Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Will the Alliance ever get better?

    I know both sides have their share of bads. But unless its CTA Isle of Conquest or AV its not even worth queuing as Alliance and its been this way since at least Wrath. Also found out we are also good at Temple but I guess thats because all you do is fight at mid and requires no skill other than mashing buttons. I have played both sides so like I said Horde has its share of bads and certainly they dont win every match but I have never lost more than 4-5 in a row as Horde yet 10+ losses in a row as Alliance is very common. Also Horde usually shows up in full PvP gear while Alliance thinks its funny to show up in dungeon blues.

    What is it about Alliance that just makes them bad? Also please dont use the "They prefer PVE more and are better at that" argument because the majority of the top servers and guilds in the world are Horde. I mean PvP isnt rocket science. Oh hey that shaman/paladin has a red + over their head they must be a healer, how about we lock them down or blow them up? Nope apparently thats too hard. Alliance would rather try and DPS down a 500+ ilvl tank with 3 healers sitting on him then QQ in chat about how we all suck cause we cant even kill one guy.

    EoTS is the poster BG for Alliance failure. I will make this paragraph short and to the point. They have 3-4 towers and we are going for flags...every single time. There thats Eye of the Storm as Alliance TLDR version.

    AB is a another great example of how bad we are but takes more explaining than EoTS. When it starts Alliance usually always goes LM with most of our players and Horde goes BS. Mine is 50:50 but in my experience usually Alliance will get it. But when Alliance takes LM the next logical step would be to push farm as it usually only has 1-2 defenders which would give us 3 nodes to their 2. But nope most of the team will sit at LM thinking for some reason maybe if more people are near it we will cap it faster while the other half try and take BS which has 10 people at it. Why wouldnt you leave 1 person at LM and then send every else to farm? That will draw all the horde except maybe 1 away from BS to the farm to help keep us from taking it. During this time our rogues sneak over to BS and get an easy cap. Then the horde will be split b/t either recapping BS or staying at Farm to keep us from getting that. Either way we will get one of them and thus will control 3 nodes. Also my favorite is if we ever lose Stables. We must think stables gives 10x honor or something because if Horde ever takes it everyone immediately stops what they are doing and heads for Stables. Then as they all get killed and people start rezing 2-3 at a time they immediately head right back to Stables, which now has 10 horde at it. So the result is everyone gets farmed until the match is over.

    How can we make Alliance better at PvP? Or are premades the only option? I think the only reason Blizzard still allows premades in random BGs is because without them Alliance would never win.

  2. #2
    Alliance never win is a misconception built around a 20% difference in the win/loss ratio

  3. #3
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,037
    Will people such as yourself ever understand that the same people play both factions and thus stop making these silly posts?

    There's no such thing as "Alliance" or "Horde", it's people playing a game and 1 of the 2 factions, or both, available in it. At that, the "alliance never wins" is downright wrong. I've had 100% wins on certain days on Alliance, Horde, all loss on both sides and everything in between. I don't consider myself Alliance, I'm a human playing a game and choosing toons I feel drawn to.

    Hordeside might have the upper hand on the "cool" races attracting young men needing to feel badass, and these same young men are often into PVP...not to mention that Horde's got the reputation for being the best for pvp, but then the mediocre players soon come to realize that great players are great no matter what faction they play, and mediocre/bad players can't ride upon class/race...I've seen so much whinging about "never winning" on both sides to last me 4 lifetimes.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2013-01-27 at 07:49 AM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  4. #4
    Alliance gets rolled constantly on Chinese servers as well.

  5. #5
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Posts
    2,051
    It's all relative to your battlegroup man.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire LummyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Brigher Side
    Posts
    430
    Take at look at your Statistics i have over a 60% win rate as alliance.

  7. #7
    Both horde and ally are exactly the same. The issue is the time you play, the battlegroup you play on and believe it or not the BG you are playing. I play horde and ally on the same server and both sides can have good and shitty PVP experiences. In some cases it can actually come down to yourself winning the match more or less on your own (this can be done in AB and WSG especially). In the bigger bgs such as IOC and AV it is much harder to win the BG on your own.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 08:30 AM ----------

    On my Main PVP ally char my win:loss is: 62% win.
    On My 1st ally alt char: 61%

    On my Main PVP horde char: 58%
    On my alt Horde char: 57%

    All on the same server and battlegroup.

  8. #8
    it really depends on battlegroup. a lot of the bads play on the same battlegroup so if u wanna win u need a better group.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Ryeporridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    160
    Play both factions and realize how dumb you sound, it's the exact same no matter which faction you're on.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    Play both factions and realize how dumb you sound, it's the exact same no matter which faction you're on.
    Did you read my post I pointed out 3-4 times that I played both factions.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Did you read my post I pointed out 3-4 times that I played both factions.
    If what you say on your post is an exact representation of your ingame experience, then you are an outlier situation. Most people on this site will have close to a 50% win/loss ratio regardless of faction.

    My Alliance 90 (DK): 55% Win Ratio

    My Horde 90 (Pally): 59% Win Ratio

    Per your original question: No, the Alliance will never get any better as an aggregate whole. And neither will the Horde. But you can increase your personal win rate quite easily by being an effective leader. By this, I mean the following: congratulate people for good moves (thanks for heals/great cap/nice inc call/thanks for the peels), never EVER criticize anyone (causes group cohesion to immediately disintegrate), and call every single incoming to every base throughout the entire game. Just because you are AoE'ing the flag at Waterworks doesn't mean that you shouldn't instantly be aware when the enemy team starts to send people to Lighthouse. Know your maps, know your strats, and most importantly take charge in a POSITIVE and manner. People want a leader who they want to follow. All you have to do is get people to want to follow you and you'll be surprised winning games was ever so difficult.

    However, back to your original point. Let me tell you a story OP: back in Cata, I felt like I was getting steamrolled constantly on my Druid, I never won a significant number of BG's, and I went on ridiculous losing streaks. So, I checked out my BG statistics and I kid you not, I had an exact 50% win/loss ratio. I was floored; how could this disparity exist between my in-game experiences and recorded data of those same experiences? I remembered what I learned in my Psychology class from high school: People are ten times more likely to remember bad experiences than they are to remember good experiences, which happens completely subconciously.

    So, my advice to you OP is to check your win/loss statistics, as well as attempting to become the best battleground leader that you can. You may be surprised by what you find.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2013-01-27 at 04:50 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  12. #12
    Having played both sides my Alliance win rate on a few characters was 30-35%. When I transferred to Horde I managed to finally get above 40% but it took a long time as I had around 800+ BGs played. I will probably never ever get those characters above 50% wins because it would literally mean I would have to win like 500 in a row or something stupid like that. I agree both sides do have their share of bads especially since it seems a lot of the worst alliance players x-ferred over to Horde hoping they would win more. But Horde seems like they just know what they are doing. Rarely does anyone have to communicate they just seem to know what to do. Plus for some reason they actually wear PvP gear to PvP. Yea I know right PvP gear in PvP who would have thought it? I might have 1-2 players with PvE gear as Horde even in a 15 man BG where usually half my team as alliance were in pvp gear or even greens/blues.

    I dont think alliance will ever get better. Its like they just dont care. Alliance BG goes like this. Oh crap we are down 300-1000 in AB time to AFK at stables. Horde goes OK we are down 300-1000 and then 4 caps and end up winning. Rarely have I ever been on a Horde team that flat out gives up unless its just a premade camping us with no intentions of winning the BG and they are just camping us until the timer runs out. I quit for 5 months hoping alliance would have gotten better by then. Came back and lost my first 14 BGs I did. Was during a CTA Battle for Gilneas. Trying to help people just gets you yelled at. When I pvp as alliance I just turn off BG chat and run with the zerg. If no one else wants to win why rage might as well just join them. I mean if we are going to lose Id rather get the most honor I can rather than finish dead last because I decided to defend a node the entire time.

    Also I wish they never kept stats at all. Its just depressing to log in, look at your BG stats, and see a 32% win rate with 500+ BGs done.

  13. #13
    It's not them it's you.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's not them it's you.
    People who make comments like this are seriously retarded IRL. You do realize theres 9,14, and sometimes even 39 other people on my teams right? Please tell me what the hell I can do when Horde has 4 capped us in EoTS and we have idiots going for flags? Am I supposed to go Super Saiyan Rambo and take every tower solo? I swear its like people dont even think they just say stupid shit like "My win rate is 60% you just suck". Really I didnt realize I could use my Jedi powers to somehow mind control people to not be total retards in BGs and actually play to win. Seriously just stop playing WoW.

  15. #15
    Statistically I think Horde do have the better win ratio overall but Alliance do actually have a lot faster queues so I guess that sort of balances it out. In terms of honor grinding at least. If you're going for wins, join with 3-4 people. Even in AV/IoC, having 3-4 in a premade can make a huge impact on the outcome of the BG.
    EU Bnet: Sevaara#2622
    Restoration Druid & Protection Paladin

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    People who make comments like this are seriously retarded IRL. You do realize theres 9,14, and sometimes even 39 other people on my teams right? Please tell me what the hell I can do when Horde has 4 capped us in EoTS and we have idiots going for flags? Am I supposed to go Super Saiyan Rambo and take every tower solo? I swear its like people dont even think they just say stupid shit like "My win rate is 60% you just suck". Really I didnt realize I could use my Jedi powers to somehow mind control people to not be total retards in BGs and actually play to win. Seriously just stop playing WoW.
    You do your part by not being bad. That equals winning more often. So stop being bad. Also, you sound like one of those ragers that all they do is spam and qq in chat rather than actually play the damn game. You are the reason why you keep losing. It's not them, it's you.

  17. #17
    As alliance EU english server (playing with Stormscale, Ravencrest, Outland etc): Alliance loses everything everytime except Alterac and IoC because it's not pvp but pve rush. If horde def alterac and we need to actually pvp, then Ally loses with HKs. and get farmed quickly. If you find OQUEU premades you're screwed. If you side with other 20% bots you're screwed.

    Now put in faction change service in the picture: you get most casual geared pvp players who will pay to win. I decided to roll 5.2 fotm on horde side now. Winning almost every bgs i enter in while leveling. 75 atm with 2 days played. Can't wait to be at 90.

  18. #18
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    People who make comments like this are seriously retarded IRL. You do realize theres 9,14, and sometimes even 39 other people on my teams right? Please tell me what the hell I can do when Horde has 4 capped us in EoTS and we have idiots going for flags? Am I supposed to go Super Saiyan Rambo and take every tower solo? I swear its like people dont even think they just say stupid shit like "My win rate is 60% you just suck". Really I didnt realize I could use my Jedi powers to somehow mind control people to not be total retards in BGs and actually play to win. Seriously just stop playing WoW.
    Then you start being an effective leader.

    Don't be one of those people that tells people to "shut up" when they constantly call out incs, constantly calling out incs is WHAT YOU DO TO WIN.

    If you have control of mid in EotS, but are losing one of the bases because people are just standing around in mid, you know what you do? YOU grab the flag, sit at the base you DO have, and refuse to cap it until they take the other base back. People empty right out of mid.

    Never underestimate the power of calling people out by name either.

    If your team sits in silence the entire BG, you probably aren't going to win. Luckily, that's one thing you can change, and not just by saying "OMG UR all terrible, Delete ur toons loloolololol"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-27 at 10:28 PM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    You do your part by not being bad. That equals winning more often. So stop being bad. Also, you sound like one of those ragers that all they do is spam and qq in chat rather than actually play the damn game. You are the reason why you keep losing. It's not them, it's you.
    Why do people always make blanket statements like "Your team always loses it MUST be YOUR fault" Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound. Having done BGs since they were put into the game I have never seen a single person cause an entire team to perform poorly and thus lose a game. The only way thats possible is if they purposely drop a flag in WSG to let the other team win. Also I have seen the same shit happen the OP listed. In almost every Eye of Storm as Alliance some retards will be at mid when Horde has all 4 towers. How do you blame one person for that? How do you blame one person for losing a Gilneas because 8 people defended LH the entire time making it impossible to win. I have been in those types of losses does that mean Im the reason we are losing as well? Seriously take your elitist attitude and GTFO. BGs are a TEAM effort. Either you win as a team or you lose as a team. You say OP sounds like the QQ BG chat rager but you sound more like one. Only a BH hero wannabe QQ whiner would blame a single person for an entire team's loss.

    Also if you are such a BG god answer OP's question about EoTS. If Horde has 3-4 towers and your entire team is just fighting around mid trying to get flags how would you turn that around and get a win? If you are playing AB and you are 4 capped and everyone is just running to Stables to get slaughtered, again what would you do to win? You randomly blast someone's play who you dont even know and yet you dont offer any advice. Like I said you are probably the closet BG rager in this thread because you sound like half the people in the random BGs I do. Never taking responsibility only calling others bads. I mean seriously re-read your last sentence: "You are the reason why you keep losing. It's not them, it's you." That sounds like its coming from a social outcast 13 year old with mommy issues. Please, please tell me how one single person can make 9,14,or 39 people instantly turn terrible and lose? I have lost ABs by 1000+ points. Please tell me how one person caused that? If you are doing Isle and Horde has your gate down while their gate is only at 50% cause no one defended the glaives again please tell me how one person caused that? If you lose a BG it is in fact everyone's fault. I dont care if you have 10 million healing done if you lost you still contributed to that loss no matter how much better than everyone else you think you are.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Why do people always make blanket statements like "Your team always loses it MUST be YOUR fault" Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound. Having done BGs since they were put into the game I have never seen a single person cause an entire team to perform poorly and thus lose a game. The only way thats possible is if they purposely drop a flag in WSG to let the other team win. Also I have seen the same shit happen the OP listed. In almost every Eye of Storm as Alliance some retards will be at mid when Horde has all 4 towers. How do you blame one person for that? How do you blame one person for losing a Gilneas because 8 people defended LH the entire time making it impossible to win. I have been in those types of losses does that mean Im the reason we are losing as well? Seriously take your elitist attitude and GTFO. BGs are a TEAM effort. Either you win as a team or you lose as a team. You say OP sounds like the QQ BG chat rager but you sound more like one. Only a BH hero wannabe QQ whiner would blame a single person for an entire team's loss.

    Also if you are such a BG god answer OP's question about EoTS. If Horde has 3-4 towers and your entire team is just fighting around mid trying to get flags how would you turn that around and get a win? If you are playing AB and you are 4 capped and everyone is just running to Stables to get slaughtered, again what would you do to win? You randomly blast someone's play who you dont even know and yet you dont offer any advice. Like I said you are probably the closet BG rager in this thread because you sound like half the people in the random BGs I do. Never taking responsibility only calling others bads. I mean seriously re-read your last sentence: "You are the reason why you keep losing. It's not them, it's you." That sounds like its coming from a social outcast 13 year old with mommy issues. Please, please tell me how one single person can make 9,14,or 39 people instantly turn terrible and lose? I have lost ABs by 1000+ points. Please tell me how one person caused that? If you are doing Isle and Horde has your gate down while their gate is only at 50% cause no one defended the glaives again please tell me how one person caused that? If you lose a BG it is in fact everyone's fault. I dont care if you have 10 million healing done if you lost you still contributed to that loss no matter how much better than everyone else you think you are.
    It's not a team game when you put 10 or 15 random noobs together. If you are terrible, the whole team suffers. Not sure why you feel the need for personal insults but I'll flag your post for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •