[Star Wars] JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars Movie!

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21214040

There has been a lot of discussion over the last few months, about how Disney & LucasFilms have killed off a great story, but this move fills me with a lot more hope then I previously had.

I've loved the last few films Disney has managed to push out (Tron Legacy & Avengers) and I love what JJ Abrams did with Lost & Star Trek.

Question; Do you have faith in the next Star Wars Film being awesome, now that JJ Abrams is directing it?

Don't forget to mention <Fringe> , another one of his succesful series which just ended (with a real ending, not a cliffhanger ;p) after 5 seasons!

So yea you could say i'm quite stoked to hear this news! I was never really fussed about the new star wars movies anyways, it's great and I never got the qq around it!
    made by Shyama

I knew it was going to be great when i first heard that disney bought the rights, i mean c'mon they bought marvel and look what they've done with it... amazing

I've never watched Fringe myself, so I just included what I knew.

I've always loved the Star Wars franchise, and although I did prefer the Episode 4, 5 & 6 more, I still loved Episodes 1, 2 & 3.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:29 AM ----------

Sorry! Didn't see the other thread about this. I did a quick scan, but nothing prolonged.

Once it left Luca's hands, it could only get better. Bringing Abrams in will definitely push it in a positive direction.
    The less you know, the more you believe.

Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

someone who has directed stark trek movies has absolutely ZERO business directing a star wars movie. i am beyond pissed off at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    someone who has directed stark trek movies has absolutely ZERO business directing a star wars movie. i am beyond pissed off at this.
    Of all the things wrong in the world today, this pisses you off?
    "Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!"
    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since October 22, 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tradewind isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    Other then the quality of a director's previous movies, I fail to understand how his previous work makes him the wrong person to direct a Star Wars movie. If anything considering the job he did at Star Trek you should be quite happy.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle