Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wink Blizzard stating Ret is a joke

As clear as it can be:

Not enough people want to take Rogue to serious PVP: Blizz buff/rework Rogues.
    Not enough people want to take Monk to serious PVP: Blizz buff/rework Monk.
    Not enough people want to take Ret to serious PVP: Blizz keep saying Ret is OK.

People always take DK into RBGs and is always in a good spot for PVP: Buff baseline silence to double use.

Feral is in great spot: buff the damage to make a control ability more viable to use.

SPriests OP as hell, with Void Shift + Dispersion to LayonHand a target, huge loads of area peels/CC, silence and disarm, DoT Cleave, bubble usable carrying orb/flag every 2 mins: leave as it is.

Warlocks can self heal 80% life every 2 mins can sacrifice a pet (and ress it easy and fast) to get a shield that absorvs for 1 MILLION, not to mention the endless peels/control and utility with pets, taking one to RBGs is almost mandatory and always on top spot on arena. Lost a instant fear (now can use endless fears still, only has to cast) and there's tears all arround of pity about how underpowered Lock will be without blood fear.

Blizz did the right thing with Mage heals, War's control/surivivability, Druid displacer beast and cyclone but that's 10% of what must be done. Now Blizzard has NO FEAR AT ALL of making Rogues and Monks OP but STILL refuses to FIX old problems with other DPS PVP specs.

Ret was bad at Cata, got worse on MoP and now even Enhancement is better, there's just no way someone can compete on arenas as a Ret. And it's clear that Blizzard want it this way. Blizzard never stated that Ret is in a decent spot to compete for rated PVP - it just keeps repeating Ret is where THEY WANT IT TO BE. Ret is fine, Ret is OK.

It's OK if the right spot is the 1600 rating or being carried by a team.

From Cata to MoP Blizzard STATED CLEARLY that Ret should reroll Holy:

Blizzard takes away Ret suriviability by nerfing WoG to the ground: No CD but heals for 60% less, makes a Ret spend to many GCDs to get 2 WoGs and by the time it goes off, Ret deals much less the already weak sustained and therefore making a DEAD USELESS hability if you want to DPS.

Blizzard TAKES AWAY ALMOST ALL Ret exclusive habilities and give it to Holy:

- Give Zealotry to Holy
    - Give Sacred Shield to Holy
    - Give Long Arm of the Law to Holy
    - Give Divine Purpose to Holy
    - Remove Repentance from Ret and give it to Holy

In Cata every Ret heard: just go Holy, Ret brings nothing to RBG and only ultra hardcore players can do something with this spec. Go Holy.

Now Ret loses Repentance: no Ret can stop to CAST, it's the same as to send a Mage to HIT MELEE. On top of that they increase the cast time: it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR Ret DOES NOT EXIST for Blizzard. There's no arguing about that.

But it gets better: they decided to make jokes about Ret now: They buffed the self FoL.
    As if they expect a melee DPS that have to RUN since has no Charge/Grip to go back behind a pillar, cast 3 FoL to get oom, and go back all the way to melee range of the target. To make a Ret use FoL is the SAME as making a healer get to the enemy range to cast a heal.

Let's elaborate the JOKE, as it's clearly stated that Rets ar CLOWNS:

- No Ret can survive any kind of pressure outside of bubble, so by the time any Ret gets anywere NEAR a safe spot to heal with a FoL is alredy dead.

- If Ret realises that he won't survive to get to a safe spot to cast FoL and tries to cast anyway, it will suffer knockback from damage while casting, increasing the cast time. It can be interrupted/CCd/Silenced and LOCKED so a Ret must fakecast becouse if it gets locked he can't use ANY spell, even bubble so it's like and auto-CC.

- If by some miracle it gets there, the whole enemy team leaves him to heal up alone he won't be doing any of the already weak damage it has outside of cooldowns, won't be giving any utility or peels/CC (as if it has any reliable one) for the team. So the best scenario, the team has to CARRY Ret on the back just so he won't die, if he is lucky.

So the only buff here is to a Self Selfless Healer with 3 stacks, so it heals now for amasing 54k instead of 29k it does on live. Let's say it heals for 60k. That's a free heal at the cost of a talent and 3 judgments, so 16 secs at best. That's how Ret survivability is.

So I'm making this thread in hope a blue gets here and says "OK... you got us... we're just too lazy to fix a spec we don't care about Rets, we go for the effort of fixing Rogues and Monks, making the game balaced by fixing blood fear, instant cyclone and displacer beast... we will leave SPriests OP for this season again, leave even Enhancement the other forsaken better than Ret and make jokes like this on Rets so we have something to laugh about on friday nights. We can do whatever we want with the game and if you rage quit it just means you are incompetent and could not play on the same skill as every other spec becouse it's balanced and if nobody wants to take a Ret to the game, it means the whole PVP community of WoW can't see how unique and great tools, utility and gameplay only Ret can bring to the team. You are ALL blind and incompetent, only we from Blizzard can see and won't tell you about the super secrets from Ret that makes it as good as other specs for PVP. We don't care enought to give an explanation."

So let's wait for it.

And if someone wants to say this is a qq, post a img of someone puging Ret for RBGs/Arenas on trade chat and the link of Rets that got from 1600 to 2200 plus rating this season. Or else I'm absolutely right.
    Last edited by Cronosmash; 2013-01-24 at 12:17 PM.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

i love my ret pally, what are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    And if someone wants to say this is a qq, post a img of someone puging Ret for RBGs/Arenas on trade chat and the link of Rets that got from 1600 to 2200 plus rating this season. Or else I'm absolutely right.
    post your image, because I say you're a walking dick, or else I'm absolutely right.

Infracted. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-24 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Because paladins are about tanking and healing, none should play ret.... both pvp and pve-wise.
    It's (and it has always been) a fail spec. I really hope they finally get over it and admit they failed at disegning it since the beginning, and let it R.I.P. or rework it completely.

That's an opinion of course, but except for some small spans of time ret have always been bad or flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You with the link there hit 2200 past season not this one - remember MMR Reset.

I love my Ret, It's my main since ever. But the game is not balanced to make Ret competitive. There's a lot of topics showing why and what needs to be done to fix Ret and blizz keeps ignoring them. AT LEAST should have a explanation. It's not OK as it, there's logic supporting it and we deserve a reworking. They did Rogues and Monks, there's no reason not to do Rets other than they don't care.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

So you're comparing 2 classes to the spec of one class. Rogues and monks in general needed some love in pvp. As much as you might love ret at least your class has the option of changing specs to a viable one for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    So you're comparing 2 classes to the spec of one class. Rogues and monks in general needed some love in pvp. As much as you might love ret at least your class has the option of changing specs to a viable one for pvp.
    That mindset is completely unacceptable. I havent been holy since trying it out for a week in season 1, I will NEVER be forced into holy on my paladin. People used to rage at me during wraith for having both of my dual specs ret. Saying change specs is the same as saying reroll to a dedicated ret paladin, im staying ret until the bitter end. The return of this lolret attitude is ridiculous, and we certainly have issues right now. Taking away most of the unique abilities of the spec and turning us into lame warriors is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    No, that is not a option. Ret is melee dps spec, Holy is a healing spec. To change from Ret to holy is changing your entire play style. No one should be forced to play something like don't like because Blizzard is too lazy to care.

so i play Ret PVP-PVe and it being 5 years like that since i created my account
    do u want me to reroll Holy?
    i would cancle my sub if im forced to Reroll

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that many players are quick to blame the developer, or lag, or Ghostcrawler for their own lack of knowledge or skill. Ret Paladins are fine and Blizzard has never suggested (seriously) anything that the OP seems to have convinced himself of.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I don't get it. Why the fuck do people rage on forums, it's not like Blizzard is going to look at this post and say, "Oh, he's right GC, what the fuck ARE you doing? Let's makes some changes to Ret."

I agree that Blizzard sometimes fucks balancing up (In some cases serious), but what's going to be accomplished when you just whine?

i said it and i will say it again , from all hybrid melee classes Ret Suffers more
    they want Monks to be viable in PVP , Dks and warriors have their position in RBGS and Arenas

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it´s a shame ret isn´t in a good place... Ever. Good thing I love healing and my paladin is holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I find that many players are quick to blame the developer, or lag, or Ghostcrawler for their own lack of knowledge or skill. Ret Paladins are fine and Blizzard has never suggested (seriously) anything that the OP seems to have convinced himself of.
    Sorry, but this trend of refusing to take rets to an RBG is not a player skill issue. Educate yourself

And I cant tell you how many times blizzard has said ret is fine, only to realize several months later that they were terribly wrong. Remember when they thought it was a great idea to give WOG a 20 second cooldown, in spite of everyone saying they were dead wrong?

Ret is exactly where Blizzard want it to be right now; a melee support spec.

Is that fine? Sure, for the people who essentially want to be 'the help' in PvP. That said, the improvements to Paladin self healing that are to come next patch are welcome;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sword of Light now increases healing done by Flash of Light by 100%, up from 35%.
    The problem with Ret paladins however, goes much deeper. Every single one of our skills is bound do a CD, and all of our burst is bound to CDs also. They want to fix Ret? I proposed a simple glyph change in another thread that would do us the world of good;

Where would I begin? Changing Glyph of Inquisition. Why should we sacrifice 15% DPS for a longer duration when Feral Druids get 12 secs of Savage Roar for free with no sacrifices? I would either pump the duration of Inquisition up to at least 35/40 secs and/or reduce the Holy Power cost. Savage Roar goes over 40 secs with 5 combo points (and combo points are much easier to generate than Holy power given the fact that every goddamn Paladin spell has a CD), and Slice and Dice goes up to about ~36 secs (again, with combo points) and is instant-refreshed with Envenom in Assassination, one of the most common specs atm.

Glyph of Inquisition: Resets the duration of Inquisition to its full duration upon killing an enemy that awards exp/honour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz says Rogues are fine, community and numbers proves they are not. Buff Rogues to being the most OP.
    Blizz says Monks are fine, community and numbers proves they are not. Buff Rogues to being AWESOME.
    Blizz says Rets are fine, community and numbers proves they are not. Blizzard does nothing.

If Ret is suposed to be bad, than so is Shadow Priest and that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ret is exactly where Blizzard want it to be right now; a melee support spec.

Is that fine? Sure, for the people who essentially want to be 'the help' in PvP. That said, the improvements to Paladin self healing that are to come next patch are welcome;

The problem with Ret paladins however, goes much deeper. Every single one of our skills is bound do a CD, and all of our burst is bound to CDs also. They want to fix Ret? I proposed a simple glyph change in another thread that would do us the world of good;
    Not that I disagree with the first part, as we are essentially "the help" (lol) rather than anything prominent or useful. That's not what I signed up to be, but whatever...if that's to be our role, at least make it VIABLE. Subpar damage outside of (long) cooldowns, little to no peels, subpar survival CDs, mediocre group utility via BoP and debatably Devo Aura (also on LONG cooldowns), and poor mobility unless we use some group utility like Freedom on ourselves, which defeats the purpose. We are prime train targets, and giving us a buff in the form of a hard-cast heal (outside of SH every ~15 sec) is kind of a mean joke.

But, I'm confused as to what this glyph would help, outside of dailies/leveling. In Arenas (if you get on a decent team), if you proc it on a KB, you've kinda already won the match most times. In RBGs (again, big IF), you might snag 1 KB in a teamfight over a real burst class or class with a real execute. I mean, it's a cool QoL change for the leveling game and/or dailies, but I don't see how it's a PVP fix unless I'm just missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

What else is new? I've given up on Ret PvP long ago, so have most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    But, I'm confused as to what this glyph would help, outside of dailies/leveling. In Arenas (if you get on a decent team), if you proc it on a KB, you've kinda already won the match most times. In RBGs (again, big IF), you might snag 1 KB in a teamfight over a real burst class or class with a real execute. I mean, it's a cool QoL change for the leveling game and/or dailies, but I don't see how it's a PVP fix unless I'm just missing something.
    It was a bit of a general idea at the time. They could do something as simple as remove the 15% DPS nerf from the current glyph, or add an effect wherein Inquisition resets to its full duration upon each Templar's Verdict. 3 Holy Power for 30 secs of a vital self-buff is ridiculous.