what up with my wow???

Ok i changed computer a few weeks ago, got an alienware aka a machine that could play any game on best result possible, but i reinstaled wow and i dont know why sometime (happen kinda often) when i zone it take FOREVER to load, i mean really can take up to 5 min in the loading screen to change zone. When im zoned i press M to check map the map take a good 5-6 second to appear. What going on?????

Deleted
    Doesn't sound normal for a new system that shouldn't be very bloated yet. Do you have any hardware specs for your computer? What other software do you run in the background while playing? More information will probably be needed to home in on the problem.

Update drivers, check for viruses, uninstall all add-on's and try without them, check your RAM useage, the list could go on for things that you could check.

Take note though, just cus it is an Alienware comp does not mean things will run at 100% super awesome. They are good comp's yes, but they have their flaws just as any comp can. Most times I have ever had problems with loading screens is when RAM is overtaxed or the hard drive is slow, I don't know the specifics of your comp but for I know based on what you said, Alienware (Dell) could have messed up somewhere inside the comp for all we know.

Note - Nothing against Alienware, I simply build my own comps so I know the difference between performance, and flashy shiny buttons that add on hundreds of dollars of cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you loading into a zone for the first time? WoW will download needed files for every zone on an as-need basis, as far as I know. So for instance, if you zone into Dalaran for the first time after a fresh reinstall, it'll take a while for the game to load.

If this isn't the issue, then idk. Personally, you screwed the pooch buying a Dell with a bloated pricetag (yes, Alienware = Dell). Coulda done a lot better for less. Either way, just be aware of that happening if it is your first time entering zones on a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarius View Post
    Ok i changed computer a few weeks ago, got an alienware aka a machine that could play any game on best result possible, but i reinstaled wow and i dont know why sometime (happen kinda often) when i zone it take FOREVER to load, i mean really can take up to 5 min in the loading screen to change zone. When im zoned i press M to check map the map take a good 5-6 second to appear. What going on?????
    In the lat 90's yes, since the early 00's not so much.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-27 at 04:27 AM.

If the loading screen bar loads fairly quickly but halts at the end, that could indicate connection issues. If the whole bar loads slow, it's hard disk issues.

The map taking 6 seconds to appear could be display or addon issues.

I'd start by disabling all addons, and seeing if anything is different.

This is all assuming the game is fully installed and not still downloading in the background, lol.

yeah kinda see about the first time in zone thing, i think that the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    In the lat 90's yes, since the early 00's not so much.

Agree. Alienware is just a Dell computer in a flashy case now. They've gone to poop since Dell bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    If this isn't the issue, then idk. Personally, you screwed the pooch buying a Dell with a bloated pricetag (yes, Alienware = Dell). Coulda done a lot better for less. Either way, just be aware of that happening if it is your first time entering zones on a fresh install.
    I'm so glad I steered some of my friends away from getting a comp from them, I told them how they were Dell supped up and they immediatly looked elsewhere.
    Also yes, after a first install and load in my load times were slightly higher then normal.

well comparing with my 6 year old machine i had (first dual core processor that got out on the market) the alienware is a really big advancement, il try repairing in game data and i think there might be some "connection issue" with it too since when its happening my gf who play on her computer next to me see me DC on battlenet and relog like every 15-20 sec when im still on the loading page

Deleted
    All right, people. Let's try to steer this away from derailing into a discussion about opinions on Alienware. This is not a discussion on the price/performance ratio of Alienware, the OP has an issue that's more likely to do with software or faulty hardware than the brand.

Besides, most people on here tend to share the exact same opinion on the brand, so there's not much discussion to be had about it in the first place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 07:32 AM ----------

well comparing with my 6 year old machine i had (first dual core processor that got out on the market) the alienware is a really big advancement, il try repairing in game data and i think there might be some "connection issue" with it too since when its happening my gf who play on her computer next to me see me DC on battlenet and relog like every 15-20 sec when im still on the loading page
    Try that and report in on whether or not it fixes the problem. And again: What other software are you running, and do you have hardware specifications for your new machine?

You're PROBABLY still downloading the game. You'll have long load times and the map takes a while until everything's fully downloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

here some specs:

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
    Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad Core
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Win8
    WIN 8 HOME,64,ENG,CSMR,DAO
    1TB SATA 3Gb/s,7200RPM

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 11:43 PM ----------

and since i was with win xp, Windows 8 is completly different and im kinda clueless on how my memory or whanever is running at same time

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Update drivers, check for viruses, uninstall all add-on's and try without them, check your RAM useage, the list could go on for things that you could check.

Take note though, just cus it is an Alienware comp does not mean things will run at 100% super awesome. They are good comp's yes, but they have their flaws just as any comp can. Most times I have ever had problems with loading screens is when RAM is overtaxed or the hard drive is slow, I don't know the specifics of your comp but for I know based on what you said, Alienware (Dell) could have messed up somewhere inside the comp for all we know.

Note - Nothing against Alienware, I simply build my own comps so I know the difference between performance, and flashy shiny buttons that add on hundreds of dollars of cost.
    right there first words is your problem, cause its a new system, it uses outdated drivers for video and sound. say you bought a new comp today, well it will still have regular drivers from like a year ago as examples

Deleted
    here some specs:

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
    Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz Quad Core
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Win8
    WIN 8 HOME,64,ENG,CSMR,DAO
    1TB SATA 3Gb/s,7200RPM

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 11:43 PM ----------

and since i was with win xp, Windows 8 is completly different and im kinda clueless on how my memory or whanever is running at same time
    With that information at hand, I'm going to agree with the people who said it's because you're still downloading the game. Sounds like the most likely solution.

Simple way of checking: When you start your WoW launcher, does it start patching? If so, what completion percentage is it at?

Check the ingame computer icon and see if its 100% downloaded. If you just finished installing the game and it says its complete, often enough its at 65% and it still downloads while playing.

also do you run any addons? addons can mess up your game pretty good