Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Because saying that racism is an acceptable viewpoint does not work in the real world where in secret "everyone's racist" but everyone still needs to be treated equally.

It's really, that easy to explain.

And no, not everyone is racist. People may be prejudiced in different ways, but that doesn't always equate to race. There is a very very clear difference.
    This is a good post. Last sentence is very accurate too...I don't think everyone is racist. You just form internal opinions, and some are bound to race, others to stereotypes, cliques, social classes etc.

The "racist" in this thread title could be replaced with a number of societal issues and most of these responses would still be applicable.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    I'm slightly wary about posting about such a delicate subject but before I go any further let me just stress that I'm not a racist by any means.

The problem I have with racism (or the racism card that gets thrown around) is the fact that it only seems to work 1 way. White man talks about a black man and hes a racist, black man talks about a white man and it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I admit I am culturally racist. I believe Western Civilization is superior to others and should be the paradigm towards which others aspire. So sue me.
    Urgh... This statement is terrible. It's detrimental to the psychology of young impressionable people and it erodes the weaker democracies. Take for example Eastern Europe and the Balkans. We have history dating back thousands of years and our own culture. The economic problems in the last 23 and especially last 4 years make people hate their own cultures and their own ethnic background.

The self hate caused by the emulation of "western values" is just painful to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    nothing´s a big deal if you don´t hurt somebody... you can be a mini hitler all you want as long as you keep it to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789 View Post
    How can it harm innocent people? If I decide to call a black person the N-word, why should that person be offended?
    so you wan´t to call black people the n-word without offending them? care to explain that urge? it reads as if you want to excuse yourself for being racist
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendyclear View Post
    - snippet -
    All you did in this long winded post was desperately try to rationalize your own ignorance. And I've constantly heard the same negative general sentiment about whites, when I've asked and overheard Hispanics, people from various Asian groups, Africans, and Hindus. The difference between you and me is that I didn't/don't/won't use their answers to form, co-sign, and legitimize confirmation bias/stupidity. All you did in this post was show a fantastic example of intellectual cowardice.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-28 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Not true at all rofl, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
    Not racist, but ever one is prejudices.

Deleted
    The term "racism" has been watered down to be almost meaningless. People will pull the racist card over anything these days. Hell I was called a racist at the super market for telling a muslim ladys kid to STFU (she wasn´t saying shit and the kid was all over the place).. So she called me a racist, when I explained to her that telling her misbehaved little bag of annoyance to STFU wasn´t racist, her husband threatened me.. I am not a racist but I am slowly and surely being made into one. Or maybe just Anti-muslimist

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The term "racism" has been watered down to be almost meaningless. People will pull the racist card over anything these days. Hell I was called a racist at the super market for telling a muslim ladys kid to STFU (she wasn´t saying shit and the kid was all over the place).. So she called me a racist, when I explained to her that telling her misbehaved little bag of annoyance to STFU wasn´t racist, her husband threatened me.. I am not a racist but I am slowly and surely being made into one. Or maybe just Anti-muslimist
    And on the other side of the coin people will outright DENY racism, if it's not something overt like a neo-Nazi calling for genocide or someone using the main racist terms that everyone is looking for.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-28 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point where you became a racist was with this line "some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem"
    Implying you believe the reason for those facts is race and not status. You'll find the races that are like that, which differ depending on country, are only like that because they're also the race that are poor.

Reverse the tables exactly and you'll find any race would be the same given the same circumstances. They aren't violent because they belong to a specific race they're violent because they're human and poor. Though obviously not everyone is like that, I don't mean to imply everyone who is poor is violent or does drugs in anyway. Just going off what the OP wrote.

This is basic correlation doesn't always mean causation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And on the other side of the coin people will outright DENY racism, if it's not something overt like a neo-Nazi calling for genocide or someone using the main racist terms that everyone is looking for.
    I would say they are a definite minority compared to those who will pull the racism card for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    I would say they are a definite minority compared to those who will pull the racism card for anything.
    And I would say the exact opposite, based on past discussions I've had and the conversations I've witnessed.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-28 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is being a racist a big deal? Depends on what kind of person you are.

Is being prejudiced towards a particular type of person that is common within a race of people a big deal? Which, you know, most people are, and aren't actually racist, but pc douchebags feel the need to make them feel like they are racists? Not really.

Bottom line: it doesn't make you racist to enjoy a good black or jew joke. It makes you racist to discriminate against someone for the color of their skin.

There is a pretty distinct difference between being a neo-nazi or member of the KKK and not wanting to sleep with an african or korean because you aren't attracted to them or believing someone who looks, walks, talks and smells like a piece of shit, must be a piece of shit.

It is my earnest belief, that everyone ever who was anal about political correctness, deserves to be taxed for their stupidity and all the oxygen they have wasted in their lifetime.

I wouldn't call myself racist, but I do believe in the concept of guilt by association. Anyone who proclaims a certain Mohammad to be 'the perfect man' for example, despite having been a paedophile and warmonger, I will loathe and despise; in the same way, that were someone to brand Hitler to be 'the perfect man', I would loathe and despise in equal measure.

Perhaps in truth that makes me a bit of an anti-theist in life, depending on the creed, but the presumption and accusation of racism is easily encountered given that the overwhelming majority of a certain race ascribes to the aforementioned belief, for example.

Then again, living in Northern Ireland with its 99.6% white population, racism has been a bit of a non-issue in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    And I would say the exact opposite, based on past discussions I've had and the conversations I've witnessed.
    Well agree to disagree then. Guess location might also have something to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a racist in everyone, as much as some of you might deny it and think you are holier than thou.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Because racism is stupid, ethnocentric (more like egocentric though), unproductive and again stupid when it can be explained by socio-economics
    Unproductive? History has shown that it has actually been very productive to protect your loved ones, people most like you.
    Racism for the most part, has had a positive effect on the evolution of mankind. It's just that in today's society it has become a slightly outdated concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Unproductive? History has shown that it has actually been very productive to protect your loved ones, people most like you.
    Racism for the most part, has had a positive effect on the evolution of mankind. It's just that in today's society it has become a slightly outdated concept.
    You're dishonestly conflating "one's own desire to protect their loved ones from enemies" with "hating someone based on race".

People said the same thing about religion too. But like that, its place in the world is becoming less and less important as humanity evolves past it. And it's only truly "slightly outdated" to a small segment of degenerates who pine for the days of the old, and refuse to move on with the rest of the more civilized peoples.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-28 at 01:02 PM.

I would say that being racist in a confrontational or degrading manner to others is a big deal.

However, on the other hand, I can completely understand if someone has an issue with another race, whatever the reason. If they keep it to themselves, then it's completely their opinion and essentially a right to feel how they want about others. No one can force everyone to like everyone else, it just won't ever happen.

If you are a proud black, jew, asian, then good for you. If you are a proud European then you are racist. If you are a proud Arab then you are a terrorist. The people who act with this mindset are the true racists imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    If you are a proud black, jew, asian, then good for you. If you are a proud European then you are racist. If you are a proud Arab then you are a terrorist. The people who act with this mindset are the true racists imo.
    Oh yeah, because I always hear Irish, Italian, Polish, Scottish, etc...etc... being demonized all the time. Wait. No. That's just another strawman that some "Woe-is-me!" white people like to use, that isn't reflected to any serious degree in reality.