Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    *snip*
    Four caps are very, very rarely the other team "outplaying" you. At that point, they usually have a massive gear advantage, or (though most often and) a group of three healers where your team has none. Can't do very much at that point, and that's just a spasm of the queue assignment.

    As for "one person loses a BG for everyone," Yes, it CAN happen. Especially in IoC, where one idiot glaive driver tries to drive up to the horde keep instead of attacking from the overlook. One person is all that's needed to defend a base, do you know how many AB/BfG matches I've been in that have been needlessly complicated because some ditz didn't check that they were the last person at a base, and abandoned it to go fight for some base we didn't need? Then one horde comes rolling it, nabs the flag, and we lose the base. Even a poorly geared player can call out an inc. Same goes for EotS, in fact. Or how about the only healer in a WSG/TP? I'm usually the one stuck with carrying the flag, and I can recount SEVERAL instances of being killed where I would have otherwise survived because our healer was bouncing around pointlessly healing people in mid.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Four caps are very, very rarely the other team "outplaying" you. At that point, they usually have a massive gear advantage, or (though most often and) a group of three healers where your team has none. Can't do very much at that point, and that's just a spasm of the queue assignment.

    As for "one person loses a BG for everyone," Yes, it CAN happen. Especially in IoC, where one idiot glaive driver tries to drive up to the horde keep instead of attacking from the overlook. One person is all that's needed to defend a base, do you know how many AB/BfG matches I've been in that have been needlessly complicated because some ditz didn't check that they were the last person at a base, and abandoned it to go fight for some base we didn't need? Then one horde comes rolling it, nabs the flag, and we lose the base. Even a poorly geared player can call out an inc. Same goes for EotS, in fact. Or how about the only healer in a WSG/TP? I'm usually the one stuck with carrying the flag, and I can recount SEVERAL instances of being killed where I would have otherwise survived because our healer was bouncing around pointlessly healing people in mid.
    Just for lolz sometimes I get in one and just drive it off the dock and into the water. But I guess now that I think about it more one person can contribute more to your loss. But just saying "You are the reason your team loses every time" is pretty rude unless you have been in BGs with this person how do you know how they play? Usually when someone says "The only thing your losses have in common is you" I just smell idiot coming through my screen. That can be said about anyone if you wanna put it that way. I mean take the highest rated RBG player in the world and stick him on some of the teams I have been on and we would still lose. Also how about all the bots in BGs that help you lose cause they are all AFKing at mines or lighthouse or a single EoTS tower that no one is even attacking it. Lemme guess thats OP's fault as well?

  3. #23
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Just for lolz sometimes I get in one and just drive it off the dock and into the water. But I guess now that I think about it more one person can contribute more to your loss. But just saying "You are the reason your team loses every time" is pretty rude unless you have been in BGs with this person how do you know how they play? Usually when someone says "The only thing your losses have in common is you" I just smell idiot coming through my screen. That can be said about anyone if you wanna put it that way. I mean take the highest rated RBG player in the world and stick him on some of the teams I have been on and we would still lose. Also how about all the bots in BGs that help you lose cause they are all AFKing at mines or lighthouse or a single EoTS tower that no one is even attacking it. Lemme guess thats OP's fault as well?
    But when half the team is thinking in their heads "I'm just one person, I can't do anything, it must be the entire team's fault," well, what do you expect?
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    5,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    People who make comments like this are seriously retarded IRL. You do realize theres 9,14, and sometimes even 39 other people on my teams right? Please tell me what the hell I can do when Horde has 4 capped us in EoTS and we have idiots going for flags? Am I supposed to go Super Saiyan Rambo and take every tower solo? I swear its like people dont even think they just say stupid shit like "My win rate is 60% you just suck". Really I didnt realize I could use my Jedi powers to somehow mind control people to not be total retards in BGs and actually play to win. Seriously just stop playing WoW.
    I can say, I rarely see alliance win Eots, though.. there is a blacklist button...

