Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devilbesideyou View Post
    I did not say discrimination by POC (people of color) did not exist. Of course it does! But it is different as per the last paragraph in my post which you have failed to address.
    There are approximately 1.376 billion 'white' people in the world, approximately 20.25% of the world's population. When you talk about a People of Color you talk about 80% of the world population, not some helpless little minority. The problem with your agenda driven drivel is just that it means NOTHING.

Do you think the skiny kid cares that more fat kids get bullied? Both are bulling. Both cases are disgusting. Both are punishable. Do you think just because somewhere something happens more often it is ENFORCED by evil white males? If you think that you are beyound help.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbesideyou View Post
    I agree with what you said on the word "Negro". I would never use this word, ever. Even if I know the original word was just to describe something dark/black, the usage changed in history when it was used offensively by white people to oppress black people. Since then I believe black people have reclaimed this word and only they can freely use it among themselves. It is empowering for them to use it, they are "taking back what is theirs". No other person other than a black person should be using this word.
    The ottomans used to call the white europeans/christians in their empire râya and gyaur. No one here looks for pride or emporement in these disgusting words. If someone calls me that i will break his teeth regardless of his ethnicity. Also "taking back what is theirs" is one of the emptiest phrases i have ever heard, the word was latin in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Blame the White Power Movement for that, for the most part. The other part is you are damn right it is great to be white and I don't need you rubbing it in my face. Just look at this board and the image that a lot of people have of black people, violent, scary, murders, and etc. Are you telling me you would be proud to say you are black in the face of that? So we started things like Black History Month to show ourselves that we do have something to be proud of. That while we do not look like the standard of beauty we to are beautiful in our own way.

Every day white people numerous examples of how good it is to be white them everyday. The same is not true for non-whites and just because you may not notice it does not mean it is not happening. I mean really the only time it is good to be black is when it comes to sports or as a black male sex.
    You speak like you suffer from an infiriority complex. You ask for people to look pass stereotypes and negative media depiction, but you EMBRACE with both hands open possitive stereotypes about Sport and Sex? This is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    One of the more racist things I read on this thread so far. This type of belief does nothing but fuel the fire.
    I wouldn't really pay it any mind.

Even retarded people get the same bill that I pay for every month.

But I am not surprised. Most people have had the fortune of living a luxurious life, even if they do not realize it.
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

It is officially sanctioned by the US government so long as it is against white people. The existence of affirmative action is proof is proof of this.

I love the fact we are a conscious being, means were capable of out thinking many of our more primitive traits. One of which is the fear of those different to us. It kept us alive when we were war`ing factions/familys/groups of apes. However with globalization and the world opening up in the way it has, is nothing but a thing of great beauty and responsibility.

Several hundred years this has spanned and yet, here we are today with so many prejudice`s. It really is quiet sad there are those of us who are still so backwards.

We all have a right to hate and to be upset by things, but to still have to use the race card, instead of the human one. Yeh its just sad and I pity anyone who thinks like that. Sorry.

Its no more absurd than hating someone based on hair color!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    While I agree it's racist to say, "Mexicans are more likely to be violent and steal," you could say "If you're a Mexican living in (Crime City) you're more likely to have committed a violent crime or stolen something" - backed up of course by statistical data. This is not racist. It's taking specifics and applying them to a whole body of people that enables racism to rears it's ugly head.
    I agree, there is nothing wrong with taking in specifics it just when they apply those specifics to a whole group is where the problems begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You speak like you suffer from an infiriority complex. You ask for people to look pass stereotypes and negative media depiction, but you EMBRACE with both hands open possitive stereotypes about Sport and Sex? This is the very definition of hypocrisy.
    Dude where did you get that I have an inferiority complex? No where in my post have I "embrace with both bands" the stereotypes about sports and sex. I only said those were the only times when it is seen as good to be black not that I think those things are true or even good stereotypes to embrace. I could it be that you are bad at sports or not that well endowed which is why you have choose to wrongly assume I have an inferiority complex?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    It is officially sanctioned by the US government so long as it is against white people. The existence of affirmative action is proof is proof of this.
    LOL, Really!?! Yes because the African American, Latino, Native American, Chinese and all others have had their foot on the white man since America was discovered. I mean I remember way back when a white person had to sit in back of the bus or have its own restroom. Oh wait?? 1968, huh? That's barely a generation (every 25 years) of having Jim Crow laws which made it hard to impossible to vote, and outright apartheid in southern states. Even people today such as when Condoleeza Rice spoke at Republican Convention mentioned segregated south and bombing of Birmingham church bombings.

If you really think that affirmitive action is just letting say any minority into a job or college you are very, very ignorant. If you think 25 years is enough for affirmitive action well that is your opinion but again when someone, like Condi Rice who just 5 years ago was Secretary of State knows what it is like to live in a segregated times then that doesn't seem too far away for me.

I think we're all very slightly racist by nature; we'd prefer more to be around people that look and act like us.

For example, let's say you took 4 people (2 men, 2 women) of each of the 'major' racial groups (white, black, Arabian, Asian, Indian, Hispanic, Native America), and showed them 100 pictures of people of both genders, of all ages and races, and then asked them for every picture, if they would like to befriend or be around that person. I bet you if they collected the data, every person would have approved of more pictures of people of their own race.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

It's policy to redress significant and inherent imbalances in the system. A policy designed to enforce equality is not racist, it's... equality?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    LOL, Really!?! Yes because the African American, Latino, Native American, Chinese and all others have had their foot on the white man since America was discovered. I mean I remember way back when a white person had to sit in back of the bus or have its own restroom. Oh wait?? 1968, huh? That's barely a generation (every 25 years) of having Jim Crow laws which made it hard to impossible to vote, and outright apartheid in southern states. Even people today such as when Condoleeza Rice spoke at Republican Convention mentioned segregated south and bombing of Birmingham church bombings.

If you really think that affirmitive action is just letting say any minority into a job or college you are very, very ignorant. If you think 25 years is enough for affirmitive action well that is your opinion but again when someone, like Condi Rice who just 5 years ago was Secretary of State knows what it is like to live in a segregated times then that doesn't seem too far away for me.
    So you fix past transgressions of discrimination by instituting more of them?!

Affirmative action discriminates against people based on ethnicity. That is indisputable. If you support Affirmative Action you are a racist, end of story.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It's policy to redress significant and inherent imbalances in the system. A policy designed to enforce equality is not racist, it's... equality?
    It sets artificial standards that must be met. Due to affirmative action admission into university isn't based solely on academic performance/potential. If one student is denied admission so that a less qualified student (with the target "ethnicity") can be admitted, that is racist, and anyone claiming to be against racism is a hypocrit for supporting this legislation. You mention "significant and inherent" imbalances; do you mean admitting the most academically qualified? Because that is what should be happening, but affirmative action wasn't designed to ensure the most qualified students get accepted, it was designed to so that the most qualified students get in so long as X% are of ethnicity A, ethnicity B, etc.

I don't give a shit what color someone's skin might be. Admission should be based on aptitude and NOTHING else.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2013-01-28 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Just look up violent crimes in USA, figure the amount of black population vs white then you can clearly see blacks are 5x more likely to commit a violent crime. Not really that hard... And why are you telling me there is thieves, murderers, drug addicts of all races when that is not what even talking about. Of course I know that, I'm not stupid nor have I exuded anything near that. Please be reasonable or leave the thread.
    Well in that case white people are more likely to go crazy and do mass killings. Also IDK I think whatever race you are is probably more stupid thus you are. Statics I can find on the internet prove it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:46 PM ----------

Affirmative action discriminates against people based on ethnicity. That is indisputable. If you support Affirmative Action you are a racist, end of story.

It sets artificial standards that must be met. Due to affirmative action admission into university isn't based solely on academic performance/potential. If one student is denied admission so that a less qualified student (with the target "ethnicity") can be admitted, that is racist, and anyone claiming to be against racism is a hypocrit for supporting this legislation. You mention "significant and inherent" imbalances; do you mean admitting the most academically qualified? Because that is what should be happening, but affirmative action wasn't designed to ensure the most qualified students get accepted, it was designed to so that the most qualified students get in so long as X% are of ethnicity A, ethnicity B, etc.

I don't give a shit what color someone's skin might be. Admission should be based on aptitude and NOTHING else.
    Unless they are white, right? After all you just made a big deal about how the government is against the white man.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

It sets artificial standards that must be met. Due to affirmative action admission into university isn't based solely on academic performance/potential.
    Which would be fine if people were colourblind, but as long as humans are involved and tests keep reporting subconscious bias against certain ethnic groups (and often conscious, behold these threads,) then college admission is not based entirely on aptitude. You seem to think the system we had for centuries was entirely objective; it was and still is not. The system now has to correct it by enforcing these standards to ensure people get a fair shake.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Well in that case white people are more likely to go crazy and do mass killings. Also IDK I think whatever race you are is probably more stupid thus you are. Statics I can find on the internet prove it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:46 PM ----------

Unless they are white, right? After all you just made a big deal about how the government is against the white man.
    I made a big deal about how the government supports a racist policy. It was wrong in 100 years ago, and it is wrong now, regardless of which ethnicity is being discriminated against.

It is a system that selects and discriminates based on race/ethnicity. That is the definition of racism, and it boggles my mind that anyone can think that the proper way to prevent racism is by instituting more racist policies.

Affirmative action was put forward to attempt to redress years of systematic discrimination, but are you really surprised that once a group of people gain a benefit or advantage, they aren't going to be in a hurry to lose it? Also you can argue that the entire academic system is broken, the most important lesson that you will learn from the education system is compliance to systems of control.

I also suppose you consider it stupid for Harvard/MIT to allow foreigners admission? I mean, it is ridiculous to give Ivy League degrees to people who are just going to go back to China or India.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    The stars may be far away, but people still reach for them. -My Grandfather
    Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Affirmative action was put forward to attempt to redress years of systematic discrimination, but are you really surprised that once a group of people gain a benefit or advantage, they aren't going to be in a hurry to lose it?
    Bingo. The advantaged group gets upset that their advantages have been lowered to being treated fairly. What other system could be put in place exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Which would be fine if people were colourblind, but as long as humans are involved and tests keep reporting subconscious bias against certain ethnic groups
    Assessment of quantitative and analytical skills is biased against ethnic groups?! Qualitative sections require a proper diction and grasp of English, so if you want to say that exams are biased based on ones mastery of the English language, then sure, the tests are biased.

Assessment of quantitative and analytical skills is biased against ethnic groups?!
    That's not ALL that goes into college submissions and YES, those tests have been proven to be ethnically biased. I've never heard of a non-ethnically biased test and I have a Masters in education.

I'm not racist, I just think some countries' cultures, sometimes because of strong ties to the religious, has led to a distasteful development.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Affirmative action was put forward to attempt to redress years of systematic discrimination, but are you really surprised that once a group of people gain a benefit or advantage, they aren't going to be in a hurry to lose it?

You think it should be acceptable to give preferential admission to a weaker student just because they fit a certain ethnic profile? Really? Do you really believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I think we're all very slightly racist by nature; we'd prefer more to be around people that look and act like us.

For example, let's say you took 4 people (2 men, 2 women) of each of the 'major' racial groups (white, black, Arabian, Asian, Indian, Hispanic, Native America), and showed them 100 pictures of people of both genders, of all ages and races, and then asked them for every picture, if they would like to befriend or be around that person. I bet you if they collected the data, every person would have approved of more pictures of people of their own race.
    I find white (American, British) and Japanese more attractive than my own ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Everyone a racist deep down even if they don't admit it.
    The more important it is to fight the racist within ourselves.