Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    So lemme get this straight, you seeing several speeding pickups while you drive your what, hour or two a day drive is enough proof that all pickup drivers speed during the remaining 22 hours? Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. Now onto the "compensating" talk, I hear that I couldn't possibly want to drive a vehicle that looks good, rides nice, has plenty of space for work or play, can haul five people comfortably, and is reliable/durable enough for when I have to pull idiots out if ditches on snowy days means I have a small pecker? What was that about anecdotal evidence?
    I don't know where the compensation bit came from, thats not what I'm implying at all.

If by pick-up you mean shit like this:

picture sharing

Then yes, they are mostly reckless.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant help but agree with the op. ive had the same generalized experiences around where i live with people driving pickups that think they have a vehicle that can handle like a sports car. idiots dont have a clue. probably why we hear so many motor vehicle accidents involving trucks on our scanner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drive a Toyota Tacoma and I generally speed. Nothing ridiculous, but generally 10 miles over. Unless I'm headed to Florida to see my mom, but it's a 7 hour drive I can't got the speed limit without losing my mind. But I guess I am just a reckless college kid and I would speed in whatever I was driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I hear that I couldn't possibly want to drive a vehicle that looks good, rides nice
    If you wanted a vehicle that looks good and rides nice, you wouldn't consider a truck.

Yes OP, most of the time generalizations are biased and hold no ground.
    This is not one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

I'm driving down the Highway in my Taurus going the speed limit? I'm going to be passed like I'm going 20 mph.
    This is your problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you wanted a vehicle that looks good and rides nice, you wouldn't consider a truck.
    O LAWDY LAWDY I FORGOT THAT IF I DON'T HAVE THE SAME TASTE AS YOU I'M WRONG!

Taste is subjective, and my Silverado rides like a dream even with my off-road tires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I speed a lot in my little 2000 Ford Focus. I see slow pick-ups all of the time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm thats funny, where i live i see more douchebags in bmws and shit thinkin their hot shit speeding like crazy, riding my ass and everything. i thoroughly enjoy it when someone is speeding and ends up getting behind me or starts riding my ass, ill intentionally drive under the speed limit in hopes i piss them off or even hope they try and pass me then speed back up to the speed limit. got no problem with people driving fast but i do have a problem with douchebags who drive 10 feet off my back bumper.

dont get me wrong, im not an old granny and i dont drive under the speed limit, i generally drive the speed limit and in most cases not any faster than 5 or 10 over it. very rarely do speed 10 mph over the limit unless im in a familiar area an i know for certain there are no cops around.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    what? i own a truck and my friend owns a truck and they ride very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No question about it, I'm not even over-generalizing. Maybe it's different where you're from, but not here. Pick-up truck drivers ALWAYS speed.

I'm driving down the Highway in my Taurus going the speed limit? I'm going to be passed like I'm going 20 mph.

I'm turning left on a 2-lane road? You bet he'll pass me on my right and drive half on the dirt.

the northern US is currently being buried under a foot of snow and I feel safe driving 10 mph under the speed limit? No man, its okay, you have 4-wheel drive on your F-150, please just pass me going 10 miles above speed limit and kick up snow on to my windshield.

Oh, its 2am on a tuesday night? WHERE DO YOU HAVE TO BE that you feel justified driving 100 mph down the freeway with your brights directly on my rear? No cops on the road huh? Going to be a hotshot? Nice car emblem of Calvin peeing on the logo of whatever sports team you don't like.

Whenever I'm on the highway and a pickup truck goes speeding past me at the speed of light, I silently pray it fishtails and then skids into a deep ravine, shattering into a million pieces, then explodes into a fiery hell.

Sure, people who speed aren't always driving pick-ups, but every damn pick-up driver speeds.

WHY? WHY IS THIS?
    Cause when your driving a nice big pickup truck your sitting higher up, and you just have so much more control than you do in a little 4 door it allows you to do 90 and only have it feel like your doing 60. I had a little 4 door once and omg the wind, and rabbits, and everything else pushed it around all over the place, after college and after I got my big expensive truck omg the difference. You just have so much control, wind doesn't move you, bumps feel like grains of sand, and the list goes on, I catch myself doing like 95 and have to slow down cause I just don't notice it. Feels like I'm doing 60 and when I slow to 60 it feels like I'm going 30. lol.

I actually see more people speeding in expensive cars. Of course, I don't mind if it's a pick-up truck or a corvette that's speeding, as long as they catch all the highway patrol for me.

Oh, and fuck lifted pick-up trucks. I can't see anything behind me when I'm being tailgated by one, and I can't see anything in front of me when one cuts in front of me. Aren't those things meant for off road driving? I'm pretty the freeway is not off road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

from my experince as someone who 90% of the time drive at the speed limit ( and if I can slower) it seems most people speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    from my experince as someone who 90% of the time drive at the speed limit ( and if I can slower) it seems most people speed.
    I hope you at least stay out of the left most lanes. Most people drive the same speed that everyone else is driving so that the flow of traffic doesn't get messed up. If everyone is driving 65, I go 65. If everyone is going 75, I go 75.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I do, and I let people pass, however at what point do you stop, if everyone around you is going 90 are you going to go 90 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    I do, and I let people pass, however at what point do you stop, if everyone around you is going 90 are you going to go 90 too?
    Yes, because people passing left and right to get around me will be more likely to get in an accident at 90 as opposed to 80 or 70. However, there's no point thinking about it much because in my experience the average traffic doesn't go much past 80, even at night when there's nobody on the roads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I speed in my 04 mustang ALL the time, I speed in my moms Charger all the time and I speed in my dads big dodge truck all the time too. I just speed. For information, 20 year old college student, never had a accident or a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartharias View Post
    I speed in my 04 mustang ALL the time, I speed in my moms Charger all the time and I speed in my dads big dodge truck all the time too. I just speed. For information, 20 year old college student, never had a accident or a ticket.
    I'm going to use you.

" Look at me I speed all the time and never got into an accident or got a ticket."

Don't see many people past the age of 40 who speed all the time and like to brag about it. well you din the the cemetery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    The other day I'm on a wide, well-maintained, two-lane road with big shoulders on each side, the speed limit is 55 mph, and it's a nice day outside, perfect weather, and the asshole in front of me is going 35 mph. And it was a no passing zone due to turns and stuff.
    Now my question is, why the hell do people go under the speed limit, when there are no adverse conditions, or situations that would cause them to do so? It's just infuriating.
    You should try driving this way in a less advanced infrastructured country like me where we have some like 320 km of highway rest is just two-lane roads or extended express two-way roads. If you get cought by a guy going under the speed limit or at the speed limit good luck making where you have to be on time. I overspeed about 90% the time, due the fact that to make 300km I have to drive about 5.5-6h. And ofc overtaking when possible not that much via sign for "no passing" zone but by common sense and knowing the distance, time needed and such.

Suck tho, since if you don't get used to it and learn to judge fast you end up in a car crash, hence why we do have a quite high death via car accidents.

ps: A good advantage for a SUV or any high driver position car in this scenario of driving is that you most of the time can see further and past the car in front of you, making overtaking more easy. Just like semi truck drivers can see about two curbs ahead of you since they are way way higher.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-01-28 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a graph to answer your question.

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