Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    The Lightbringer Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes~

    On a serious note though, I think racism would less of a big deal if everyone calmed their tits and stopped using it as an excuse.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Vs something on a daily/weekly basis. Are you really saying there are an equal number of terrorist attacks from both sides? Since the IRA went under, its been one sided.
    There's almost no terror attacks in the US at all, the ones that do happen are a weird scattering of various types.

    There's no such thing as "terrorism" in active warzones, that's just a term that's used to make enemies look bad. If a US soldier in Afghanistan is killed, that's not terrorism, it's war.

  3. #383
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I was thinking 20th century. Germany, China, the USSR, and Cambodia all have pretty good claims though.
    Two nukes on cities full of civilians put the US right in there as well imo.

  4. #384
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,802
    Being racist is a big deal. It means you view other races below you or above you because of the color of their skin or where they're from. This is idiotic and ignorant. And when you say "Some races are more prone to violence, drugs, or general mayhem", you're completely wrong. That's because of issues of the society they live in; Are they employed? Are they living in a ghetto? What's their home life like? What's their income? Are they poor, middle class, or wealthy? Are they in school and if so are there options for doing things outside of school like sports? Etc. It has nothing to do with race.

    If I cut you open and looked at your insides you'd be nearly exactly same as someone who was born somewhere else and has a different skin color than you.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Two nukes on cities full of civilians put the US right in there as well imo.
    Not even in the ballpark, really. In other centuries it might, but in a century with the Rape of Nanking, the Holocaust, and the Killing Fields, the nukes seem like a humane action by comparison.

    I understand the impulse to say the US was just as bad as Germany in World War II, but it ain't so.

  6. #386
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I understand the impulse to say the US was just as bad as Germany in World War II, but it ain't so.
    Oh, not as bad, don't get me wrong. But it takes a special kind of person to nuke innocents.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though). I've never hurt somebody over race, hell I still hold a door open for somebody other than my race, I treat them absolutely the same irl but I am a lot more wary of some races compared to others. I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem. Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad. There is many degrees of racism, please don't lump all of us together and dismiss an individual so easily because he/she doesn't think like you.
    I totally agree with you. I don't think anyone with half a brain could disagree certain races are more prone to murder just as some are more prone to pedophilia, etc. Sadly, my race is more prone to pedophilia than murder.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Oh, not as bad, don't get me wrong. But it takes a special kind of person to nuke innocents.
    Not really, everyone can do it. You just match some codes, turn a key and push a button.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Being racist is a big deal. It means you view other races below you or above you because of the color of their skin or where they're from. This is idiotic and ignorant. And when you say "Some races are more prone to violence, drugs, or general mayhem", you're completely wrong. That's because of issues of the society they live in; Are they employed? Are they living in a ghetto? What's their home life like? What's their income? Are they poor, middle class, or wealthy? Are they in school and if so are there options for doing things outside of school like sports? Etc. It has nothing to do with race.

    If I cut you open and looked at your insides you'd be nearly exactly same as someone who was born somewhere else and has a different skin color than you.
    You're point really makes no sense. Sure you can cut me open and my organs will look just like someone whos brown, black or white. African americans are more prone to murder than white people, in almost any area of the US. Whites are more prone to pedophilia than black or brown people. Drugs are split evenly I believe. As is robbery.

    I can guarantee you if you do a little research you will CLEARLY see a disproportionate level of different crimes done by different races.
    Last edited by alturic; 2013-01-27 at 10:58 PM.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd go with Japanese, but you could make a case for a lot of different groups.
    Because of the foot binding right? or gun powder?


    It is just odd how people want to place being violent on one group of people but wish to remind ignorant of the violent things their own group of people have done. Racism is not about protecting yourself from harmful elements because some of those same elements or worst are in your group. A group of black kids is no worst than a group of white kids both groups could do nothing or could go wild. I avoid all groups of teens or young males (some females depending) in general because I am scary like that, not because of race.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Two nukes on cities full of civilians put the US right in there as well imo.
    I think that had more to do with Pearl Harbor than just "Lets nuke some civilians" and more of "An eye for an eye".
    Last edited by Ebildays; 2013-01-27 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Because of the foot binding right? or gun powder?
    Rape of Nanking, Unit 731, and other WW2 atrocities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    It is just odd how people want to place being violent on one group of people but wish to remind ignorant of the violent things their own group of people have done. Racism is not about protecting yourself from harmful elements because some of those same elements or worst are in your group. A group of black kids is no worst than a group of white kids both groups could do nothing or could go wild. I avoid all groups of teens or young males (some females depending) in general because I am scary like that, not because of race.
    I agree that avoiding groups of kids is generally a good idea, regardless of race. Juvenile males don't have the best track record of behaving like decent people, especially when in groups.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Rape of Nanking, Unit 731, and other WW2 atrocities.



    I agree that avoiding groups of kids is generally a good idea, regardless of race. Juvenile males don't have the best track record of behaving like decent people, especially when in groups.
    I don't know the US has done much of the same in regards to the treatment of Native Americans in "breed out programs", small pox blankets, or worst making scalping into something they did when it was the government that started it. Then you have the Tuskegee syphilis study which ended in 1972. And the whole of Vietnam War from the people of Vietnam to our own soldiers.

    But the US is no different than any other country because all countries have their dark pasts.



    Oh, and white people like the murdering too but I will take being called a murder over a pedophile any day.

  11. #391
    Finding a particular ethnic group ugly, not getting along well with foreigners, not appreciating certain cultural traits, these are just natural. If you believe a nation to be "smarter and more honourable" than others, reason for a criminal/fanatic mind may lie in the invidual's ancestry, or your nation holds the right to endanger and feed on other civilizations to ensure its superior political stasus, that's what we should be worrying about.

    I'm a guy with Turkish, Kurdish, Greek and Crimean ancestry. I look like a typical Turkmen with a middle-eastern influence on my face, due to the Kurdish side. I'm sure some Americans would find my appearance repulsing, as I don't appreciate some of their cultural elements. I have always preferred Slavic women, still dating one. Here to say that, being aware of physical and cultural differences between certain ethnic groups and having preferences are just natural, insulting those differences and deceiving yourself with dreams of superiority, that is one of the lowest points we as a species ever reached.

  12. #392
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,802
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I totally agree with you. I don't think anyone with half a brain could disagree certain races are more prone to murder just as some are more prone to pedophilia, etc. Sadly, my race is more prone to pedophilia than murder.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:54 PM ----------



    Not really, everyone can do it. You just match some codes, turn a key and push a button.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 05:57 PM ----------



    You're point really makes no sense. Sure you can cut me open and my organs will look just like someone whos brown, black or white. African americans are more prone to murder than white people, in almost any area of the US. Whites are more prone to pedophilia than black or brown people. Drugs are split evenly I believe. As is robbery.

    I can guarantee you if you do a little research you will CLEARLY see a disproportionate level of different crimes done by different races.
    Yeah but it's not because they're that race. It's because of issues within society. Someone being black doesn't mean that they're genetically more likely to go to jail, but the highest percentage of people in jail in the United States are black. That's because of American society and it's social issues, not their skin color. Someone being Asian doesn't mean that they're genetically really good at academics, it's just because of their culture. I could go on but surely you get the point. Social issues and society dictate the stereotypes of different races and the statistics of them, not their genetics.

  13. #393
    -I'm a racist
    -Stop judging me
    Lolwut?

  14. #394
    Mechagnome vastx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Oh, not as bad, don't get me wrong. But it takes a special kind of person to nuke innocents.
    I wonder what the number of casualties would of been had we invaded Japan. Mass civilian suicides (better than the evil U.S. Marines to get a hold of you), wave after wave of banzai attacks. Starvation, disease.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's almost no terror attacks in the US at all, the ones that do happen are a weird scattering of various types.

    There's no such thing as "terrorism" in active warzones, that's just a term that's used to make enemies look bad. If a US soldier in Afghanistan is killed, that's not terrorism, it's war.
    We have a war on terror and were fighting it in the middle east, give me a few mins to put this together.

  16. #396
    What about positive racism? Is that bad? When an Asian guy applies for an IT/Finance possition is it bad to assume he is better prepared for the job then a white guy?

  17. #397
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I wonder what the number of casualties would of been had we invaded Japan. Mass civilian suicides (better than the evil U.S. Marines to get a hold of you), wave after wave of banzai attacks. Starvation, disease.
    Sorry, there's no way you can justify nuking cities in my eyes.

  18. #398
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    What about positive racism? Is that bad? When an Asian guy applies for an IT/Finance possition is it bad to assume he is better prepared for the job then a white guy?
    Still bad, and terribly lazy from an HR perspsective.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 04:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Sorry, there's no way you can justify nuking cities in my eyes.
    When the alternative would have been ground casualties in the millions, as following the projections of the invasion of Japan proper, I'd say the nukes were a clean alternative.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I wonder what the number of casualties would of been had we invaded Japan. Mass civilian suicides (better than the evil U.S. Marines to get a hold of you), wave after wave of banzai attacks. Starvation, disease.
    IIRC, it was estimated over 1,000,000 Allied forces.

  20. #400
    People despise certain cultures and sub cultures. It just happens that most of the individuals in these categories turn out to be a racial majority. People throw out the racist card all the time because they enjoy the superiority they feel from not being racist. Depending on where you grew up you've seen people gravitate to certain races outside of their own, because it's somehow cool to have Black/Asian/Mexican/White friends, and you get to throw out the "I'm not a racist so I am better than you" card. It's not bad to have prejudgments about people, because they are so often correct. It is only bad if you are unwilling to change your mind about an individual after a conversation with them. Most of the times, however, they justify your prejudices and it doesn't change a thing. Every now and then you find a rarity and that is always welcome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •