Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Q about SSD sizes

is 120 gb enough to put os and all my games on or does it feel too small especially now? do u think its worth it to invest in 256gb?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would invest in the 250 if you want to put "all" of your games on it, you should never fill any kind of drive past 75%.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

How many games is 'all my games?" If it's 2 games then yes. If you're looking to install 75 games from your steam library, you're going to need a bigger drive. Unless you have tons of cash to spare, I would stick with a 120ish gb SSD to put your OS on (I have WoW on mine as well) and pick up a 1TB HDD for the rest. If you have a lot of games, even 250 isn't all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by at05gt View Post
    I would invest in the 250 if you want to put "all" of your games on it, you should never fill any kind of drive past 75%.
    Only kind of true. When you fill a mechanical drive that much files start getting fragmented and can reduce performance. SSDs should have a bit extra room for TRIM to function properly, but I wouldn't say it needs 25% free.

Depends on how many games you have OP.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2013-01-27 at 06:34 AM.

Find the total of all your games and see if 125gb is ok for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    is 120 gb enough to put os and all my games on or does it feel too small especially now? do u think its worth it to invest in 256gb?
    Can't read minds over the internet so I have no clue how many games is your "all".

What I can say from personal experience going from 60 to 120 to 250GB that the 120GB was too small to fit WoW+GW2+D3+ Skyrim along with Windows and all my other installed programs. 250GB has about 1/3 free so it seems to be the perfect size... for me.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.