    I can say this, per my exp. Alliance for me, wins SSM, the ball game, AV, sota, IOC, and Gilneas 50% or more. Blacklist AV and EOTS

    also Bg's are only about skill if there is an equal number of healers. Since most players are bad, on either side. healers win the game

    Use BG spy to know when you'll win or lose xD
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

  5. #25
    In Battlegrounds such as Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch, Silvershard Mines and Temple one person CAN make and break those battlegrounds. Even if you're a damage based class you can literally be the deciding factor in battlegrounds. This is why when you're on a poorly geared alt you typically lose a lot more often as opposed to running them with your geared main. So keep that in mind before you simply point the finger at your teammates for being "bad", you (more than likely) are not helping.

    As for the whole Alliance losing more than Horde debate, are we back in 2006 when this was (even then) a ridiculous statement? I have been playing both faction since April of '05 and I have been running battlegrounds since Warsong Gulch was released. At no point in World of Warcraft has there been an advantage of being either faction in terms of win/loss ratio. EVER. Any statistic stating otherwise is complete bullshit. You know what determines whether or not YOU win or lose? YOU DO! Sure carrying 9-14 other players is not logical and in some cases it is impossible, BUT if you are finding this to be an issue simply do this, go into trade chat, type "Looking for More for Some Random Battlegrounds 55% Res. requirement". Acquire two healers and three DpS, queue for a random battleground. As long as your premade is not completely brain dead you will at least have a win/loss ratio of 60/40. If at least three of you know what you're doing you will likely be 80/20. It really is not difficult, you are playing an MMO, you need to group with people to succeed. I do not know how some of you have not figured this out by now.

  6. #26
    My stats show that I have won 872/1627 bgs. I've played 99% random battlegrounds and that number is probably way off depending on when the stats track back to -- I played a ton of wsg/ab/av in vanilla.

    The problem is you remember the losses more than the wins.

  7. #27
    My win rates as Alliance are stupid high for AV and Isle of Conquest, like 85%+ Also since I came back I have really been enjoying a lot of wins in Temple of Kotmogu. I think Alliance does well at Temple cause you dont really need healers and all you do is sit at mid and blow people up. Something alliance excels at. I dont know what it is about AB, EoTS, and Gilneas but we are just horrible at those. WSG and Twin Peaks are probably close to 50:50. Strand is iffy. Some brackets I get all wins and some I lose them all. Same at max level some days I will win a lot and some days cant buy a win.

    But AB and EoTS are probably the ones that require actual strategy and maybe thats why we lose most of them. Same with Gilneas. Most of the time I will say "Lets hit WW theres only 2 there" and then I watch 5 people head to mine and only 2 with me. Or we will have 7 people decide that they need to defend LH and its just me and 1 other person left to 2v8 their team and that always goes well. Same in AB. I like sitting at LM on my priest cause I can see everything and can call out INCs. I will watch half our team try and take BS and the other half go to mines and the end result is everyone dies and then horde pushes and takes stables and then everyone gets farmed. And Im going OK wtf there was 1 person at farm and 7 at BS why did we send 3 people to BS instead of farm? EoTS is just Horde farmville. If I get EoTs I just /afk out from the start. Id rather do something else for 15 mins rather than pound my keyboard.

  8. #28
    I think this thread probably comes from the weekend experience. Alliance, for some reason, has had an unusually low win % on my server group this past weekend. I don't know if it's because the Alliance players were worse or because the Horde had a lot of pre mades rolling or a combination of both. I've won 4/17 bgs all weekend. That sample size is far far too small to draw any conclusions from I know, but it's the same story for everyone I've mentioned it to on my server.

    I've seen other weekends go hard the other way, and I've seen weekends where it's 50/50. I prefer the 50/50 weekends, getting steamrolled sucks and driving the steamroller gets boring, for me a good hard fight with a close score at the end is by far the best pvp. My guess is that I'm far from alone with that statement.

  9. #29
    It's because of people like OP that believe that "alliance never wins" that alliance loses many matches. I have more wins than losses and i have always played alliance. What i have noticed is that if alliance is losing everyone starts to demoralize the team in bg chat, while when horde is losing i see them trying to get back to the last minute.
    All in all i think alliance is slightly better at bg's, maybe because many pvp'rs like the human racial. But because of people like OP who start demoralizing as soon as alliance is losing a bit, people tend to "lose quick" instead of trying to win until the game is over like horde's usually do. All of this is not because of different people playing horde/alliance it is because of the misconception that "alliance never wins" and the people trying to uphold that misconception.

  10. #30
    Doesnt it all come down to which team got less bots?
    I mean, im starting to think blizzard doesnt care about Bots anymore. Im even sure they dont. Its just way out of controle with all those bots running around in BGs!
    Main(s) since Vanilla: Enha sham / Hunter. Alt since TBC: Warrior.

  11. #31
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Alliance win 70% where i play. Its a joke, dont even bother with pvp anymore. No one speaks anyway.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord MonsieuRoberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CANADALANDLOL
    Posts
    4,108
    No, but the alliance-like race in Titan will have a fighting chance.

    Edit: Oh, this is a PvP thread...nevermind!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Doesnt it all come down to which team got less bots?
    I mean, im starting to think blizzard doesnt care about Bots anymore. Im even sure they dont. Its just way out of controle with all those bots running around in BGs!
    Botters buy accounts, accounts = $$$
    "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything."

    "It shall be engraved upon your very soul; Nibelung Valesti!"
    Old Warrior - New Warrior

  13. #33
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Doesnt it all come down to which team got less bots?
    I mean, im starting to think blizzard doesnt care about Bots anymore. Im even sure they dont. Its just way out of controle with all those bots running around in BGs!
    There not bots. There just horrible players. Whats the point of so many accounts being used just to bot in a bg? Seriously.
    like i said, no one even speaks anymore. Quality PvP is done in this game.

  14. #34
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,165
    Reading some of your comments back at people who are replying here. I can tell you are one of those 1500 players who in a random BG going for HKs ad then /QQ in BG chat caus we are losing the fight. Call us bads and go full rage trip how we should stop PvPing. Aye i do think you are one of the reason you just lose bgs

    btw queing up with friends might help if you got some ofc

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    If what you say on your post is an exact representation of your ingame experience, then you are an outlier situation. Most people on this site will have close to a 50% win/loss ratio regardless of faction.

    My Alliance 90 (DK): 55% Win Ratio

    My Horde 90 (Pally): 59% Win Ratio

    Per your original question: No, the Alliance will never get any better as an aggregate whole. And neither will the Horde. But you can increase your personal win rate quite easily by being an effective leader. By this, I mean the following: congratulate people for good moves (thanks for heals/great cap/nice inc call/thanks for the peels), never EVER criticize anyone (causes group cohesion to immediately disintegrate), and call every single incoming to every base throughout the entire game. Just because you are AoE'ing the flag at Waterworks doesn't mean that you shouldn't instantly be aware when the enemy team starts to send people to Lighthouse. Know your maps, know your strats, and most importantly take charge in a POSITIVE and manner. People want a leader who they want to follow. All you have to do is get people to want to follow you and you'll be surprised winning games was ever so difficult.

    However, back to your original point. Let me tell you a story OP: back in Cata, I felt like I was getting steamrolled constantly on my Druid, I never won a significant number of BG's, and I went on ridiculous losing streaks. So, I checked out my BG statistics and I kid you not, I had an exact 50% win/loss ratio. I was floored; how could this disparity exist between my in-game experiences and recorded data of those same experiences? I remembered what I learned in my Psychology class from high school: People are ten times more likely to remember bad experiences than they are to remember good experiences, which happens completely subconciously.

    So, my advice to you OP is to check your win/loss statistics, as well as attempting to become the best battleground leader that you can. You may be surprised by what you find.
    I agree with what you said as I was feeling the same way. I just looked up my BG win/loss ration and im roughly 50% in all BG's cept EotS (11-117).

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    it really depends on battlegroup. a lot of the bads play on the same battlegroup so if u wanna win u need a better group.
    random bgs are region wide. battlegorup barly matters

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    There not bots.
    hahahahah
    as someone who used the bot and know they patterns i can 100% guarantee you that in every BG i go in at least 5 players or each team are bots.

  18. #38
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    hahahahah
    as someone who used the bot and know they patterns i can 100% guarantee you that in every BG i go in at least 5 players or each team are bots.
    Ok
    ......
    ..

  19. #39
    Without a doubt Alliance pvp player base is much worse than Horde.

    Their is no question about it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
    Play both factions and realize how dumb you sound, it's the exact same no matter which faction you're on.

    This. 10 chars

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •