Deleted

Seasonic Fanless X-520FLII 520W Passive Power Supply (yummy!)

Fan-less, fully modular, platinum and 7 year warranty...

I'm just gonna say this is really awesome without knowing the MSRP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, but it protects you from feral Steam Sales. 400w looks to be $120, 520w looks to be $150.

Thinking about one or similar for my HTPC, as now my old PSU is the noisiest component! Airflow can be an issue though I guess.

*goes to find his "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" meme picture*

That is a pretty awesome piece of kit there.

It baffles me that people look at this, and their response is "don't buy this if you use 300-500w, you need 1000w powersupply"

...Yes. If you were perpetually at max load. At idle you're more like 200w, if even that...

Throws money at screen but nothing happening yet lol
    You Can't C Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It baffles me that people look at this, and their response is "don't buy this if you use 300-500w, you need 1000w powersupply"

...Yes. If you were perpetually at max load. At idle you're more like 200w, if even that...
    I think the component that draws the most power when my PC is idling is probably the caviar blue. I'd be surprised if the total idle draw was more than 50-60W.

Any good software to measure btw?

No idea, just going off the idle power draw ratings on the box for my stuff

Just incase anyone want's this psu ncix already has it http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=79065
    You Can't C Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I think the component that draws the most power when my PC is idling is probably the caviar blue. I'd be surprised if the total idle draw was more than 50-60W.
    The Caviar Blue 1GB idles at around 5W, I bet both your GPU and CPU use more power than that in idle.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough headroom wattage for my setup I don't think. Hopefully we see higher wattage fanless power supplies in the near future. My Seasonic X-650 is fine enough for now.

12W for the CPU, 30W for the GPU, plus a couple of watts for hard-drives, keyboard LEDs, motherboard chipset...that is still around 50W total. Which is hardly anything when you think about it.

What are the conditions required for "long idle"? Because the box my graphics card came in says it drops down to under 3W when "long idled".

Pretty nice pretty nice, I wonder if it could hold up here in Brazil during summer.

12W for the CPU, 30W for the GPU, plus a couple of watts for hard-drives, keyboard LEDs, motherboard chipset...that is still around 50W total. Which is hardly anything when you think about it.

What are the conditions required for "long idle"? Because the box my graphics card came in says it drops down to under 3W when "long idled".
    That is when your screen goes into power saving mode or something like that.

Meanwhile under the so-called “long idle” scenario with a blank monitor, the 7000 series continues to cement its lead. Officially all Southern Islands cards have a long idle power consumption level of <3W since they should all be using the same PCIe controller to keep a heartbeat going, however we’re finding there is a difference, even between the 7750 and 7770. The 7770 consumes 3W less than the 7900 series, meanwhile the 7750W consumes another 3W less.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    *goes to find his "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" meme picture*

That is a pretty awesome piece of kit there.
    Haha exactly my thoughts I don't care it cost extra... They really provide some great units.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used the 460 fanless in a build and I was really amazed by how it preforms. I think this 520 will be the staple if your wanting to build a silent pc and are just not sure the 460 is not enough but we all know a 460 is plenty for most non dual GPU setups.