed recently, all the overlays are found in the MPQs at Textures\SpellActivationOverlays.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Nothing's showing up with WoW Model Viewer, and else wise what I'm getting is the same as here: http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artb...ivationOverlay

Deleted
    It's not in the "usual" directory and doesn't get exported by the console command. You'll have to extract it directly from the MPQs.

Okay! After looking up a lot of stuff and downloading two separate and helpful program, I was finally able to get this. Thank you very much for leading me in the right directions!