Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing is racism and other thing that none usually talk about is aesthetics.

Some people simply don't like X skin color, they could still be good friends with those but they won't as they mostly won't start words with them.

I think that part is fine as long as no racism is involved. It's like going into a gay bar with friends, you could speak with someone inside in a friendly way, but there's no point because you don't want anything with that people, yet you respect them since them since you don't have kind of problem with them.

That said, I don't have any of those issues, but that's definitely not racism

I think racism is like the internet trolls, everyone will call someone a troll even if he's not, even he simply did a bad joke. Same goes with racism, some people think in some way, yet it doesn't mean they are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I think racism is like the internet trolls, everyone will call someone a troll even if he's not, even he simply did a bad joke. Same goes with racism, some people think in some way, yet it doesn't mean they are racists.
    This would make sense if people called somebody who turned all of the chairs in a place around the other way just to see if people noticed a racist.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

hope that helped clear things out.
    People throw words like stupid and idiot around way too easily and for all the wrong reasons. Being intolerant doesn't make you an idiot. It either makes you just plain judgemental or weathered. If you lived where I live, you'd keep an eye on black people whenever you see them after seeing the kind of things black males do in public areas here. I'm not racist, but knowing what those type of human beings do around here, I'm obviously not going to assume their swell fellas. Stereo types are true most of the time, it's the soft-bellied fools like you who can't accept uncomfortable truths that think they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So you're saying that you were called names and groped by their parents and siblings as well as the majority of kids? Or perhaps that isn't what you meant.
    It's more that their parents condoned that type of behaviour. They didn't do anything. Neither did the school. Their siblings were part of it, they were walking around in gangs. Sitting alone on the bus after school was out of question if you didn't want them to come, having to actively search out groups of swedish people just to be left alone is rather ridiculous.
    In any case, you're probably remembering the actions of a few and transferring that to the majority, then transferring that to the entire region. Even if it was every single person at the school it would still not be right to judge the entire region based on one fucked up school.
    Most people I've met from those regions have been equally skewed in their view on women. Feels more like the norm they're like that and that not being like that is an exception, have only met a few who didn't behave in that way.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

While you can believe in stereotypes, there is a difference when it comes to giving an equal chance to people despite their "race".

IMO the racist word is used too much these days, and it has lost it's true meaning. Or atleast it has lost it's meaning to me. What it used to mean atleast to me, was the ideal thinking of "If you're black, you're.. umm.." Well shit, can't figure out anything that rhymes well. But you know, "if it's red, it's dead".
    It seems that everyone is a racist these days, no matter what you do. "I don't like the middle-east shit" bam, you're racist.
    Good old American history X is a good movie about racism, and everything what a racism is.

I avoid gypsies and I've had very bad experience from them. I also don't have good experiences confronting skinheads either. I don't go out and flash out my phone and wallet near the Somalian gangs in the railway station. List goes on and on with junkies and whatnot.
    I'm not a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    It's more that their parents condoned that type of behaviour. They didn't do anything. Neither did the school. Their siblings were part of it, they were walking around in gangs. Sitting alone on the bus after school was out of question if you didn't want them to come, having to actively search out groups of swedish people just to be left alone is rather ridiculous.
    Sounds like there was a specific group of troublemakers that were victimizing you and whose parents didn't believe they were what they were accused of. People tend to think their children are angels.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    Based purely on your own statement right here, there's no reason not to lump you in with every other "racist" out there.., personally I think it's more ignorance n' an extremely narrow perspective you display, specifically when it comes to the bolded section!

yes, a racist *has* to be a person of limited judgement/depth unless he's not really a racist

what's the problem with it? he can be manipulated in supporting idiotic and dangerous political movements

are you a racist? no idea, but the 'some races are prone to violence' part of your post is plainly stupid, it's the enviroment that shapes the people in it,take an Iranian baby and give it for adoption to a conservative-republican family, it will sing God bless America for you i guarantee you.
    The constructive troll!

Too much tolerance can be bad.
    Bearer... Seek... Seek... Lest...

We're one race, human. Thinking differently of someone because of their skin color/hair color/whatever is morally low and just not good for the world. Attribute actions to background and the way people are raised as kids, not to skin color.

Being raised by a police officer father through the 80's I was always surrounded by racist remarks. My father was a good man and all, and still is, but he's come to his own conclusion throughout the years that black people, and I mean especially the poor, ghetto-raised black people just could not keep their hands out of other people's cookie jars. Now of course its not true that black people commit more crime than white people, absolutely not; I'm not trying to imply it. Yet everyday he'd tell me how he'd get call after call, arrest after arrest, dope after dope, all without leaving the ghetto neighborhoods. They had no respect for cops, treated him like some bully who was "just trying to get all up in their face" and every day after work he'd come home and tell me.

I'm not a racist to the extent that I'd even consider a person's skin color when I reach in for a hand shake or engage in a conversation. Yet I'll admit racial gangs do scare the hell out of me, but I guess its just how I grew up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    yes, a racist *has* to be a person of limited judgement/depth unless he's not really a racist
    Are there people of unlimited judgment/depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I was wondering when Ramzpaul was gonna show up.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    I think being a realist is understanding that all races have their violence, drugs, and general mayhem problems. Take gun violence for issue when you hear about gang shooting you think "Crazy Black/Latino people doing it again" and when you hear about a school shooting you think "Crazy White people doing it again". When we think about being robbed or raped what race comes to mind? Now when you think about mass murders and serial killers what race comes to mind? Just think about it, when we think of everyday crime what are the races of people that we think of? But when we think of the really nasty crimes like serial killers, child molesters/ murders what race comes to mind and do you find yourself more wary of them because of it?

The problem tends to be more fear of the unknown rather than being racist or from the sounds of it prejudiced. There is a big difference with being racist or just prejudiced everyone, and I mean, everyone in this world is prejudiced. We do depending on race, sex, creed, job and a host of other things. Now being racist is a whole different can of worms, those people will not look at you, talk to you, hold the door for, or even treat you like you are a human being. Case in point when my sister took her two little boys out trick or treating some people would not give them candy or would only give them one piece of candy when they gave the other white kids a whole handful. When my sister came back upset about it I told her flat out "You took them to a white neighborhood what else did you expect?"

Now most people are either prejudiced from personal experience (like myself) or from lack of experience with people of different races. The bad thing about being prejudiced is that if you are only going by one thing, like race, you are missing out on people that are not like what you are thinking. I have some great white friends, they are wonderful people and I would not trade meeting them for anything in the world. Now do I talk to guys that look like Bubba? Yeah, I will talk to anyone but if Bubba treats me bad because I am black I have no time for him.

But you know what the really bad thing is now that I think about it. It is that we have a group of people believing they are safe if they stay away from certain races of people. Look at the people in Shady Hook, I bet they thought they were safe because they live in a predominantly white area with with white schools. But we know that it was not another races or even poor people that hurt them the most, it was one of their own. Being prejudices makes you live in a bubble thinking you can spot the "bad" guy when in a lot of cases the "bad" guy may look just like you.

Oh, and if you look at crime stats most crimes are intraracial not interracial.

I'm still pretty sure people are confusing racism with stereotyping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

Jesus would want Genocide... wow!

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    I'm still pretty sure people are confusing racism with stereotyping.
    stereotyping based on race is racism.

Sounds like there was a specific group of troublemakers that were victimizing you and whose parents didn't believe they were what they were accused of. People tend to think their children are angels.
    "maybe they should cover up their hair"

Yes, I actually heard one of the parents saying that. I wasn't the only one subjected to it by them.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    "Races more prone to violence and drugs" listen to you. It couldnt possibly have anything to do with the society they live in or are forced into.
    And what formed these societies? oh, wait....

I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl
    This is merely being considerate of other people. Holding a door for someone does not prove that you aren't a racist or prejudiced against other races (take a soc101 course. they are different things)

I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    This is where one shows his/her true colors. This is prejudice. It is fairly common among humans. We are taught (yes prejudice and racism are taught. we are not born thinking other races are terrible because of their skin color) from a young age that certain people are more prone to things because of their color, but this is a fallacy. Lower income people are more prone to violence, crime, drugs, and sociopathic action.

It is a fact that a large percentage of people of color have a lower income in America than Caucasians, but one must also remember that 1 person of color is a larger percentage of that races population than one Caucasian person is. If you were to look at crime by percentage at income brackets instead of by race though you'd see a huge trend up as you work your way down income brackets.

As human beings we try to make logic of injustices by what we see instead of by doing the true research that would show the reason we perceive that certain races are more prone to certain actions.

Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    You're trying to justify the way you feel about certain people. A racist goes out of their way to make life hell for people that don't look the same as them. A prejudiced person doesn't act upon their prejudices, but they do have an ingrained belief that their race is superior to other races. The only advice i can give you is to be less judgmental. If you really believe that certain races are more prone to violence then start looking up some studies that prove otherwise.

We are all human beings. That is the only true race that matters. The human race, mankind, people. We all have feelings. We all have the same fundamental need: to provide for our family and survive. It's how we try to achieve that need that defines us as violent or non-violent people. Simply remember that more people at lower incomes feel more desperation to make ends meet and that generally leads to more violent activity; regardless of race.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.

I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    That's not racism, it's prejustice. Though a lot of people (usually not the brightest people), will label prejustice as racism. In fact, a lot of pepole will name call you a racist just for just disaggreing with them over any subject concerning foreigners.

Keep in mind that extreme prejustice is very common amongst racists - the reverse however is not necessarily true.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    We're one race, human. Thinking differently of someone because of their skin color/hair color/whatever is morally low and just not good for the world. Attribute actions to background and the way people are raised as kids, not to skin color.
    So if my Willy won't salute when I look at a black girl, does that make me racist?