Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Herald of the Titans b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    2,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Actually I'm talking about about the Human Race, we are all the same if you factor out beliefs and environments. And yes the Human Race is the same thing as saying the Human species. Also you left out a big part in your definition that Race was dictated by physical traits in the 17th century when Europeans classified any different skin color as a inferior race. Take an anthropology class or read a book before you go making wild assumptions from wiki. Any anthropologist hates when people classify a group of similar skin color people as say the "white race or black race" when skin color has nothing to do with it and we all belong to the Human Race/Species if you want me to be more specific.

    Saying "people of say China are of different ethnicity and backgrounds" is correct as race has nothing to do with it. Also next time you want to call someone ignorant read your terribly supported "evidence" since its from Wiki.
    Sorry, but there's nothing like human race.
    You should read that quote again, it's created to CATEGORIZE people. Got that? Categorize, there's some distinction between them.
    And please don't pretend that wikipedia isn't wrote by liberal, politically correct people. You really think it's not a reliable source in THIS case?

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    But, you are making up a minority based on an opinion, not a minority based on race. You should be able to defend your opinion, but to defend your race should not be happening. People should be held accountable to their opinion, even if it's a minority opinion.
    I was more referring to people who think blacks needs help because they're "not as smart as us white people". Or they want to help black people but would never want their kid to marry a black person or similar. They are against racism in public and quick to give people shit for anything that could be interpreted as negative towards blacks, but are racist in their private lives.

    Believe me, these people exist, especially among slightly older folks. Atleast here in Finland where colored people are a quite recent phenomenon.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Racists are idiots. However, there's only 2 kinds of people in the world. Bigots and liars.
    Is this a riddle, where the answer is there are many kinds of people in the world, because you are a liar? But, that would mean you are at least telling the truth about being a liar. Hhhmm... Confusing riddle... Do a spoil tag, can't figure out the answer...
    Go Hawks!!!!

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Has nothing to do with. They grow up in culture where these things are cool. It's cool to ditch school, smoke buds, slang rocks, pimp ho's, etc. Being poor has nothing to do with it. Made up so liberal whites feel better about themselves. I've lived in the "hood" and trust me the youngsters aren't sitting around saying "damn this society is so hard to live, I'm gonna go break into a house". It's not how it works. They want the money from the video's not the money you earn when you go to college for 4 years rack up 30-60k of loans and only make 45k/yr.

    Europeans might have a different view cause honestly I don't think their black communities are half as bad as they are in US. Just google ghetto fights for about 5mins and you get a REAL view of what its like instead of fake unreal view you possess.
    I'm going to bite even though I'm surprised this thread has not been locked.

    The above is a product of not skin colour but socio-economic status.

    On the terms of what race prefers guns, I believe the well publicised mass shootings of recent times in America should provide you some insight on that regard.

    Racism is a big deal, though in my personal opinion the worst racism is the self perpetuating type.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I was more referring to left wing people who think blacks needs help because they're "not as smart as us white people". Or they want to help black people but would never want their kid to marry a black person or similar.

    Believe me, these people exist, especially among slightly older folks. Atleast here in Finland where colored people are a quite recent phenomenon.
    Have you talked to them? Have you asked them why? It seems like you are just creating a characature... It's not like you are even responding to someone who is saying that.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Have you talked to them? Have you asked them why? It seems like you are just creating a characature... It's not like you are even responding to someone who is saying that.
    I edited away the "left wing" because this really isn't isolated to any one political direction. I also edited the rest of my post slightly.

    Some of my parents' friends woulds certainly fall into this category.

    The reason usually is that they're actually racist, but don't want others to think they are. So they go a bit overboard with showing that they're anti-racist.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I edited away the "left wing" because this really isn't isolated to any one political direction. I also edited the rest of my post slightly.

    Some of my parents' friends woulds certainly fall into this category.

    The reason usually is that they're actually racist, but don't want others to think they are. So they go a bit overboard with showing that they're anti-racist.
    So.... Racist people are racist? Sure...
    Go Hawks!!!!

  8. #328
    Mechagnome vastx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    being a racist means u generalize and judge people that u never met or personally know...
    so yeah, its that big of a deal, it basiclly means u're an idiot

    hope that helped clear things out.

    Now, if people could only do the same thing when it comes to others' geographical location. Tennessee, any Southern state really. But that's somehow different.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So.... Racist people are racist? Sure...
    The point is that you don't know who actually is racist just by their public opinions.

  10. #330
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    I'm going to bite even though I'm surprised this thread has not been locked.

    The above is a product of not skin colour but socio-economic status.

    On the terms of what race prefers guns, I believe the well publicised mass shootings of recent times in America should provide you some insight on that regard.

    Racism is a big deal, though in my personal opinion the worst racism is the self perpetuating type.
    Not that I completely disagree with you, but if you're going to cite facts, make sure your facts are right because in this case, you are quite incorrect.


    "Firearm homicide is the leading cause of death for African Americans ages 1-44.1

    African Americans make up nearly 13% of the U.S. population, but in 2009 suffered almost 24% of all firearm deaths – and over 54% of all firearm homicides."

    Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Leading Causes of Death Reports, 1999-2009, for National, Regional, and States (RESTRICTED), at http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/...ction_lcd.html (last visited Mar. 8, 2012) (hereinafter WISQARS Leading Causes of Death Reports, 1999-2009; Note: Users must agree to data use restrictions on the CDC site prior to accessing data). [↩]
    Nat’l Ctr. for Injury Prevention & Control, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Web-Based Injury Statistics Query & Reporting System (WISQARS) Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2009, for National, Regional, and States (Sept. 2011), http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/...ction_inj.html (hereinafter WISQARS Injury Mortality Reports, 1999-2009. Note: Users must agree to data use restrictions on the CDC site prior to accessing data). [↩]

    In addition, so far this thread has been surprisingly reasonable, and therefore, I see why it isn't locked. No one is spewing hate, even the biased members are being calm and reasonable in their discussion.

    I'm impressed MMO-C community, I'm impressed.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2013-01-27 at 06:58 PM.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Again, it is apparent that you are allowing your own personal opinions to bleed through any facts you are trying to present. Find me a Christian that does not believe in the ten commandments and I will show you a man who is not a Christian. Anyone who follows the ten commandments and loves thy neighbor will not be a bad person.

    In addition, you don't even need to BE a Christian to be a good person, if you are an atheist and worship nothing but still stick to the applicable commandments (murder, theft, jealously, etc etc) you will still be a good person without believing in God because they are doing so without a feeling of Omnipotent watchfulness.
    First of all. The Ten Commandments aren't at the front of this debate. There is an entire book of Laws not just the commandments. Secondly, Christians generally claim that they do not have to follow the old testament because of Jesus. This is not true even according to Jesus. Exodus through Deuteronomy still exists and is supposed to be held.

    This is the same conflict taking place in the world of Islam currently as well as the in house fighting becoming more known with the Hasidic Jew violence.

    This is the problem I have with the term "racism" as it isn't really used correctly or to the proper extent. We label "assholes" and "ignorant" people "racist" because they say a dick thing. That's not racism. Burning or stoning someone alive who you feel is different and or under some since of moral authority... that's racism.

  12. #332
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,358
    Because racism thrives on ignorance and close mindedness. These are not good qualities unless you're religious.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Because racism thrives on ignorance and close mindedness. These are not good qualities unless you're religious.
    I hate to be "that guy" but this is a pretty valid point. It doesn't mean that everyone who is religious is a racist but the requirements are pretty identical down the line.

  14. #334
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    First of all. The Ten Commandments aren't at the front of this debate. There is an entire book of Laws not just the commandments. Secondly, Christians generally claim that they do not have to follow the old testament because of Jesus. This is not true even according to Jesus. Exodus through Deuteronomy still exists and is supposed to be held.

    This is the same conflict taking place in the world of Islam currently as well as the in house fighting becoming more known with the Hasidic Jew violence.

    This is the problem I have with the term "racism" as it isn't really used correctly or to the proper extent. We label "assholes" and "ignorant" people "racist" because they say a dick thing. That's not racism. Burning or stoning someone alive who you feel is different and or under some since of moral authority... that's racism.
    Jesus changed the game but didn't rewrite history.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  15. #335
    Not really relevant to on-going discussion but my two cents;

    We live in a world where if you pre-fix c**t with tall, fat, ugly or stupid, people are outraged you called them a c**t.

    But pre-fix it with black and you're a racist, the worst part is 5 minutes in they probably couldn't even remember you called them a c**t.

    Racism stole a perfectly valid descriptive word from the world, but it's the people who will not let us have it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    So Hardcore elitest raiders trying to get LFR removed are in fact essentially trying to kill off their own content!

  16. #336
    Mechagnome RoboA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    588
    i take one look at the news after some cartoon "scandal" and i see how they react. You know of who i speak.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    You seem to be very ill-informed on these topics since all I see is weak generalizations, and nothing to back it up.

    This is racism, and I sincerely hope you'll start to look at these things differently soon.

    Also, it's kinda hard not to dismiss you so easily, and that's not because you think different, but because you're simply put prejudiced, and ill-informed.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The point is that you don't know who actually is racist just by their public opinions.
    But, you do know they are racist, because if you didn't know, you are simply assuming. If it's not their public opinion, how do you know it? If they can behave like they are not racist, what's the problem? As wrong as I might find it, opinions are free to anyone. Unless those opinions are made public, there is nothing to ridicule.
    Go Hawks!!!!

  19. #339
    Brewmaster Rhaide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KPAX
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You seem to be very ill-informed on these topics since all I see is weak generalizations, and nothing to back it up.

    This is racism, and I sincerely hope you'll start to look at these things differently soon.

    Also, it's kinda hard not to dismiss you so easily, and that's not because you think different, but because you're simply put prejudiced, and ill-informed.
    I don't completely disagree with you, but you're not helpful in the least.

    Someone who you disagree with reaches out in a fairly reasonable way and instead of discussing their viewpoint with them, you insult them and tell them they are stupid in no uncertain terms without offering anything in the way of the statistics or figures you seem to value so highly.

    I think the OP isn't the only one with something to learn.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all."

    -God (Futurama)

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcapped View Post
    Multiculturalism is infact RACIST, as they promote assimilation, racemixing and affirmative action...
    wtf?

    Racemixing is racist? The stupid it burns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •