Help reviving an old desktop. New GPU, old old desktop.

So yesterday a friend gave me an old eMachine T6520. He had it in his closest for somewhere around 4-5+ years.

Got home, opened it up and dusted/verified integrity of wiring then plugged it in and started it up. Everything appears to work great. The machine overall doesn't appear to have been used a whole lot in it's lifetime either.

I've decided to make this a gift to my father. His computer use includes web browsing, video playback and flash games. Other then that, the most intensive game he's ever played was the original Starcraft. So I figure for a good laugh I'd put that on there as well.

Aside from the obvious reformatting, I'd like to fit it this old machine with a dedicated GPU sporting an HDMI connection.

Anyone have any suggestions on an appropriate GPU for this age old machine? Tomorrow I'll be making a trip to the Orange County Microcenter to pick up parts for 2 other build projects I need to finish. So perhaps I could pick something up there and call it a day.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Dell U2711 27" | Corsair K60 | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

any nvidia GT 2xx or Radeon HD54xx would do fine if thats all you need, around 29 bucks

I was thinking about picking up an nvidia geforce 210 for $25 at the store. However, I'm fairly certain the 300watt PSU won't cut it and would probably have to replace it as well.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Dell U2711 27" | Corsair K60 | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

A GT 210 barely uses any power, that PSU will be enough.

It should be fine. The 210power usage is 30w. That system likely doesn't break 100w total power.

My concern is the PSU outright failing. It's not the standard PSU, it's a cheap shoddy no name replacement installed sometime after it was initially bought. Asked my friend, he said his ex-fiance had a hand in it and left it at that.

There's a difference between "Not enough power" and "Broken part"... Just replace it if it isn't actually functional. You have to replace it regardless of the GPU.