Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Easiest Warlock to play

I've got a level 85 Warlock on the Horde side, which i've played with during Wrath and 4.0 (BWD-BoT). Since then i've become a Shaman.
    Now, i want to start a new Warlock, but what is the easiest one to play today? Back then, Destruction was by far the easiest, faceroll spec. Affliction used to be the braincracker.

Deleted
    Leveling is so easy you can faceroll it without a spec, no, really.

So whatever spec you choose is fine.
    At lvl90 Affliction sims the highest.

Deleted
    I don't care about being the top DPS. I don't even plan on raiding seriously. I just wonder what the easiest spec to play is at Lvl90.

Deleted
    Any of the specs can be played to a mediocre level pretty easily - they all seem to have a low skill floor, but high skill cap these days.

Try out any 3 of them and see what you like the best, afflictions pretty easy to play to a low level if you're fine keeping track of dots, alternatively demo has less dots to keep track of and can be played to a decent degree without worrying about minmaxing meta with procs.

Destruction literally only need to use 3 buttons to do decent damage single target. You can even get away with just putting up Rain of Fire and channel Harvest Life when there's AoE.

Dot classes seems to be really hard to handle for newbies. So I wouldn't recommend Affliction.

Demonology is less unforgiving this expansion but there's still quite a lot to keep track of. Stuff that can make your damage go down by a lot if you get out of sync.

No DPS class/spec is hard to play and execute decently, but if you're looking for the easiest Warlock spec it's definitely Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Destruction literally only need to use 3 buttons to do decent damage single target. You can even get away with just putting up Rain of Fire and channel Harvest Life when there's AoE.
    Worst advice of all time.

To answer your question though OP they're all fairly easy to play and more difficult to master if you want to get 100% out of the spec. Which is the easiest or hardest will depend on you as a person. The easiest to "faceroll" with would probably be destro but you'll still get destroyed by someone that puts in the time to really master the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post

To answer your question though OP they're all fairly easy to play and more difficult to master if you want to get 100% out of the spec. Which is the easiest or hardest will depend on you as a person. The easiest to "faceroll" with would probably be destro but you'll still get destroyed by someone that puts in the time to really master the spec.
    I don't see how your advice is any better.

I think Affliction is the easiest together with destro. I've played afflock in cata and now pandaria and I don't see what ppl are talking about when they say it's hard. Hardest is demo imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction.
    1. Immolate, conflag, spam incinerate (hitting conflag on CD/refreshing immo)
    2. When you have 4 embers, pop DS and spam CB.
    Once embers are gone, repeat step 1 until you reach the conditions for step 2.

As a fairly new Warlock myself, I find that Destruction is by far the easiest of the specs for pretty much everything. Followed by Demonology, followed by Affliction coming in as the hardest to play for me.

It's ironic, I used to play a Shadow Priest yet I find Affliction hard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post

no, that was the best advice available actually, it's already been established the OP is uninterested in performance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo by far you have two resources to watch as well as all your cooldowns plus dots to manage in and out of meta as well as managing pet AI mongoing around. It's not that difficult just much more going on than the other two specs. Destro for beginners is easy since not that many buttons before you get into the intricacies of spending embers during procs and havoc usage. Affliction is very very forgiving now with pandemic. All three offer a very different experience in playstyle so my advice is try them all and run with what you enjoy the most as until you become very good at playing a lock you'll have the most success with having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    Leveling is so easy you can faceroll it without a spec, no, really.
    Has anyone tried to level up without a spec now days, is that even possible in mop, will game allow you to advance beyond level10?
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

I'd say the easiest leveling spec would be destruction. No stance dancing, no heavy multi-dotting. Use the voidlord and get the killing rotation down that you like, not even sure if immolate would be worth it while leveling but to me this is the 'easiest' route, definitely not the most efficient though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I've got a level 85 Warlock on the Horde side, which i've played with during Wrath and 4.0 (BWD-BoT). Since then i've become a Shaman.
    Now, i want to start a new Warlock, but what is the easiest one to play today? Back then, Destruction was by far the easiest, faceroll spec. Affliction used to be the braincracker.
    I agree with everyone saying the 3 specs are equally easy to play now. If you remember the Affliction spec before (don't remember if this applies to WotLK), Shadow Embrace was a tough task to track, especially with more than one target. Now the rotation is fairly simple (at least from what i've seen on my friend's screen, I abandoned my Lock), think they even removed Shadow Embrace. In fact, having re-rolled to Retribution, I gasp at how easy it is for my Lock friend to put out single/aoe damage. He's been Destro for many years. Came MoP he tried Affliction and stuck to it ever since as his main spec.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

are you asking which is the best for lvl'ing? IMO demo is the best for lvl'ing by far. I play affliction but still do my dailies in demo, you just can't be killed in demo, literally, and playing solo / getting quests done is incredibly quick. You can't be surrounded by enough to ever kill you, the aoe is so incredible, plus if you get a phone call or something you can walk away and your demon will pretty much just kill the stuff for you. It's actually better and way more efficient to just run around, collect EVERYTHING within range of corruption and aoe. Take the harvest life talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    are you asking which is the best for lvl'ing? IMO demo is the best for lvl'ing by far. I play affliction but still do my dailies in demo, you just can't be killed in demo, literally, and playing solo / getting quests done is incredibly quick. You can't be surrounded by enough to ever kill you, the aoe is so incredible, plus if you get a phone call or something you can walk away and your demon will pretty much just kill the stuff for you. It's actually better and way more efficient to just run around, collect EVERYTHING within range of corruption and aoe. Take the harvest life talent.
    I'd call that bs. Afflis multidotting or Destros aoe/cleave with ember tap immortality is far stronger for that matter.

haha well it's not bs. the aoe from from demo is the best in game right now, it's twice as good as the other specs, the only thing in game that's comparable is survival hunter. Other than just being obviously much better for aoe, if you want proof look at logs. Demo dps is tons better on aoe fights like wind lord, i.e. it's the king of trash spec, nothing else in game comes close except survival hunters.

Man, just super lol, thinking about mob farming as aff with the methods you mentioned. Would take at least 4 times as much time to kill the same amount of stuff, but whatever floats your boat, I like to spend less time killing trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Destruction.
    1. Immolate, conflag, spam incinerate (hitting conflag on CD/refreshing immo)
    2. When you have 4 embers, pop DS and spam CB.
    Once embers are gone, repeat step 1 until you reach the conditions for step 2.
    ^ so much fail. You never want to hit 4 embers. U hit 4, and your wasting some ember generation somewhere. The only time I actually hit four is when I am aoen, or about i just hit 20%.
    1. Keep immolate up, conflag (never letting it hit 2 stacks), use all stacks for incin. KEEP rain of fire up (even single target)
    2. If it is the start of the fight, and u only have 1 ember, or u have 4, prepot and pop all ur cds (ds and blood fury for me) burn both conflags down to two incins (unless u have 4 embers), chaos bolt (if you have 4 embers, then use immolate and a conflag + 1 incin, then cb again burn two more incins, cb then conflag and 1 incin and finish another cb), then incin twice,chaos bolt. and your cds should be up.
    3. Never have more than 3 and 1/2 embers. around 3 embers (while ds is on cd), look for procs (jade spirit, trinkets) and use chaos bolt during these. Regulate how many embers you use during these, as you may not be able to build back up to 3 for ds.
    4. On Ds, use chaos bolt, and use something in between for 2 cast times, (if you are using sac to let the dot go up). Keep immolate up, and conflag below 2 stacks during this time.
    5. 20%? pop your jade potion and spam the hell outta shadowburn, and dg (i use mine at about 25%). Use ds to build embers faster, and if u have bloodfury like i do, use it on shadowburn.

so, Immolate, Conflag, Incin, Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn, Rain of Fire, Dark soul. Looks like more than 3 buttons. Not to mention if you have to curse of elements
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-01-30 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Context Wolfen...

OP: any of them should be reasonably easy, but you'll pull "good enough" numbers to solo/LFR with the easiest as Destruction, following the methods mentioned above. Immolate is up, conflag when you can, incin spam, then DS/Chaos spam. Swap to shadowburn at 20%. Take Grimoire of Sacrifice so you don't have to manage a pet. Your entire play (not 100% or anywhere near it, but "good enough") can be condensed to 5-6 buttons with minimal attention. RoF for AoE, life drain or any other AoE (including our "make my next spell AoE" ember) optional.