Poll: Have you ever bought condoms?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please. Try going on a gay date. You should see the look the cashier gives you when you buy condoms, Astroglide, a box of enemas and three bottles of Champagne...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yes, when I was like 18 it was kinda embarrassing when I got to college it was more of a yeah that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Oh please. Try going on a gay date. You should see the look the cashier gives you when you buy condoms, Astroglide, a box of enemas and three bottles of Champagne...
    My friend (male) was buying condoms, and I made the situation... fabulous... if you catch my drift...

No, not needed yet(15), although i already found several condons hidden in my father's room.

15+ Year Old Account
    i buy them every week or 2, depending on what size box i buy. Im in no way embarrassed or smug about it. I normally go to the 711 down the block from me or the gas station across the street. The guy at the gas station is an indian guy around 35yrs old and he always just says something along the lines of "have fun buddy". Why would u be embarrassed or smug? Do u know how many people have sex everyday? You're nothin special.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought condoms a couple of times. Always tried out different brands, cause... Well, I'm a bit over average. I need to go to an actual sex-shops to find ones that are big enough(<.< no trolling). Although, if your point is if I am being awkward about it.. Nope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I've bought condoms a couple of times. Always tried out different brands, cause... Well, I'm a bit over average. I need to go to an actual sex-shops to find ones that are big enough(<.< no trolling). Although, if your point is if I am being awkward about it.. Nope
    This made me think of a time when my brother noticed that these girls at a gas station store were talking about how lame it was that guys would ask "do you have these in a bigger size?" The next day he went back to the same store and got the small sized pack and brought it up to the counter and said, "do you have any smaller than these? I tried these ones, but they keep sliding off."

Never buy when I have a girlfriends as it's more common for the girl to be on pills and it would be very expencive. When I am single I buy though, once bought "Glow in dark" ones as I though it would be fun, my current girlfriend refuses to let me use them thouhg

Nope. Never had a need to buy them. Still proudly a virgin. Plan to stay that way till my wedding night.

But from that day forward I shall buy them by the masses!

Never understood why some people find it awkward. People fuck.

That said, I am a jerk and will typically find the most innocent looking cashier and go through that checkout with a box of magnums.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    This made me think of a time when my brother noticed that these girls at a gas station store were talking about how lame it was that guys would ask "do you have these in a bigger size?" The next day he went back to the same store and got the small sized pack and brought it up to the counter and said, "do you have any smaller than these? I tried these ones, but they keep sliding off."
    That is just gold, that's hilarious.

I've not bought any at all, aside from the time where there was this government office type place in the mall where they gave a free paperbag with a strip of condoms, approximately 10-12 of them. It was to help teenagers and keep them protected. It was so awkward asking for them at age 16, but now I don't think I'd have as much as a problem buying them from the store BUT.. Shopping centers have these monitors that display every item the cashier has scanned and added onto your transaction, so the people waiting behind you can read that monitor.

Though recently we have self-serve checkouts so it's not as awkward buying private items.

i tried once in high school, ~17. didn't have the nerve too
    ended up breaking up with the girl a few days later (different reason ofc).
    9 years later haven't had a reason to buy any now otherwise i would have no problem doing it now at my age

Reminded of a story from high school, a few of us decided we were going to prank a friend of ours by filling condoms with simulated jizz (hand cream) in them and then tying them to various points on his car. This was a great idea until we got to the checkout and realized the strange look we were getting from the cashier was because "we" included 2 males and 1 female and we were buying 2 boxes of condoms and a tube of hand lotion. While no words were ever spoken, the message of disappointment was clearly received from the cashier.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Of course...

Buying condoms shouldn't feel weird at all. If you're purchasing condoms you should be at a mature enough age to understand no-one gives a shit about what you do with your cock. The fact you're being safe and sensible shouldn't be an embarrassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be a dedicated shop in the Corn Exchange in Leeds, so you could not really be embarrssed if you passed over the threshold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only will I buy condoms out in the open, I will have an avid discussion over the best brands with the clerk.

Then again, I only buy my 'goodies' from adult stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Yes, i don't think it's embarrassing at all.

I don't really get what's the fuss about it. I usually buy them at the nearest pharmacy. When it comes to condoms, lubes in general a pharmacy or a "decent" sex shop is your best bet. In general they can give you proper advice on their use and how they possibly interact both with the condoms and your or your partners skin. One of the things is that lubes greatly improve sex when you are using a condom, but certain lubes can cause irritation for women or aren't really pleasureable or can damage the condom.

Anyways point is. If you are an adult or young adult what's the issue with having a safe and healthy sex life? Why should you be embarrased by it? I dont really get it.

Deleted
    Dear Sir, Im most certain I did not find my condoms lying on the ground.

You just go into the store, pick them up, go to the cashier, lay them down and pay. That's really it !

Never had problems, never will I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have never really understood ppl feeling weird when they buy them. Honestly if buying them embarrasses you maybe you shouldn't be having sex.
    Word. Bought them countless times and I don't really understand the big deal, no cleark ever gave any weird looks either. Maybe because I actually live in a civilized country?